BuddieinEK

Music Gigs

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I see the loathsome Pete Townshend is dragging some version of the who out on stage again this summer.

Maybe, once he's counted the money and got this out of his system, he can concentrate on finishing his book. He has kept us waiting a long time for it.

Look forward to the book so thanks for the heads up. 

Complete Madness were great tonight in the Old Swan, place was packed and they also played a few tunes by  The Specials, The Beat and Bad Manners. Done a fantastic cover of Geno, if they come back I would recommend them, a great night listening to some classics. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Look forward to the book so thanks for the heads up. 

Paul Carrack was superb at the Alhambra in Dunfermline on Saturday.  Truly one of the finest voices and he had a cracking band (except for his son on drums-but we can forgive him fo that)

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Paul Carrack was superb at the Alhambra in Dunfermline on Saturday.  Truly one of the finest voices and he had a cracking band (except for his son on drums-but we can forgive him fo that)

He was more than decent last night at the Royal Concert Hall too, a great evening.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, HSS said:

Just announced.................

Shed Seven.......O2.......Nov 29th.

:clapping:)

Got tickets this morning plus tickets for Leeds in Dec.You cant beat an away game.:clapping

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes were superb at St Luke’s last night. The voice is still a wonderful thing, even if it’s getting a bit gravelly now. Impossible not to bounce along, particularly when the brass section stepped up. Teensy bit disappointed ‘Hearts Of Stone’ wasn’t in the set. Looking around, it was clear anyone in the hall under 50 was venue staff

Elderslie band King of Birds supported Paisley singer Jill Jackson in Howwood last week.

One of the best gigs I've been to (and I went to 120 last year alone).

Check out King of Birds if you get the chance... They owned the crowd from the first song!

Their debut album Eve of Destruction is getting rave reviews from the likes of Billy Sloan and Ricky Ross!

It's also my album of the year so far!

Old farts like me might remember King of Birds members Charlie and Stirling Gorman as key members in the 90s band Murmer!

I reckon they are the best thing to come out of Elderslie since William Wallace!

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Elderslie band King of Birds supported Paisley singer Jill Jackson in Howwood last week.

One of the best gigs I've been to (and I went to 120 last year alone).

Check out King of Birds if you get the chance... They owned the crowd from the first song!

Their debut album Eve of Destruction is getting rave reviews from the likes of Billy Sloan and Ricky Ross!

It's also my album of the year so far!

Old farts like me might remember King of Birds members Charlie and Stirling Gorman as key members in the 90s band Murmer!

I reckon they are the best thing to come out of Elderslie since William Wallace!

For anyone interested you can hear some tracks here:

https://soundcloud.com/kingofbirds-hq

That was f**king gallus ! If St Mirren put in half the effort as the Specials did tonight,  we are staying up.  Enjoy your self,  its later than you think,  enjoy yourself,  while your still in the pink . The years go by .............

Enjoy yourself,  enjoy yourself,  its later than you think.  

8 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

The Smyths at the garage this Saturday , seen them a couple of times and always a great show.

There are a couple bands at Troon for the May Day, Friday Street event ,  South Beach hotel from about 3pm  Saturday and then starting in the Troon Concert Hall from about 7.30 -12:30. .

After the trip to Poundland you could easily make it for the evening gig. .