Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Checked turns out it was Espers at Bert Janch and Esperanto at King Creosote.

Yeah. Esperanza are a Ska band Bud.

The Bungalow gig on 6th Nov. now sold out on Tickets Scotland. Tiks now only available at the Bar... if you're lucky!

Edited by Vambo57

Yeah. Esperanza are a Ska band Bud.

The Bungalow gig on 6th Nov. now sold out on Tickets Scotland. Tiks now only available at the Bar... if you're lucky!

Were they playing the clutha? My mates boy is in a band that was supposed to be playing when the helicopter came down. Says they're a mod band.

Just bought tickets for Wolf Alice at the Barrowlands next year. Spoke about this band on here a good while ago - I saw them at King Tuts when they only had an EP out, then recently saw them at the O2 ABC. Now Barrowlands, next stop the Hydro. Guarantee they're heading that direction. Their debut album has been Mercury Prize nominated, they're on 'Later' tonight... When I first stumbled across them I knew they were heading to the big time. Great modern rock band. IMHO he added.

They remind me of someone but I can't for the life of me think who.

ETA: And it's not Elastica.

ETFA: And it's DEFINITELY not Sleeper.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Just back from U2 at the Hydro. Stunning, just stunning. Been going to gigs since 1974 and tonight was without doubt one of the three best gigs I've been to in my life. Just wonderful. What a show.

nice one... how much were your tickets?

I saw Tom Baxter at the Glad Café on Wednesday for £13 and had a great time... ... lo and behold I won 2 tickets to see him tonight at the South Beach Sessions in Troon... fourth time seeing him and it was quite magical... with a free plate of South Beach Stovies at the interval!!! Get it round ye!!! Free stovies!!! Top that!!!

Just back from U2 at the Hydro. Stunning, just stunning. Been going to gigs since 1974 and tonight was without doubt one of the three best gigs I've been to in my life. Just wonderful. What a show.

I saw Tom Baxter at the Glad Café on Wednesday for £13 and had a great time... ... lo and behold I won 2 tickets to see him tonight at the South Beach Sessions in Troon... fourth time seeing him and it was quite magical... with a free plate of South Beach Stovies at the interval!!! Get it round ye!!! Free stovies!!! Top that!!!

Two!

Two of them.

Went to a venue, different venues, paid their entrance fee then come on here complaining that they're happy! I've never heard such monstrous bollocks!

Where's a mod when you need one?

Get them banned. :angry:

Two!

Two of them.

Went to a venue, different venues, paid their entrance fee then come on here complaining that they're happy! I've never heard such monstrous bollocks!

Where's a mod when you need one?

Get them banned. mad.gif

If they get a band of their own they won't need to go to gigs. Gig is a dopey word.

£62. We were in the standing area. They had the main stage and a satellite stage linked by a walkway. The walkway had a double-sided full length LED light 'tunnel' which was the length of a football pitch by the look of it. The graphics and sound were the best I've even been at. The sound was loud, crystal clear, Edge's guitar was in yer' face. The band were on fire. Vertigo, Elevation, One, Pride, Streets...., With or Without You, Beautiful Day...

The new songs were worked into the set like theatre, with the song 'Cedarwood Road' seeing the houses of that street projected into the 'tunnel' with Bono inside the tunnel. Looked like he was actually walking down the road as he walked from the main stage through the tunnel thingumyjig... The band played inside the tunnel for 'Sunday Bloody Sunday', standing completely still with Larry just playing a snare drum. The transluscent nature of this LED tunnel meant the band were visible when in it and could be worked into the graphics being shown on the outside. It was raised above the stage at times and acted as traditional 'big concert screens'. The lighting was incredible. At the encores, huge strip lights magically appeared from everywhere - and were raised and lowered into patterns right across the arena to create another completely different staging look.

At the start of the gig, songs from the first album 'Boy' were thundered through with the band all on the main stage under a single big light bulb suspended above them, like they were kids again rehearsing these songs for the first time in someone's bedroom. Then the full lighting system and screens burst in for 'Vertigo'....

Hairs on yer' neck.... Just the best. Anyone going tonight is in for a treat.

£62. We were in the standing area. They had the main stage and a satellite stage linked by a walkway. The walkway had a double-sided full length LED light 'tunnel' which was the length of a football pitch by the look of it. The graphics and sound were the best I've even been at. The sound was loud, crystal clear, Edge's guitar was in yer' face. The band were on fire. Vertigo, Elevation, One, Pride, Streets...., With or Without You, Beautiful Day...

The new songs were worked into the set like theatre, with the song 'Cedarwood Road' seeing the houses of that street projected into the 'tunnel' with Bono inside the tunnel. Looked like he was actually walking down the road as he walked from the main stage through the tunnel thingumyjig... The band played inside the tunnel for 'Sunday Bloody Sunday', standing completely still with Larry just playing a snare drum. The transluscent nature of this LED tunnel meant the band were visible when in it and could be worked into the graphics being shown on the outside. It was raised above the stage at times and acted as traditional 'big concert screens'. The lighting was incredible. At the encores, huge strip lights magically appeared from everywhere - and were raised and lowered into patterns right across the arena to create another completely different staging look.

At the start of the gig, songs from the first album 'Boy' were thundered through with the band all on the main stage under a single big light bulb suspended above them, like they were kids again rehearsing these songs for the first time in someone's bedroom. Then the full lighting system and screens burst in for 'Vertigo'....

Hairs on yer' neck.... Just the best. Anyone going tonight is in for a treat.

But nae free stovies?

:P

Sounds pretty awesome otherwise... if a tad on the pricey side.

But nae free stovies?

:P

Sounds pretty awesome otherwise... if a tad on the pricey side.

Nah, stovies were off... Worth every last penny. Will remember that gig 'til my dying day. Like the 1987 cup final, 4-1 Dundee United in Adidas sambas, and the day Mark Spalding threw a beautifully angled Highland Spring to Jason Naismith, who caught it without even having to bend down.

Artistry.

As poz says, U2 were tremendous last night. Elevation was the highlight for me - funny how when a band gets a lassie up on stage to dance with them it's always some stunner and not someone that looks like Susan Boyle or Michelle McManus.

The fact Bono wasn't too heavy on his Save The World nonsense also helped.

http://www.u2gigs.com/show1898.html

I'm off to see them again tonight. Makes me feel rather old to read about the Tiffany's gig that I attended all those years ago. Don't think I've missed a tour. Elevation tour for me was special as I made it into the Heart and when they returned to form with some old classics.

Hoping they play Bad tonight.

I feel older. I was at the Strathclyde University gig in 1981 the article mentioned!

Have a blast tonight. Wish I was going again.

I would take issue with one part of that Herald review - the 'slogans being like a car commercial' - that was a short pre-recorded intermission that allowed the crew to set up the drums and stuff inside the LED tunnel.