Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The Damned are back on top form on this tour. Follow the Captain on facebook

saw them in cambridge a couple of years ago, they were that shite they had to go off

after 20 minutes for about 10 minutes, then they tried some sort of psychedelic tribute to syd barret

(him being from cambridge originally) but they were absolutely shite.

that complete bellend monty oxy moron was incredibly embarrassing trying

to pogo, he looked just like a middle aged dad dancing and wobbling all over the place,

didn't even play new rose :angry:

11 hours ago, Hoof Hearted said:

saw them in cambridge a couple of years ago, they were that shite they had to go off

after 20 minutes for about 10 minutes, then they tried some sort of psychedelic tribute to syd barret

(him being from cambridge originally) but they were absolutely shite.

that complete bellend monty oxy moron was incredibly embarrassing trying

to pogo, he looked just like a middle aged dad dancing and wobbling all over the place,

didn't even play new rose :angry:

Yeah heard about that tour and its problems. They have sorted themselves out now, got serious/in love with it all again and the promoters and album produced by Tony Visconti have followed suit.

New Rose was played like it was 1976-77 all over again, as was most of DDD, yes they played Elouise, and some stuff i never bothered checking out from less fruitful times. They were a class live act, Paul Gray back on bass, and Moron too fat now to pish around much.

they had a cracking support act, Slim Jim Phantom (ex stray cat) with a couple of Prentenders belting out some stoatin rockabilly.

Got tickets for Nils Lofgren at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh on 20th May. Been going to see him every tour since '76. His guitar work just makes me weak. When you've been picked as a band member by both Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen, you've probably got something special...

Got up super early on Friday to get tickets for Roddy Frame at Kelvingrove Bandstand on 11th August (8.50am IS super early!) . The guy's a genius.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:30 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah heard about that tour and its problems. They have sorted themselves out now, got serious/in love with it all again and the promoters and album produced by Tony Visconti have followed suit.

New Rose was played like it was 1976-77 all over again, as was most of DDD, yes they played Elouise, and some stuff i never bothered checking out from less fruitful times. They were a class live act, Paul Gray back on bass, and Moron too fat now to pish around much.

they had a cracking support act, Slim Jim Phantom (ex stray cat) with a couple of Prentenders belting out some stoatin rockabilly.

Going to see them in August Belfast with SLF, Buzzcocks and Defects

On 06/02/2018 at 5:03 PM, Longtimecoming said:

Going to see Elbow on 2nd March at the Hydro.

Not a big fan.

Got the tickets for my wife's Christmas.

My wife walked down the aisle to Elbow so it has good memories.

Seen Elbow loads of times even as a support act in their early days. No fancy lights , no fancy dancing what you get is awesome music played by top musicians great live band enjoy . Let us know how it went. 

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Weller last night at the Hydro was brilliant , first time I've seen him in a few years but a great night , over two hours of a good mix of his music from The Jam up till now.Can't say I thought too much of the support act The Strypes  they mainly sounded like a riot.

Edited by linwood buddie

On 26/02/2018 at 5:57 PM, southside saint said:

Got Elbow on Friday night as well. Gutted to be  missing the game but will be watching on my phone til 9pm.

See the gig is cancelled and will be on Monday night now. I'm going to the original Wailers on Sunday praying its on as I can only get to Glasgow Saturday and Sunday night's due to work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, BuddieinEK said:

Hannah Aldridge for the second night running.
Glasgow last night, Stirling tonight.

Check her out... From Muscle Shoals Alabama she is one cool and sassy rock chick.

Did I just hear "Four whiskies into a pack of Lucky Strikes, I'll take my heartbreak with a little bit of ice"? Brilliant, sarcy lyric! Don't know if HA wrote the lyric (she co-wrote 'Burning Down Birmingham'), but she sings it wonderfully. Thanks, BuddieinEK, you may have given me my next best new favourite singer/songwriter. :D 

Did I just hear "Four whiskies into a pack of Lucky Strikes, I'll take my heartbreak with a little bit of ice"? Brilliant, sarcy lyric! Don't know if HA wrote the lyric (she co-wrote 'Burning Down Birmingham'), but she sings it wonderfully. Thanks, BuddieinEK, you may have given me my next best new favourite singer/songwriter. [emoji3] 
I recorded this at her Glasgow gig...