Leaping For Lupus

26-59-87-13

I'm struggling. Can any kind Buddies help me?

My daughter has lupus - you know, what that Selena Lopez lassie came out as having the other day.

She's never pain free but she rarely complains. My daughter, that is. I've heard Lopez never stops girning.

So, we're planning to do a skydive to raise funds, but it's one of these deals where you need to raise a grand before you can do the jump.

We're well over half way there but we need a lot more. Is there any chance the good folk of Black and White Army dot com could dig deep and take us closer to the target?

I guarantee the Hibbs Lupus Trust has nothing whatsoever to do with the Hibees!

Thanks in advance to anyone who coughs up a quid thumbup2.gif

justgiving.com/hurleyskydive

Right! If I ever catch any of you guys touching my daughter, I'll...

Oh, wait a minute. I think I may have misunderstood. When she said she was touched by the guys on B & WA, I think she meant she was touched by your generosity! tongue.png

Seriously, though - you've been brilliant. Thanks a million. (There's still time if you haven't yet forced open the old wallet thumbup2.gif)​

• 2 years later...

2 years ago yesterday I posted this!

Then my daughter picked up a nasty back injury...and the weather beat us twice (I should have checked with Sean or Heather before heading to Durham on a wild goose chase). But today...we jumped out of a wee plane at 15,000 feet and started falling at 140+ mph!

We've made our target due in no small part to some of you guys on here. My daughter (pictured below) keeps saying 'But they've never even met you...So generous!'. She really does appreciate your help. And I do too. With all the charities and good causes wrestling for your hard earned, it was outstanding of you to support us. Many thanks.

We'll be closing down https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/hurleyskydive in a few days but I've heard some people donate even after the event has taken place... :rolleyes:

PSA Production00029.png