Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Got 2 tickets spare tickets for Muse on Monday night at face value if anyone on here is interested.

£85 (£75 + £10 booking fee) each in block 209 Row D, great seats right in centre of front rows of raised level.

Tickets get you into club lounge as well which normal tickets in same price band don't.

No queue to get in, access 30 mins before the doors open and 1 hour after. PM if interested.

There was a time I traveled the country to watch them live. The last few albums just don't do it for me anymore however they do put on one he'll of a show live right up there with the very best.

There was a time I traveled the country to watch them live. The last few albums just don't do it for me anymore however they do put on one he'll of a show live right up there with the very best.

Maybe so... But £170 for 2 tickets for one gig in a great big soulless building?

The world has gone mad.

Tonight is my 4th gig in 2 weeks.

Total cost of 8 tickets... All front row seats... £73.

Covered Rock... Folk... Americana and Classical.

Maybe so... But £170 for 2 tickets for one gig in a great big soulless building?

The world has gone mad.

Nerina Pallot at Oran Mor was £21. Elvis Costello upcoming at Barrowlands is £45. Which, if any, is a 'fair price'? I thought the Muse tickets being offered were really good centrally placed ones with club access and early entry / late leaving?

Is it too dear, or about right for those tickets for a band who are known to put on a spectacular show?

There's a place for the cheap shite you go to see though Brian. (I'm in trouble!)

Is it like music "hospitality",a meal and free bevy?

Wouldn't think so. Sounded to me like the kind of ticket I got at Newcastle United where you had good seats for the game and access to a comfy lounge pre and post game, but the food and drink was pay as you go.

Wouldn't think so. Sounded to me like the kind of ticket I got at Newcastle United where you had good seats for the game and access to a comfy lounge pre and post game, but the food and drink was pay as you go.

That's it exactly mate except you would pay extra to access lounge at Newcastle.

There's nothing added to the price for these lounge tickets, you would pay the same price through Ticketmaster for seat only.

I know the guys on here like to attend decent gigs so thought I'd offer them in here. I'd rather a fellow bud, if they wanted took advantage of the lounge facilities and early access.

I don't profit from this. I bought too many tickets.

If no buddie wants them that's cool, I'll get rid of them within a couple of hours on Gumtree.

Edited by davidg

Have never seen them live mate, don't know many of their songs either but have heard they are great live.

Giving gigs a miss for a while, probably go see James and OCS and that's about it for the year.

Almost forgot about The Boss at Hampden, which I wouldn't have bothered with. Seen him twice before and wasn't fussed about paying £115 or whatever it was which is ridiculous but my old man wants to go.

Have never seen them live mate, don't know many of their songs either but have heard they are great live.

Giving gigs a miss for a while, probably go see James and OCS and that's about it for the year.

Almost forgot about The Boss at Hampden, which I wouldn't have bothered with. Seen him twice before and wasn't fussed about paying £115 or whatever it was which is ridiculous but my old man wants to go.

Me and the missus' are going to see Springsteen too. He's 66 years old now? The E Street Band are (mostly) no spring chickens either. Who knows if he will be able to put on big world tours and play for three-and-a-half hours for much longer.

This year has seen Rush retire from touring. Status Quo are chucking electric tours.

Everyone is getting older and the years are taking their toll. The Springsteen tickets are indeed helluva' expensive - but it will be amazing as always. I want to see him for as long as possible.

Me and the missus' are going to see Springsteen too. He's 66 years old now? The E Street Band are (mostly) no spring chickens either. Who knows if he will be able to put on big world tours and play for three-and-a-half hours for much longer.

This year has seen Rush retire from touring. Status Quo are chucking electric tours.

Everyone is getting older and the years are taking their toll. The Springsteen tickets are indeed helluva' expensive - but it will be amazing as always. I want to see him for as long as possible.

True mate.

He's incredibly fit though, I reckon he's got a few tours left in him.

The wrecking ball tour was incredible, 18 months on the road.

I can't see him chucking it any time soon.

Nerina Pallot at Oran Mor was £21. Elvis Costello upcoming at Barrowlands is £45. Which, if any, is a 'fair price'? I thought the Muse tickets being offered were really good centrally placed ones with club access and early entry / late leaving?

Is it too dear, or about right for those tickets for a band who are known to put on a spectacular show?

There's a place for the cheap shite you go to see though Brian. (I'm in trouble!)

I also object to the "more famous I am the more I can charge for a ticket" attitude!

Tickets then reach a price where only true fans will pay up... Resulting in the very people who made the artist successful in the first place being the ones getting ripped off.

That Nerina burd is getting a bit above herself at over £20 if you want my opinion... Which obviously you don't.

As for Declan... Well... The guy is a legend! Pricey but fair compared to others.

;)

Saw Neil Young last time around (2013?) with Crazy Horse and kind of wished it had been him on his own cos he'd never be back and I'd never see that side of his repertoire live. I was wrong, and happily so, this time round it's the "other" Neil Young. He's been doing half a dozen or so acoustic songs on his own before being joined by the band and doing the new album and other "non-Horse" stuff. Can't wait.

The world has gone mad.

I'd have bought the Muse tickets if i didn't have them already. Fair price for the best seats in the house IMO.. and a comfy lounge!

ETA

CANNAE WAIT!!!

Edited by Vambo57

I'd have bought the Muse tickets if i didn't have them already. Fair price for the best seats in the house IMO.. and a comfy lounge!

ETA

CANNAE WAIT!!!

Not having a dig at you or anyone who loves an artist enough to pay that price.

"Fair price" and "what the artist/venue can get away with" are very subjective.

I love live music... Eight gigs this month alone.

I'd have loved to see ELO... I was in their fan club as a teenager and have all their records.

I went to see them as ELO2 in the days when they couldn't give away tickets to shows.

I just refused to jump on the reminiscence bandwaggon and be taken advantage of with those prices... It's not as if Jeff Lynne is short of a bob or two.

Point in case... I wanted to see Lady Antebellum at the Hydro... £120 for 2 tickets in the stratosphere where I could see them on a distant screen.

On Wednesday I saw Ashton Lane at the Hug and Pint.

£20 for 2 tickets where I sat 3 feet from the artists... Including Graeme Duffin of Wet Wet Wet.

He had just played with the Wets at a packed Hydro... and here he was sitting directly in front of me where I could watch every chord change at close quarters!

post-6025-14607225079638_thumb.jpg

ETA

CANNAE WAIT!!!

If anyone wants them for £100 for the pair they can have them.

Bargain !

ETA - Just put them on Gumtree at the same price but would much prefer a bud getting a bargain.

Edited by davidg

If anyone wants them for £100 for the pair they can have them.

Bargain !

In fairness, i payed that for seats in the 3rd row of the Usher Hall at the recent Ludivico Einaudi gig... So a lot more reasonable.

I have only paid 3 figures for 2 tickets twice... Einaudi and War of the Worlds.

Saw Neil Young last time around (2013?) with Crazy Horse and kind of wished it had been him on his own cos he'd never be back and I'd never see that side of his repertoire live. I was wrong, and happily so, this time round it's the "other" Neil Young. He's been doing half a dozen or so acoustic songs on his own before being joined by the band and doing the new album and other "non-Horse" stuff. Can't wait.

I'm going too.

I've never seen him play, and baulked a bit at the cost, but, as Poz says, all these guys are getting on a bit, and this was my main motivation for finally opting to see NY. It might be my last opportunity.

FFS, as Aidan Moffat says, everything is getting older.

Bronwynne Brent Trio

Kilbarchan Performing Arts Centre tomorrow night (Sunday 17th)

8 Steeple Square

Only a few tickets left

£12.50p

A fantastic female singer songwriter

Recommended by Bob Harris

Just listen to the track on Whispering's Bob's page

http://www.bobharris.org/pages/artistpage.asp?searchterm=Bronwynne%20Brent

https://youtu.be/zfwIF9QWKq0

Edited by E=Mc2

Charcoal grey?

Looks black to me.

Saw Bill Wells and Aidan Moffat at the Oran Mor all dayer last year, they were fabulous only trumped by seeing Moffat's Where You're Meant to be, wonderful gig at The Caves and even better at Barrowlands, the film is also terrific. Highly recommend it.