Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

15 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Just had a recap of my upcoming gigs so I can book days off. So far....
Pixies
Ride
Mogwai
Slowdive
Charlatans (Glasgow)
Charlatans ( London)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Gigtastic!

Absolutely no chance.

Your boss will never give you all that time off.

Just back from seeing James Grant in Millport. Top night.

Saw James three weeks ago in EK.

A musical genius that should be selling out big venues.

Such a good songwriter and so engaging. That voice is sublime.

Last week I saw Underhill Rose, Jonas and Jane, Darden Smith, John Alexander, and the Paisley songbird Jill Jackson.

Next week is The Danberrys in Kilbarchan... Then gig 50 of the year... ...

Paisleys finest... Carol Laula in Oran Mor.

If you havent heard Carol in a while please just go... Her last album was her finest in decades.

Her support The Wellgreen harmonise like the Everleys meet Simon and Garfunkel whilst singing songs by Wings! Love them.

Thursday night.

Carol Laula in Oran Mor.

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow at the Hydro last night. Brilliant gig, aside from an overly long keyboard solo best left in a drawer marked 'Emerson Lake & Palmer circa' 1972'. Young singer Ronnie Romero is bloody good. Can handle the songs sung by Dio, Bonnet, Turner, Gillan or Coverdale with absolute ease and power. 'Child in Time' was simply stunning. Aside from 'Highway Star', all the big Rainbow and Purple songs were performed with class, style and power.

Tremendous. B)

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow at the Hydro last night. Brilliant gig, aside from an overly long keyboard solo best left in a drawer marked 'Emerson Lake & Palmer circa' 1972'. Young singer Ronnie Romero is bloody good. Can handle the songs sung by Dio, Bonnet, Turner, Gillan or Coverdale with absolute ease and power. 'Child in Time' was simply stunning. Aside from 'Highway Star', all the big Rainbow and Purple songs were performed with class, style and power.

Tremendous. B)

Sometimes, in this life, the almost unthinkable happens... a newspaper review almost exactly matches your own view of an event!...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts_ents/15371787.Music_review__Ritchie_Blackmore___s_Rainbow__SSE_Hydro__Glasgow/

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Skids gig at the Lagoon has been cancelled. Now playing a joint gig with Big Country at the Town Hall on Nov 17th

That's a shame.

Slow ticket sales to blame?

Just now, HSS said:

That's a shame.

Slow ticket sales to blame?

http://www.bigcountry.co.uk/big-country-and-the-skids-double-bill-at-paisley-town-hall/

Originally due to play on 5th August to benefit Loud n Proud rock school in Paisley, SKIDS *and* BIG COUNTRY now have the opportunity to put their combined weight behind the charity, one with which they are immensely proud to be involved with.

A spokesperson for both bands said: “Someone happened to notice that each of the bands was playing a show for the charity and made the point that, by both bands performing on the one date, a historic combination of both – for the first time ever in Scotland – could really make a difference to Loud n Proud, a very, very worthwhile cause. It was as simple as that “.

However, logistics and previous commitments mean that unfortunately, Skids will reluctantly have to withdraw from the August date and will now perform on the existing Big Country date in Paisley – on Friday 17th November.
Promoter LNP sincerely apologised to everyone that had already bought tickets for August 5th “but the chance of bringing these two iconic bands together will be such a massive boost to Loud n Proud, we’d have been mad to not grab the opportunity with both hands. These are passionate performers who are passionate about ‘giving back’ to the community. It is going to be an absolutely massive day! “
Tickets already purchased for 5th August and 17th of November will be honoured and of course if you now can’t make the rescheduled date then we sincerely apologise – you’ll be offered a full refund. We ask you contact where you got your ticket from, arrange them to be returned and a refund will be made.

My wife's birthday fell on the same day as Father's Day this year and our youngest, Eve, bought us a couple of tickets for the Friday of TRNSMT.  A very generous gift from a 19 year old!:)

I've organised the day off work and we're looking forward to it.  I wouldn't have thought to buy a ticket myself, but this was a nice surprise.  I was a big fan of Radiohead's earlier stuff, and like Belle & Sebastian and London Grammar.  Rag'n'Bone man should also be worth seeing.  All in, its a pretty decent line-up that probably caters for the more, aherm, mature music fan as much as it does the younger generation (my other daughter and her boyfriend and friends are also going along but won't let us hang out with them....BOO!:double).

ETA - just noticed this was my 10,000th post.  FFS, indeed!:o

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, HSS said:

Mosspark Boulevard Of Broken Dreams.

Aye. Rain in Glasgow... cancel gig half an hour before gates open. Not a breath of wind, temperature about 12-15 degrees, but (shock!) it's been raining in Scotland.

Drew's FFS.