Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

25 minutes ago, Drew said:

Staff aren't getting paid, seemingly.

Piss poor all round.

Staff who were already in place will be paid.Staff who were starting work after the cancelation time will not be paid.

I will be at Gallagher and Lyle again on 29/7, open air gig on a saturday night in St Andrews.  
Usually, I have a rule about seeing an act more than once in a 12-18 month timeframe, but this seems a special gig, if the weather permits

Why the rule?

I saw Blue Rose Code 13 times last year, including 3 consecutive nights.

Those 3 consecutive shows had different venues, different set lists, and different band compositions.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Why the rule?

I saw Blue Rose Code 13 times last year, including 3 consecutive nights.

Those 3 consecutive shows had different venues, different set lists, and different band compositions.

because experience tells me that there is very little change between the sets that get played unless there is a time-lap that allows for a different focus.  I saw ELO last year and passed on the Hydro show this year because Jeff Lynne seems to only add/remove a couple of tunes every tour and the final third seems always to be the same-it needs to be special for me as the Tinnitus is advancing quite quickly now and i want to get the best from the few gigs I feel able to attend.

BRC seems very atypical to me, from that appraisal.

...bit of a confession to make...

Certainly like what I've heard of Public Service Broadcasting over the last few years. Then they made an elpee called 'Every Valley' which seems to be a surprisingly empathetic comment on the rise, pre-eminence and fall of Welsh mining. So, after a couple of listens on Spotify and egged on by an empty bottle of Spanish red, I went online and bought 2 tickets for their show at the Barras in October. I don't know anyone else who likes PBS. I'm not even sure if I'm keen enough on them to spend £26 per ticket.

Never mind clamping down in sales of sulphuric acid, when are the government going to make it illegal to buy things online without first passing a breathalyser test?

...bit of a confession to make...
Certainly like what I've heard of Public Service Broadcasting over the last few years. Then they made an elpee called 'Every Valley' which seems to be a surprisingly empathetic comment on the rise, pre-eminence and fall of Welsh mining. So, after a couple of listens on Spotify and egged on by an empty bottle of Spanish red, I went online and bought 2 tickets for their show at the Barras in October. I don't know anyone else who likes PBS. I'm not even sure if I'm keen enough on them to spend £26 per ticket.
Never mind clamping down in sales of sulphuric acid, when are the government going to make it illegal to buy things online without first passing a breathalyser test?

Not sure about PBS but I absolutely love PSB!

The Race For Space was the most original, creative and enjoyable albums in decades!

Every Valley is not as instant and doesn't have as many power tracks... but it is one helluva story that needs to be told.

Third listen I wept at one of the tracks... It sneaks up on you and grabs you.

I don't have tickets as the Barras is not my favourite venue... But if they come back and play the concert hall I would pay that money and more to see them.

Have you heard Spitfire?

Check out the track and video on YouTube. Stunning archive footage.

Everest too... Another cracking video and tune.

:P I woke up thinking it would be very easy to get their initials in the wrong order and wondering if I'd done just that. Christ, I need to get a life...

Because I originally only heard individual tracks (Spitfire included), I didn't realise BPS developed a theme through each album. Now I've grasped that, I recoil at the thought of liking 'concept albums'. Didn't we fight the punk wars in '77 to wipe 'concept albums' off the face of the earth? C'mon - sing along! 'I Wanna Riot, A White Riot...'...'Do Anything You Wanna Do...' ...'God Save The Queen, The Fascist Regime...'

Anyway, I reckon SPB are on the likeable side of 'clever' (as long as you also have 'Rocket To Russia' on your playlist).

6 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

5 gigs so far to come this year David Bowie Tribute in August, Metallica in October and The Darkness, Airbourne and Electric Boys in November :headbang

Nerina Pallot, Stone Sour, Goldfrapp and Wolf Alice still to come for me this year

The line up for Loopallu has been announced and it's a good one.Really looking forward to seeing The View.Sept 29/30.

The bad news is that this is the last  time the Festival will be held.:angry:

Loopallu.jpg

10 Oct - Gary Numan, ABC Glasgow
13 Oct - Half Man Half Biscuit, ABC Glasgow
14 Oct - China Crisis, Greystones Sheffield
20 Oct - China Crisis, Tolbooth Stirling
28 Oct - Blancmange, Audio Glasgow
19 Nov - OMD, Royal Concert Hall Glasgow
14 Dec - China Crisis, The Cavern Liverpool
15 Dec - China Crisis, The Cavern Liverpool
16 Dec - China Crisis, Oran Mor, Glasgow

2 minutes ago, Second Decay said: