Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

• 2 weeks later...
just got tickets for Gallagher and Lyle at Backstage in the Green Hotel in Kinross.

Only 120 seats per session, so a very intimate acoustic session.  So looking forward to this.

Also taking in the Graham Parker duo at the Oran Mor next month

Awesome venue.
Great gig there.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Second Decay said:

Got my Kraftwerk ticket yesterday for GRCH most that I have ever paid for a ticket as it was £82.50
Gigs I have been to this year: Suede, Blancmange, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Adam Ant, Gary Numan, and 4 China Crisis gigs with another 4 to follow

Ooooooh.  Spooky!

i never get them, but for some reason I just had a premonition....

have you bought a Saints season ticket?

• 1 month later...

Seen Arab Strap at Barrowlands a couple of weeks ago. Great gig.

We've also got tickets for Aidan Moffat and friends accompanying a showing of his film collaboration "Where We're Meant To Be" at the Old Fruitmarket during Celtic Connections in January. Really looking forward to that.

Good time of year for gigs just now . 

In the past month I've seen The Buzzcocks , The Specials and The Sleaford Mods . All very good . 

Cinematic Orchestra are playing tonight . Not going though as its a bit pricey .

Edited by munoz

16 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Been listening to Seeds recently, still one of my favourite albums ever.

I have to say, it was one of the greatest privileges in my life to attend that gig last night.  Both Benny & Graham sang beautifully and played wonderfully, even if the banter over deciding which key they were going to play belied their age a little.

Graham Lyle was openly weeping as they got to the end of "I believe in you" and Benny Gallagher's smile to him at the end of the song was a picture.  Both men were visibly moved by the singalongs on "the runaway" and "I wanna stay with you"

So many high points, including the "hooligan" version of  "when i'm dead & gone". 

But mostly, just a pleasure to be in the room with two such humble and brilliant musicians.  I got to shake Graham's hand at the end and he was genuinely surprised to hear how much it meant to there.

It's high time Scotland celebrated and honoured these guys , as much for who they are as for what they have done

Just did a wee gig tally for the year so far... that I can remember!
So far... 54 gigs!
More booked before the end of the year which will take me to over 60.

By the end of the year I will have seen as main or in support:
Doghouse Roses 3 times
Boo Hewerdine 3 times
Roddy Hart and The Lonesome Fire 3 times
Dean Owens 3 times
Carol Laula 4 times
Bella and the Bear 4 times
Jill Jackson 5 times
Blue Rose Code 11 times!