Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

On 4/23/2018 at 2:12 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Went to the Bungalow to see the Kinks tribute band they were good but volume was low for a live band no punch to the music. Is there volume restrictions in the Bungalow ?  Got in with my Saints top on. Said to the wife we will need to have a wee night in Paisley , she is up for it :D

it's normally too loud in the bung, especially the vocals... might have been the band's choice?

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Noel Gallagher brilliant as always. Shame he has a fair amount of cnuts for fans though. Paid £56 for a ticket and all some of these fannies want to do is get so drunk they cannot stand straight and bawl for old Oasis hits. Saw so many cnuts sporting parkas and Bradley Wiggins-esque haircuts, spilling / throwing pints and slabbering for ‘Wonderwall’. 

Anyway. Gallagher himself has matured and grown as a songwriter and artist. Same cannot be said for some of the pissheads from the old Oasis days who dress and try to look like Paul Weller / Liam Gallagher / Ian Brown.

Rant over, now’s gie’s Don’t Look Back in Anger you cannnntttt.

I'm surprised you would not know that the vast majority of fans would be like that Poz. I seen Oasis at the SSEC who walked off the stage after around three songs due to a bottle of water thrown on stage bounced and hit the drummers leg. I seen the bottle it was nearly empty. Never went to see them after that or bought any of their music since that gig. Swagger with a big mouth to decent rock you are going to get the stereo fan type following you. McGhee tried to create a Beatles type image with attitude he suceeded all the way to the bank. 

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm surprised you would not know that the vast majority of fans would be like that Poz. I seen Oasis at the SSEC who walked off the stage after around three songs due to a bottle of water thrown on stage bounced and hit the drummers leg. I seen the bottle it was nearly empty. Never went to see them after that or bought any of their music since that gig. Swagger with a big mouth to decent rock you are going to get the stereo fan type following you. McGhee tried to create a Beatles type image with attitude he suceeded all the way to the bank. 

The vast majority of fans weren’t like that though. An element were. Having seen Noel Gallagher three times, I knew that side of things .... I.E. Guys with Wiggins hairdos, button-down Fred Perry shirts, pissed as farts, sporting olive green parkas and acting like knobends. I don’t get why anyone wants to pay fifty quid to go to a gig and act like that. Certainly, the ones who smuggled in bottles of Buckfast and smashed them on the Hydro floor before lighting up fags and gesturing like monkeys towards some stewards should have a look at themselves in the mirror this morning.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, pozbaird said:

Noel Gallagher brilliant as always. Shame he has a fair amount of cnuts for fans though. Paid £56 for a ticket and all some of these fannies want to do is get so drunk they cannot stand straight and bawl for old Oasis hits. Saw so many cnuts sporting parkas and Bradley Wiggins-esque haircuts, spilling / throwing pints and slabbering for ‘Wonderwall’. 

Anyway. Gallagher himself has matured and grown as a songwriter and artist. Same cannot be said for some of the pissheads from the old Oasis days who dress and try to look like Paul Weller / Liam Gallagher / Ian Brown.

Rant over, now’s gie’s Don’t Look Back in Anger you cannnntttt.

Great post mate and just about sums it up. :happyclapper

And after all that beer throwing, off to see Hipsway in the Toon Hall this weekend.

Saw them in Ayr back in the 80's and seen them twice at ABC in Glasgow over the past year and they are fab. Graeme Skinner has a great voice and cant wait to hear if they will play any new songs as well as the old stuff.

Edited by oscar

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, oscar said:

And after all that beer throwing, off to see Hipsway in the Toon Hall this weekend.

Saw them in Ayr back in the 80's and seen them twice at ABC in Glasgow over the past year and they are fab. Graeme Skinner has a great voice and cant wait to hear if they will play any new songs as well as the old stuff.

I seen them supporting U2 at Murrayfield many moons ago.

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

Going to a recording of the Quay sessions tonight.  Aidan Moffat and RM Hubbert which should be good and the Magic Numbers which is unlikely to be good. 

Then next Thursday Aidan and Hubby at St Lukes, a new venue for me. 

Gutted I didn't get tickets for tonight.  Can't get to St Lukes either:(

Frightened Rabbit singer, Scott Hutchison, is currently missing, and there are serious concerns about his state of mind and welfare.

Great band who are tremendous live. I so hope he will be in contact with loved ones soon to confirm that he is safe.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, oscar said:

Boy was that good.... raised the roof!!!

And a new album out in the autumn... good news!!

(or should that be CD..... or maybe even "download".... who cares. New music coming from Hipsway - happy days :thumbs2)

On 09/05/2018 at 3:00 PM, Drew said:

Frightened Rabbit singer, Scott Hutchison, is currently missing, and there are serious concerns about his state of mind and welfare.

Great band who are tremendous live. I so hope he will be in contact with loved ones soon to confirm that he is safe.

Police found a body last night. No formal ID, but family have been informed.

Absolutely grim news. My thoughts are with his family.

Just back in hotel room in New York after seeing Bruce Springsteen on Broadway. All that needs said is that Mrs Poz and I will remember this for the rest of our lives. We were six rows from the front in a tiny 900 seater theatre. My answer to the question ‘what is the best concert you’ve ever been to’ is now a shut case. For ever. Still can’t believe that just happened. Cannot believe we got tickets in the ballot in the first place and so close to the stage. Was simply stunning from start to finish.

Edited by pozbaird