Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

We went to see Newton Faulkner last weekend at the ABC. We've had a CD kicking about for years and I'd listened to his new album once or twice but had no great expectations (was a Christmas gift from our youngest).

Have to say, what a great night. He was superb live, and mixed his set up very well with acoustic stuff (he is an extraordinarily good guitarist) and a small band.

I would highly recommend checking NF out - quite a revelation.

Hey guys, my bands new single launch is in Broadcast (suchiehal street) on 30th April, Saturday night shot.

2 support bands. Three bands on in total. £6 a ticket.

We are touring just now and also playing with another Paisley band from the 80's called "Close Lobsters" in May down in the 100 Club in Soho, London.

Hope to maybe see a few buddies at the single launch.

Hey guys, my bands new single launch is in Broadcast (suchiehal street) on 30th April, Saturday night shot.

2 support bands. Three bands on in total. £6 a ticket.

We are touring just now and also playing with another Paisley band from the 80's called "Close Lobsters" in May down in the 100 Club in Soho, London.

Hope to maybe see a few buddies at the single launch.

What date in May?

I'm in London visiting my Sister and she would love to come along.....Wee Bob from The Lobsters is a good friend of mine.

ELO, best gig I'll attend this year by a mile.

Never went out my way to play any of their stuff, only knew a handful of their songs and only went so my dad had someone to go with.

Great night, great live performance and what a production.

Brilliant :D

Edited by davidg

Never went out my way to play any of their stuff, only knew a handful of their songs and only went so my dad had someone to go with.

Brilliant :D

I have almost all their records.

I saw them live when it was unfashionable.

I saw ELO2 when they couldn't give tickets away.

I resent those ticket prices to watch them on a wee screen in the distance when I can put on one of my live dvds.

Don't doubt for a second it was great though... They know how to put on a memorable show.

Brilliant biggrin.png

Brilliant biggrin.png

I saw them in June 76 in the Apollo, they were stunning then and, if anything, better now.

No buggering about or banter between the songs meant that it seemed to fly by faster than other gigs, but what a performance and show

pity about the Hydro's insistence that people stay in their chairs-how can you sit down to that show?

Last four songs

Don't bring me down

Sweet talking Woman

mr Blue sky

roll over beethoven (over 7 minutes of it)

What an outro

Edited by beyond our ken

Got 2 tickets spare tickets for Muse on Monday night at face value if anyone on here is interested.

£85 (£75 + £10 booking fee) each in block 209 Row D, great seats right in centre of front rows of raised level.

Tickets get you into club lounge as well which normal tickets in same price band don't.

No queue to get in, access 30 mins before the doors open and 1 hour after. PM if interested.

Edited by davidg

Got 2 tickets spare tickets for Muse on Monday night at face value if anyone on here is interested.

£85 each in block 209 Row D, great seats right in centre of front rows of raised level.

Tickets get you into club lounge as well which normal tickets in same price band don't.

No queue to get in, access 30 mins before the doors open and 1 hour after. PM if interested.

IOBS is a big Muse fan.

£85 each in block 209 Row D, great seats right in centre of front rows of raised level.

Are you a Tout?