Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

On 3/12/2024 at 8:20 PM, faraway saint said:

Anybody seen Gun in concert?

I've an opportunity to see them in Montrose next month, barely remember their stuff form the early 90's?

Unfortunately can't attend this concert now as we've booked a wee holiday in the sun.

Pity, a free gig would have been nice and only 20 minutes away.

However tonight I'm hoping for a cracking night as Marti Pellow gives us some great songs backed by a full orchestra. :thumbs2

Marti Pellow presents Popped in Souled Out the number one selling Wet Wet Wet album. Live with Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. Friday 24th March 2023. The London Palladium.

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Unfortunately can't attend this concert now as we've booked a wee holiday in the sun.

Pity, a free gig would have been nice and only 20 minutes away.

However tonight I'm hoping for a cracking night as Marti Pellow gives us some great songs backed by a full orchestra. :thumbs2

Marti Pellow presents Popped in Souled Out the number one selling Wet Wet Wet album. Live with Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. Friday 24th March 2023. The London Palladium.

Short review.......very disappointing. 😴

Was in Manchester this week to see Pixies, the played Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde back to back. 
Felt them playing an album took away from the usual energy and flow of the gig, along with the recent change of base player meant that while it was still good it wasn’t as good as previous times I’ve seen them. 

The venue was the Albert Hall in Manchester a first time there for me, good intimate venue with stunning architecture and good sound, downside the toilets are in the basement and the venue is on the second floor. 

IMG_3890.jpeg

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

Tickets now bought for Nick Cave at the hydro in November, second half of the year shaping up nicely with Elvis Costello, Pixies (again) and Arab Strap also booked. 

I felt the acoustics/sound at the Hydro wasn't the best, what's your thoughts? 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I felt the acoustics/sound at the Hydro wasn't the best, what's your thoughts? 

I agree, in terms of gigs I’ve only seen, Chuches, Placebo and the Martyn Bennett Grit Orchestra there and felt that the sound bounced about a bit so there was almost an echo effect. 

In general I will avoid gigs at the hydro but Elvis Costello was a gift and love the intensity of a Nick Cave gig but the English dates didn’t work for me. 

23 hours ago, DumboBud said:

I agree, in terms of gigs I’ve only seen, Chuches, Placebo and the Martyn Bennett Grit Orchestra there and felt that the sound bounced about a bit so there was almost an echo effect. 

In general I will avoid gigs at the hydro but Elvis Costello was a gift and love the intensity of a Nick Cave gig but the English dates didn’t work for me. 

That was exactly what I said to Mrs Faraway at the Marti Pellow gig.

Both he and his support act were overly echoey at times. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

That was exactly what I said to Mrs Faraway at the Marti Pellow gig.

Both he and his support act were overly echoey at times. 

Hearing one Marti Pellow would be bad enough without hearing it again and again……. And again.