Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Saw Bill Wells and Aidan Moffat at the Oran Mor all dayer last year, they were fabulous only trumped by seeing Moffat's Where You're Meant to be, wonderful gig at The Caves and even better at Barrowlands, the film is also terrific. Highly recommend it.

Sounds good.

Caught them at the Tolbooth in Stirling. Small, intimate venue, cracking gig.

Booked for Ullapool,Loopallu Festival,at end of Sept.Bands already confirmed include Selecter,Feeder and The Wonder Stuff.

Also got tickets for Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats in Glasgow in Nov.Can't wait for that one.

Saw them once, at the Apollo on the 'Face Dances' tour. What was that, about 1981/82? They were tremendous. No idea what they are like in 2016 mind.

Bring your binoculars. Don't go to large arenas if you need to watch a screen to see what us going on then watch a DVD and save the load of Wonga the Hydro charges.

Edited by nedflanders123

Had an amazing time in Skye at their live music festival . Public Service Broadcasting Service were the highlight for me can see them being huge. Mostly was in the DJ tent as that's what the lads I was with wanted. Too cold to camp so we all got into Potree youth hostel which is a better of a place all for £18 a night.

Had an amazing time in Skye at their live music festival . Public Service Broadcasting Service were the highlight for me can see them being huge. Mostly was in the DJ tent as that's what the lads I was with wanted. Too cold to camp so we all got into Potree youth hostel which is a better of a place all for £18 a night.

Yeah, PSB are spiffing... saw them and Prides at a BBC at The Quay Session just before the Commonwealth Games. Very entertaining.

Edited by Vambo57

ordered a vinyl copy wife text to say it arrived today. Listened to them on you tube before the festival ordered the album from that. Live they were top notch the tent was packed out for them.

Check out the stunning Youtube videos to Spitfire and Everest!

Amazing footage and cracking music.

The Who are coming to The Hydro August 29th.

Anybuddie recommend?

Yes but you might struggle to get a ticket unless you use the black market. .

ETA just checked you can still get tickets for the ground floor area - if you don't mind £220 a pop . Probably my favourite band but you have to draw the line somewhere and a ticket that is over a ton pretty much rules me out -that is robbery. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Bring your binoculars. Don't go to large arenas if you need to watch a screen to see what us going on then watch a DVD and save the load of Wonga the Hydro charges.

So far, in the Hydro I have seen Del Amitri, Eagles, U2, Prince, and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. All have been utterly brilliant, the sound has been brilliant, the atmosphere brilliant, my view brilliant. The Hydro is without doubt one of the three best live venues I have ever been in, the other two being Madison Square Garden in New York, and the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

A superb addition to the Glasgow scene, and skyline. Love it.

Yes but you might struggle to get a ticket unless you use the black market. .

ETA just checked you can still get tickets for the ground floor area - if you don't mind £220 a pop . Probably my favourite band but you have to draw the line somewhere and a ticket that is over a ton pretty much rules me out -that is robbery. .

Don't go on general sale until Friday morning.

Anybuddie want Who tickets quickly and pretty much face value?

Get onto Ticketmaster website just now. Floor seats still available.

Tickets are £79.00 each, you can buy 4 at this price if you take out 1 membership to The Who fan club at £35.00.

4 tickets cost £352.80, expensive but much better than they will be on Saturday if you miss out on General sale.

Anyone who really wants a ticket, it's probably the best option.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3600509B90491CAF?page=tmuk&tmid=3600509B90491CAF

Edited by davidg

Check out the stunning Youtube videos to Spitfire and Everest!

Amazing footage and cracking music.

Interestingly their live performances on you tube are just a duo up in Skye they had a full blown band two drummers rhythm guitar , bass guitar , plus a three band horn section above the main guy and drummer it was an awesome sound. They are probably taking the sound to the next level for summer festivals. Quirky and different best thing I have heard in a long time , cant wait till they do their own tour again.

The site I was on said only 73 left ! If what you say is true , I suspect they will be gone in a couple of hours if previous gigs are anything to go by . Who would have thought that a couple of old pensioners would be able to ask those sort of prices . .

That's getmein, a resellers website.

Anyone can buy from Ticketmaster and list them on here at whatever price they chose.

Edited by davidg

• 3 weeks later...

Anybuddie interested in going to see The Manic Street Preachers at The Hydro tonight?

Got 2 spare club tickets which I paid £53.90 inc booking fee for each.

As it's last minute I'm offering them for £50 for the pair.

Lounge access, no queues to get in. Lounge opens at 6pm and stays open for an hour after the gig.

Seats are in front row of upper section so fantastic seats.

Will give it an hour on here before I stick them on gumtree.

Edited by davidg

• 2 weeks later...

Complete bawbags - Mike Peters of the alarm and Monty Oxymoron, Keyboards in the Damned, laughed my cock off when someone

threw a drink at oxymoron, as like me they were embarrassed watching a fat bellend in his 50s trying to pogo. lol.gif this cùnt never

gets the message, he's always getting bottles/drinks thrown over him.

That's it for me. Confirmed. I've seen Led Zeppelin, The Who, U2, Queen in their pomp. AC/DC with Bon Scott, and REM in a sweaty packed Barrowlands. Elvis Costello is a genius and in their day Crowded House had the crowd in the palm of their hand.... but.... after being at Hampden last night...

Bruce Springsteen is THE greatest live performer I will ever get to see in my lifetime, and the E Street Band are simply a force of nature.

As I say, personally speaking, IMHO and all that.... The Boss is simply the best.