Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Did I just hear "Four whiskies into a pack of Lucky Strikes, I'll take my heartbreak with a little bit of ice"? Brilliant, sarcy lyric! Don't know if HA wrote the lyric (she co-wrote 'Burning Down Birmingham'), but she sings it wonderfully. Thanks, BuddieinEK, you may have given me my next best new favourite singer/songwriter. [emoji3] 
And this one, which is my personal favourite, at the gig in Stirling the following night...

Was at Belle and Sebastian on triple A on March 12 at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester 

I’ve  been privalaged to see most of their Manchester gigs since 1996 but enjoyed seeing them in this venue with its excellent acoustics ( home to the Halle orchestra)

saw Embrace at Manchester Ritz on Saturday- they were excellent- the smaller venue suited the intimacy of the gig - some good new stuff alongside some epic classics 

Next up Pele / Ian Prowse in Chester on Thursday night - full band playing Sport of  Kings and other Pele /Amsterdam classics

its in Alexander’s Chester a smaller venue so expecting a big sound in an intimate venue 

Edited by Liverpool Bud

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Kinks tribute band on in the bungalow bar Saturday night hmmmm! Maybe after some partying.  

We missed a James tribute last Sat due to the celebrations.

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That would have been great. I know you can't really plan anything. The bankhouse looked to be rocking what I seen on you tube so a port call there after the game will be a must. 

They was a permanent queue at the Bankhouse last Sat.......1 out,1 in.As you can imagine there weren't many leaving.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not had a night out in Paisley in years need to leave the stadium smartly. Where is good for carry out grub. 

Image Good old Love Street chippy.

Edited by stlucifer

Went to the Bungalow to see the Kinks tribute band they were good but volume was low for a live band no punch to the music. Is there volume restrictions in the Bungalow ?  Got in with my Saints top on. Said to the wife we will need to have a wee night in Paisley , she is up for it :D

Noel Gallagher brilliant as always. Shame he has a fair amount of cnuts for fans though. Paid £56 for a ticket and all some of these fannies want to do is get so drunk they cannot stand straight and bawl for old Oasis hits. Saw so many cnuts sporting parkas and Bradley Wiggins-esque haircuts, spilling / throwing pints and slabbering for ‘Wonderwall’. 

Anyway. Gallagher himself has matured and grown as a songwriter and artist. Same cannot be said for some of the pissheads from the old Oasis days who dress and try to look like Paul Weller / Liam Gallagher / Ian Brown.

Rant over, now’s gie’s Don’t Look Back in Anger you cannnntttt.