Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

The Stranglers did not get the full use of the PA so sound was a bit down. Have never heard Simple Minds sound so good they have a great band there now with some wonderful female vocals.

Good to hear.

Last time I saw the Minds, the sound was so bad the bsnd eventually left the stage for 45 mins. Still sounded awful when they carried on... ...

Yet OMD had been amazing with a great sound.

This week was Tensheds on Wednesday at Ivory Blacks...

He was awesome... but a crowd of 9 including the barman and the 4 members of the support act was gutting!!!

Thursday night was a sold out gig by Blue Rose Code which was awesome! Stunningly good.

Highly recommend catching Blue Rose Code at the Mitchell Library in January as part of Celtic Connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets bought for Neil Young at the Hydro in June. Caught him last time with the Horse, Willie Nelson's sons this time around. Looking at the set lists it looks like the non-Horse stuff's getting a good outing including 6 or so solo acoustic numbers.

Tickets bought for Neil Young at the Hydro in June. Caught him last time with the Horse, Willie Nelson's sons this time around. Looking at the set lists it looks like the non-Horse stuff's getting a good outing including 6 or so solo acoustic numbers.

Would it not have been quicker going by car?

Tickets bought for Heart at the Royal Concert Hall next July. Will likely be the last time I get to see Ann & Nancy Wilson live. 'Little Queen' remains one of my all-time favourite albums.

I thought they would have been a bit lightweight for you , Buddie. .the sort of high modulus carbon fibre of rock groups. .

• 5 weeks later...

Over the last year or so -

Ash - O2 ABC

Guy Garvie - O2 ABC

Simple minds / Stranglers - Hydro

Paul Weller - Hydro

Sting / Paul Simon - Hydro

Maccabees - Barrowlands

All the rights artists but not necessarily in the right order

Nothing planned for the year ahead but plenty of ideas via their thread

Edited by ped

Monday... C Duncan

Tuesday... Andrew Wasylyk

Friday... Yvonne Lyon

Tonight...

Roaming Roots at GRCH...

Roddy Hart, Justin Currie, Blue Rose Code, Kris Kristofferson and many more!

Next Friday... Blue Rose Code new album preview...but before that, a meal at Tasty's on its opening night... The new restaurant by Tony Singh.

Defo not pleased about Murray leaving - he'll be lucky if he gets a club down south though imho - so many players out of contract without a club and now he wants to join the queues? blink.gif

Best of luck to him in finding one, if you ask me, he'll zoggin well need it, even if Mansfield is an iron in the fire for him.

Let's just hope we can get someone who offers at least the same as him on a free... unsure.gif

WOW.

JUST WOW.

That was pretty special indeed.

Anderson East was new to me but I will definately be checking him out.

Justin Currie is as gallus as it gets and defo has "it".

Iain Morrison... first time hearing and I hope not the last... Very reminiscent of the Waterboys sound... loved his set.

Highlight of the night for me personally though, was Ross Wilson aka Blue Rose Code.

Since first hearing him I have felt he has a very special quality that sets him apart.

He owned that stage tonight and his duet with Iain Morrison when they covered Van The Man's Into The Mystic was the highlight of the night for me.

Closing with the full ensemble singing Knocking on Heavens Door then Rocking In The Free World was a touch of class.

Special mention to Roddy Hart... Who put the whole event together and headed up the house band throughout the evening. He should be equally pleased and proud of that!