Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Guest TPAFKATS
I work up near the pavilion in Glasgow and the rise of the tribute is amazing gigs coming up include Patsy Cline, Freddie Mercury, spice Girls, and t rex, it used to be if your favourites stopped touring that was the end now it's an opportunity

I don't go to see many tribute bands, Hell's Bells were very good though. Only a tenner was also good value

• 2 weeks later...

Clive Gregson at the Kilbarchan Performing Arts Centre tonight.

£12.50p a ticket.

Small intimate venue that holds around 80.

Clive is performing at the Edinburgh Fringe and fitting in this gig.

Worth checking for a ticket    "Doors: 7.30pm – music 8pm. Tickets (£12.50) from 01505 706346"  8 Steeple Square , Kilbarchan, PA10 2JD

https://www.brookfield-knights.com/brookfield-nights-events.html

Website says......................................

"It is a great pleasure to welcome Clive Gregson back to Kilbarchan following his last sold-out show here where he was left feeling that we all understood we had spent a night in the company of one of the true masters.
Rolling Stone called Clive "the state of the art in British folk-rock," Mary Chapin Carpenter named him as one of her favorite songwriters and Guitar Player magazine has him listed as one of the "Great Guitarists."
Clive's songs have been recorded by many top names including Nanci Griffith, Kim Carnes and Fairport Convention.
Of course, some of you may remember him as the main driving force behind the great late-70s band, Any Trouble.

"One of Britain's most cultured singer-songwriters" - The Times

"Adult pop from one of the most emotionally literate songwriters around" - The Guardian

"A superb song-writer and fine guitarist, keyboard player and producer" - The Telegraph

"Gregson is as fine a singer-songwriter as anyone has a right to
expect...he does the lot"
 - The Independent

Doors: 7.30pm – music 8pm. Tickets (£12.50) from 01505 706346"

2 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

The Smyths gig last night was brilliant , they had the packed crowd bouncing .They said they are coming back to the Bungalow soon and I would recommend them to any old Smiths fans out there .

Yeah, couldn't agree more. |I'm not a huge fan of tribute acts but The Smyths were  tremendous  and would endorse your recommendation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds at the Hydro last night.

It shouldn't really have worked. I was sceptical about Nick playing a big barn like the Hydro, particularly given the tone of Skeleton Tree, their last album.

I needn't have worried. What an outstanding gig. Undoubtedly one of the best I can remember.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds at the Hydro last night.

It shouldn't really have worked. I was sceptical about Nick playing a big barn like the Hydro, particularly given the tone of Skeleton Tree, their last album.

I needn't have worried. What an outstanding gig. Undoubtedly one of the best I can remember.

Yes indeedy Drew. One of the best gigs I have ever been to. Absolutely brilliant.

Some of you aficionados of indie music may  be interested in seeing a mate of mine play in Ivory Blacks next Thu.  Joe writes all his own stuff and does not do cover versions of anything. He has written so much he has lost count. A reviewer once described him as the bastard son of Alex Harvey and Nick Cave so maybe that gives you an idea of what you may be in for.  Or maybe not :)

Joe.jpg

The Breeders at the ABC last night. They were absolutely superb. Although appreciative, the crowd were a wee bit tame. Maybe I'm forgetting that it's about 25 years on and the audience aren't as young as we used to be.
The support band (Pins) were really good too. Finished off at Howling Wolf for a couple of night caps. Great night.