Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

17 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just got my tickets for Al Stewart thru. :D

Born in Greenock, played guitar for Tony Blackburn's group The Sabres as well as with a host of real musicians. Played at the first Glastonbury Festival (before it was even called Glastonbury!).

Be there - in incense and patchouli..........:green

Al Stewart?  The Year of the Cat, Al Stewart?

Just got tickets for Rainbow at the Hydro in June next year. Have seen them twice, back in the day, at Ingliston with Graham Bonnet, and the Edinburgh Playhouse with Joe Lynn Turner. Blackmore was on fire at both gigs. I know he's a moody barsteward, but he was amazing both times I've seen him. Looking forward to it!

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just got tickets for Rainbow at the Hydro in June next year. Have seen them twice, back in the day, at Ingliston with Graham Bonnet, and the Edinburgh Playhouse with Joe Lynn Turner. Blackmore was on fire at both gigs. I know he's a moody barsteward, but he was amazing both times I've seen him. Looking forward to it!

It has to be said,

"Rainbow is nothing without Zippy".

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to The Concert In The Gardens, where Paisley takes over Auld Reekie on Hogmanay by having not one.... not two.... but Three home grown Buddie Good Acts on the bill..

starting with BAWA's own forumsters band Lemonhaze, followed by The Vegan Leather and Mr P Nutini to round off a buddy takeover of the capital. Cannae wait.

mon the buds!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got tickets the other day to see Jack Savoretti at the Kelvingrove Bandstand on 1st June. Thought £32.50+ was a bit steep considering his (modest) profile, but it seems to be sold out now...

Been waiting for Glen Hansard to play a Scottish gig for 3 or 4 years. I was due a wee break and noticed he was doing a short tour of Spain in March, so I treated myself to a few days in Valencia from the 27th and a concert ticket. Flights & hotel very reasonable. Really looking forward to that one  :)

Got tickets the other day to see Jack Savoretti at the Kelvingrove Bandstand on 1st June. Thought £32.50+ was a bit steep considering his (modest) profile, but it seems to be sold out now...
Been waiting for Glen Hansard to play a Scottish gig for 3 or 4 years. I was due a wee break and noticed he was doing a short tour of Spain in March, so I treated myself to a few days in Valencia from the 27th and a concert ticket. Flights & hotel very reasonable. Really looking forward to that one  [emoji4]

Love Savoretti and would have been there in a heartbeat... ... But for the ridiculous price of tickets.

Aye... It has sold out so they have a defence... But that is way too high a cost and on getting to the final click of booking tickets, Common sense kicked in.

• 1 month later...