BuddieinEK

Music Gigs

Weller last night at the Hydro, a man and a band on top of their game. 2 hours worth, and a good mix of Jam, TSC & solo stuff. Lighting was awesome too, something I never, ever, thought I'd mention in connection with a gig.

ETA - the here's the 28 song/2 hour setlist- something for everyone! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-weller/2015/the-sse-hydro-glasgow-scotland-3bf2b4f0.html

Now that you mention it , the lighting was very good as well as the camera work on screen . .

Going to the ABC tonight to see Complete Stone Roses. That and a few beers will hopefully wipe a 4-0 bleaching from my mind.

Saw the complete stone roses this time last year at the ABC and they were fantastic, sorry I'm missing it.

The Stranglers did not get the full use of the PA so sound was a bit down. Have never heard Simple Minds sound so good they have a great band there now with some wonderful female vocals.

Good to hear.

Last time I saw the Minds, the sound was so bad the bsnd eventually left the stage for 45 mins. Still sounded awful when they carried on... ...

Yet OMD had been amazing with a great sound.

This week was Tensheds on Wednesday at Ivory Blacks...

He was awesome... but a crowd of 9 including the barman and the 4 members of the support act was gutting!!!

Thursday night was a sold out gig by Blue Rose Code which was awesome! Stunningly good.

Highly recommend catching Blue Rose Code at the Mitchell Library in January as part of Celtic Connections.

Tickets bought for Neil Young at the Hydro in June. Caught him last time with the Horse, Willie Nelson's sons this time around. Looking at the set lists it looks like the non-Horse stuff's getting a good outing including 6 or so solo acoustic numbers.

Tickets bought for Neil Young at the Hydro in June. Caught him last time with the Horse, Willie Nelson's sons this time around. Looking at the set lists it looks like the non-Horse stuff's getting a good outing including 6 or so solo acoustic numbers.

Would it not have been quicker going by car?

I have no interest in his sexual preferences.

Tickets bought for Heart at the Royal Concert Hall next July. Will likely be the last time I get to see Ann & Nancy Wilson live. 'Little Queen' remains one of my all-time favourite albums.

I thought they would have been a bit lightweight for you , Buddie. .the sort of high modulus carbon fibre of rock groups. .