Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

25 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Has anyone attended a Peat & Deisel gig? Heard their music on a Scottish made film about football a year or more ago. Punk Folk might describe their music. The band is from the Hebrides. 

I’ve seen them a few times at the Loopallu Festival 

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Has anyone attended a Peat & Deisel gig? Heard their music on a Scottish made film about football a year or more ago. Punk Folk might describe their music. The band is from the Hebrides. 

I've seen them a few times, they're really good live

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, beyond our ken said:

I see the Davey Pattison Blues Band have announced upcoming gigs at the Cathouse, Bungalow and Belladrum in the next couple of months.  A cracking night out.

DP was the support at theCathouse and was on great form for what was a poor crowd, the headliner was Chantel McGregor who was pretty good.  She was badly let down by a lead-footed rythmn section though and they sounded like two different acts competing on the same stage

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Jill Jackson and Boo Hewerdine at The Polish Club in Kirkcaldy last night.

Brilliant gig by two masters of their craft. 

Jill Jackson is outstanding in my opinion.....good singer/songwriter who does occasional good cover versions with some really good on-stage chat.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Seeing her, again, tomorrow night at Earlsferry.

Starting to feel like a stalker. 👍

I last saw her at Tiree Music Festival last year so she unfortunately won't be there this year as it's generally only Tiree bands that play every year, non-Tiree bands every two years.......the festival is a good mixture of Trad, Folk and Mainstream(ish) bands and solo performers. Being headlined this year by Wet,Wet, Wet no less!!

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I last saw her at Tiree Music Festival last year so she unfortunately won't be there this year as it's generally only Tiree bands that play every year, non-Tiree bands every two years.......the festival is a good mixture of Trad, Folk and Mainstream(ish) bands and solo performers. Being headlined this year by Wet,Wet, Wet no less!!

Oh, Wet Wet Wet, the "new" lead singer has a decent "voice". (See what I did there?)

Seen Wet Wet Wet up in Aberdeen back in the mid 90's, they, and Pellow, were excellent live. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, Wet Wet Wet, the "new" lead singer has a decent "voice". (See what I did there?)

Seen Wet Wet Wet up in Aberdeen back in the mid 90's, they, and Pellow, were excellent live. 

Very clever 😎.....I saw them a couple of times when Pellow was fronting them, not particularly my kind of music but they always put on a decent show so quite looking forward to seeing them next month.

Decided to break up our journey back from Torquay with an overnight stop in the Lake District to see Jill Jackson and Boo Hewerdine perform on the last night of their mini tour. 

Crowd not quite as good as the Kirkcaldy one, but both artists were in fine form indeed. 

IMG_20230630_212732.jpg

Edited by BuddieinEK
Typo

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Decided to break up our journey back from Torquay with an overnight stop in the Lake District to see Jill Jackson and Boo Hewerdine perform on the last night of their mini tour. 

Crowd not quite as good as the Kirkcaldy one, but both artists were in fine form indeed. 

They probably heard about your annoying habit of singing along, loudly. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 9:40 AM, HSS said:

Heading to Leeds right now to see Shed Seven play the Millennium Square tonight

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🚙 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Another quality night with Shed Seven playing in a magnificent setting Support act Cast were also very good altho due to a mix up in times we missed half of their set

Leeds is an excellent City which I look forward to visiting again 

IMG_2929.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg

7 hours ago, HSS said:

Off to Slessor Gardens Dundee tomorrow to see James supported by Razorlight 

Weather looks to be ok for an outdoor gig Staying in Broughty Ferry as Dundee is a shitehole 

Aye, the weather is looking more than decent, especially with the recent heavy rain we've had.

Jealous you seeing Razorlight, superb band.

Where you staying in The Ferry? 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the weather is looking more than decent, especially with the recent heavy rain we've had.

Jealous you seeing Razorlight, superb band.

Where you staying in The Ferry? 

We are staying in Jollys 

My mate from Arbroath coming down to meet us as well so should be a good wee trip