St Mirren V Sevco Internationale 25/10/2015

Lord Pityme

Theres a great chance we will be in the play offs but not at the right end.

You must have been watching the embarrassing bodies arse picking episode, you certainly weren't watching the saints

game ya imbecilic cretin, do you not get fed up always being so stupid?

Edited by murray street

Ref gave us sod all, which given some of the challenges made by Sevo, the fact he booked one of them for kicking the ball away was ironic.

Decent performance but we really lack quality in our final ball. Still we look a better side than we did a few weeks ago, so onwards and upwards.

One issue from today's game would be that we are not too bad on the counter but we don't really sustain pressure when we have the ball high up the park. We pressed high when they were in possession and looked comfortable in the middle playing good football, but it was very much end to end. That said second half (and by all accounts barring the last 10-15 mins of the first half) we defended relatively well and kept them to speculative efforts winning the ball back in a timely fashion.

For all the criticism of playing thommo as lone striker...the holding up/linking play and overall ball retention was worth the starting place alone.

Simply put they were on top for 10-15 mins. Got the sucker punch and we just couldn't find a way back in.

Had I been in charge with 30 mins to go the only subs I would have made were McMullan for howieson and one of the defensive midfielders for Shankland. Murray did one and not the other then swapped Shankland and Gallagher.

Had we lost by two I'd have come out and told you all I thought we were on top and could pin them back and win . As it was Murray went for possibly nicking a point. Sadly it didn't work. Not a criticism just a comment. The team did very well today. That effort just has to be maintained and things will come good.

Easy to see how we are better way from home though.

Edited by Bart Simpson

Again Murray seems obliviousnor clueless to the fact persisting with playing 36 years of age Thommo as a lone striker is not working, he cant trouble a defence for 60 - 80 minutes anymore. He needs to start on the bench with Shankland and Gallacher up front, and McMullan providing them with a range of crosses/passes.

It hasn't worked in one single game this season, Thommo only got his goal at QoS by chasing down a wobbly defender.

He didnt . It was two up front all game.huh.png

You must have been watching the embarrassing bodies arse picking episode, you certainly weren't watching the saints

game ya imbecilic cretin, do you not get fed up always being so stupid?

Why would I get fed up rubbing cunts like you up. And I never got to watch the game im at work .

Thought Thommo and Gallacher put in a great shift together today. We were given sod all by the ref, and the booking for Goodwin was a joke.. Fair play to big Jim for not holding back for the rest of the time he was on. WTF was Langfield thinking for the goal? A draw would have been a fair result.

Tbf, it was some shot from that angle. We're just lacking a bit of quality/final ball. That comes with confidence. Murray needs to use that performance as a springboard, let them watch the game back and see how well they competed against a good side.

With that effort and intensity, we will win games.

Carswell isnae good enough. Thought Howieson looked ok today.

Many more positives than negatives. Of course we shouldn't be celebrating a defeat, but progress has to be acknowledged. The team pressed sevco all over the park until tiring a little in the final 15 minutes,but still tried to get forward.

Their goal was a bit of a freak, though Langfield won't enjoy watching it back. They had other chances, but so did Saints. All in all, it was an encouraging performance, and hopefully something to build on.

Edited by Drew

Decent performance ultimately let down by a goalkeeping mistake. Only shot not straight at him and a poor misjudgment. Goodwin was excellent after his joke booking. Really played well despite it and I never thought he looked in danger of a red so not sure he should have been hooked. Lost the midfield after he went off. Good shift by all today and more of the same will see us climb the table slowly.

Why would I get fed up rubbing cunts like you up. And I never got to watch the game im at work .

Do I know who you are? blah blah blah, mcdowall street yawn yawn, you have got to be one of the thickest cùnts

I have ever encountered, you are so immature and need to grow up, you have been playing this game for years

and it is same old same old elvis, thick as mince. Change the record eh, this twattery does you no credit at all.

GROW UP and Support the team for fùcks sake man.

Edited by murray street

More positives than negatives but can't help feeling we should have and could have taken at least a point.

If playing two up, I would have started Shankland and Gallagher with Thommo coming on as an impact sub.

Goodwins early booking was purely the tef taking the easy option to take the pressure off himself. He knew once booked, Goodie wouldn't be able to force him into making any hard decisions at the risk of upsetting his fellow Rangers fans!!!

Number 4 for them should have been booked three times!

Kelly was poor... and worse still, blowing out of his arse early in tbe second half.

Whole team bar Goodwin looks shockingly unfit and lacking in stamina.

Carswell? What's the point? No effort... no application... no tackling... ambling around the park like nothing mattered. Guy really annoyed me with that "performance".

Shankland should have come on for Thommo... who had his best game of the season.

Two forwards should have been tight on their number 4 in the latter stages.... not one on each wing!!!

Major tactical questions yet again... but a bit of hope to reassure me that the squad is indeed good enough to challenge at the top end this season.

Edited by BuddieinEK

I am a Season Ticket holder but couldn't make the game as I have not been well.Thought we played well against an average Gers side and should have taken at least a point.Interesting to hear Kenny McLean say we had the boy Oduwa on trial from Spurs last season but chose not to take him on loan.A huge error of judgment by someone surely.

I am a Season Ticket holder but couldn't make the game as I have not been well.Thought we played well against an average Gers side and should have taken at least a point.Interesting to hear Kenny McLean say we had the boy Oduwa on trial from Spurs last season but chose not to take him on loan.A huge error of judgment by someone surely.

Aye he said the players were expecting him to be signed

Goodwin ain't the ghost no more - Carswell is.

Decent performance today. Joke booking for Goody. Agnew had his best game in a Saints shirt but we really need another midfielder - probably right side to allow Mallan to play further in. McMullan needs to beef up and learn to track back otherwise he is a total luxury. Thommo had his best game and Gallagher looked good as did the defence.