Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did I say it was not a wooosh

It was Steve Rogers who was playing not Paul Rogers of Free and Bad company so maybe you have been woooshed.

You truly are the gift that keeps giving. Please never stop posting on this forum.  :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

On 10/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Monday night at the hydro me and the daughter can't wait 

My daughter said it's the best gig she has ever been to, special it was. A few drinks then on to Indian Quay  great meal. After that on to Radisson Red hotel for a couple drinks in the roof top bar before the concert.  What a night happy memories with my princess.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I've been a Steely Dan fan for years and years and I see they are re-appearing in Glasgow in February. It won't be the same without Walter Becker - he added the edge to their lyrics. He has a great track called "Book of Liars" off one of his solo albums - I've met one or two burds in my life that song applies to! <_<

Ticket prices £57 to £108..................... so if you and the missus goes, you take a taxi or public transport and want to have a meal / few bevvies, you have 'invested' probably near enough £300. 

That's some night out in my thought processes, and one large hole in my wallet!

Edited by The Original 59er

3 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

I've been a Steely Dan fan for years and years and I see they are re-appearing in Glasgow in February.

Ticket prices £57 to £108..................... so if you and the missus goes, you take a taxi or public transport and want to have a meal / few bevvies, you have 'invested' probably near enough £300. 

That's some night out in my thought processes, and one large hole in my wallet!

Sell a couple of your gold teeth...……….:whistle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, faraway saint said:

Not a concert as such but going through to Edinburgh next month and will drop in to the National Museum of Scotland to see Rip It Up, Story of Scottish Pop.

https://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-scotland/whats-on/rip-it-up/

riu_landscapeangled_lowres.jpg?crop=0,0.11516326206604574,0,0.32916357959356468&cropmode=percentage&width=1920&height=800&rnd=131713752420000000

That's where I'm heading just now.

Pele at The Admiral the other Saturday were superb. James Grant in Edinburgh last night with a string section was a great night as always.
This week is Gary Numan with an orchestra at the Concert Hall then Michael Cassidy at SWG3.
Saw James Grant in the Harbour Art Centre in Irvine last Saturday.

Sublime.

Stunning performance.
Stunning venue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big Country and The Skids at The Barrowlands last night.

My two favourite bands of all time.

Big Country were as good as they can be without Stuart Adamson, and The Skids were superb. Another master class fro Richard Jobson.

Warm cans of Tennents at £3 and jumping about like a complete fanny for a couple of hours.

Fucking Magic!

Nice tribute to Pete Shelley with a short rendition of "What do I get".

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Big Country and The Skids at The Barrowlands last night.

My two favourite bands of all time.

Big Country were as good as they can be without Stuart Adamson, and The Skids were superb. Another master class fro Richard Jobson.

Warm cans of Tennents at £3 and jumping about like a complete fanny for a couple of hours.

Fucking Magic!

Nice tribute to Pete Shelley with a short rendition of "What do I get".

Big Country are headlining one of the three nights at Bute fest next July .