Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

34 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I watched TRNSMT on the BBC and was blown away by Gerry Cinnamon. I have usually at least heard of acts who appear at festivals, but I simply had no idea who this guy was. The entire crowd seemed to know the words to his song ‘Belter’, and I thought he was great. Read about him on the internet, downloaded his album, single, and EP by his previous band The Cinnamons, and have been playing it non-stop. Bloody brilliant, some hilarious and sharp lyrics, and great tunes. Can’t believe I’d never even heard of the guy.

I've seen him a couple of times and think he's brilliant.

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 8:50 AM, HSS said:

Driving to Manchester as soon as the Mrs is ready.

$_86.jpg

Another cracking gig from Shedders.

First time at Castlefield Bowl and I really liked it.It's a bit amphitheatre ish,really good sound and we got a brilliant viewing point dead near the front.Huge queues at the drink stalls but that wasn't too much of a problem.First gap in the queue,caused by people talking and not realising queue has moved,and we were right in there.Double rounds didn't seem such a good idea later when I was bursting for a pish tho.:lol: My only complaint would be lack of toilets.

We went back to the hotel after the gig so didn't see much of Manchester pub life.Had a good wander about the city centre on Sat before heading to Liverpool to finish the weekend off.

Now there's a City I like.Need to check who's playing there soon.

1 hour ago, southside saint said:

Ended up at Fiesta X Fold on Sunday at Kelvingrove Park. Goldfrapp were brilliant, my wife says Emeli Sande was great but she left me cold;  Chic do what they do and you couldn't help but enjoy it in the glorious sunshine.  Great day out.

My Sister was there Sat/Sun.She much preferred Sun and loved ES....must be a girl thing.

Sat they took a while to get the sound right and nobody could hear Sister Sledge.........maybe not a bad thing.

Ended up at Fiesta X Fold on Sunday at Kelvingrove Park. Goldfrapp were brilliant, my wife says Emeli Sande was great but she left me cold;  Chic do what they do and you couldn't help but enjoy it in the glorious sunshine.  Great day out.
I'd forgotten I'd bumped into you until yesterday.

I was pretty sceptical about who I'd enjoy but actually had a great time...was glad to have Monday off.

I was there on Friday night and whilst I like a beer there was a large proportion of piss heads present. I don’t mind people enjoying themselves and having a few beers before the show but in and out of rows of seat to get to the bars and toilets was a pain in the arse. The bloke along from us ended up so pie eyed he was practically falling asleep ......£107 a ticket seems an expensive show to miss. They should close the bars when the shows start, but won’t due to the mark up and profit they make. Fantastic show and much better than I thought it would be.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Stegman said:

I was there on Friday night and whilst I like a beer there was a large proportion of piss heads present. I don’t mind people enjoying themselves and having a few beers before the show but in and out of rows of seat to get to the bars and toilets was a pain in the arse. The bloke along from us ended up so pie eyed he was practically falling asleep ......£107 a ticket seems an expensive show to miss. They should close the bars when the shows start, but won’t due to the mark up and profit they make. Fantastic show and much better than I thought it would be.

The necking of booze is the hallmark of a Glasgow crowd, beginning to lose count of the amount of gigs that are borderline ruined by pissheads.  Any outdoors gigs, you just have to accept it.

I was at Queen last night and they were great, with an awesome stage set and lightshow,  Texas were a revelation for me too,  but the crowd!   A woman was there with what I suspect was her sister and a daughter of around 14-15.  they were buying beer and supplementing it with shots from the little plastic bottles you get for taking toiletries on a plane.  Just think about that, they may well have went shopping especially to buy products for smuggling booze! The wee girl was as ick as a dog after half an hour and ended up on the grass.  There were also clusters of women getting pissed and causing trouble so that their other-halves could jump in and act tough.  I saw one young guy take to his heels after a loud-mouthed boot threw a water bottle at him whilst shouting at the men to get after him.

I usually go VIP or gold circle at open air events to avoid the rabble, but apparently they were in there too.

In general, I'd say Glasgow Green is a poor location for a big gig-too flat for many to get a good view.

• 3 weeks later...

King Tuts Summer Nights Festival still has a couple of nights to run, but that's it for me!

Finishing on a high with not just the best gig of the series, but with a gig by the best band I've seen play the hallowed Tuts stage!

The Little Kicks are destined fot HUGE things. The Killers played that same stage 14 years ago. In all honesty, I'd rather watch the genius power pop rock perfection of The Little Kicks any day of the week.

Before the Little Kicks, First Tiger kicked off procedings with some quality bass driven rock.

Zoe Graham was next; add her to your "one to watch" list.

Great band, good tunes, powerful vocals and very clever lyrics. She makes it look effortless but that is because she is a genuine talent.
Zoe has got better every time I've heard her, and based on her new material, many more people will be hearing of her soon.
Last up before tonights headliners were The Vignettes.

I saw them in January when Fuaves topped the bill and stole the show, and again tonight they were upstaged by a unique headline act.

That said, the young Adam Ant soundalikes have a dedicated following and I can see why they are popular.

The main act... 30 minutes have never passed so quickly. Ever.

The Little Kicks have it all.

Synth driven, guitar jangling drumbeat powered, harmonies laden perfect power pop rock!

CHECK. THEM. OUT.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Stegman said:

Yup likewise with Roger Waters last month - two guys in the row in front turned up 4 songs late pissed, missed the first song after the interval and with toilet breaks must’ve missed a third of the show each which IIRC was £109/ticket! 

Great gig (in the sky)!

Next gig booked is James at Wembley Arena in December. Hopefully, a few more gigs will come up between now and then.
I got tickets for their Hydro gig with the Charlatans in December can't wait.

Was at the fratellis last week at the bandstand. Great wee friday night gig.

Got the Runrig last dance tomorrow for sentimental reasons (they are a band my Mum and Dad loved when we were kid).

Then going to Kings of Leon on Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, faraway saint said:

September in Dundee...................great value, £22.50 for "silver" area closer to the stage on Itison deal..................

Digital-Announcement-Artwork1200.jpg

Today's the day, heading into Dundee soon on the choo choo, spot of lunch, afternoon drinks then head to the concert.

Please rain, stay away.