St Mirren V Sevco Internationale 25/10/2015

Lord Pityme

More positives than negatives but can't help feeling we should have and could have taken at least a point.

If playing two up, I would have started Shankland and Gallagher with Thommo coming on as an impact sub.

Goodwins early booking was purely the tef taking the easy option to take the pressure off himself. He knew once booked, Goodie wouldn't be able to force him into making any hard decisions at the risk of upsetting his fellow Rangers fans!!!

Number 4 for them should have been booked three times!

Kelly was poor... and worse still, blowing out of his arse early in tbe second half.

Whole team bar Goodwin looks shockingly unfit and lacking in stamina.

Carswell? What's the point? No effort... no application... no tackling... ambling around the park like nothing mattered. Guy really annoyed me with that "performance".

Shankland should have come on for Thommo... who had his best game of the season.

Two forwards should have been tight on their number 4 in the latter stages.... not one on each wing!!!

Major tactical questions yet again... but a bit of hope to reassure me that the squad is indeed good enough to challenge at the top end this season.

And that's more positives than negatives?

And that's more positives than negatives?

Fair enough... i was drawn towards highlighting the negatives as I am so frustrated.

Positives?

Playing 2 up front.

Pressing higher up the park despite 2 holding midfielders (thanks to JG bursting forward and leading by example).

Jim Goodwin leading by example and driving forward despite the refs attention.

Thommos best game in 2 years.

Baird the beast bossing at the back.

Agnew having his best game yet.

Gallagher bursting a gut.

I watched the game in darkest Kazakstan with two Sevco and two Selik Supporters. Both said SEVCO supporters were happy with the outcome but like many thought they were lucky and that the Saints "deserved at least a point" if we play like that (though I question the starting 11) we can make the top four.

Carswell coming on resulted in us falling out of it as he doesn't play a pressing game ...... struggling to see what he contributes tbh. That midfield of Goody,Mallen, Agnew and Howieson should be given an extended run as today was probably best we have played at home all season.

Do I know who you are? blah blah blah, mcdowall street yawn yawn, you have got to be one of the thickest cùnts

I have ever encountered, you are so immature and need to grow up, you have been playing this game for years

and it is same old same old elvis, thick as mince. Change the record eh, this twattery does you no credit at all.

GROW UP and Support the team for fùcks sake man.

That's good coming from one of the biggest wallopers on here .

I watched the game in darkest Kazakstan with two Sevco and two Selik Supporters. Both said SEVCO supporters were happy with the outcome but like many thought they were lucky and that the Saints "deserved at least a point" if we play like that (though I question the starting 11) we can make the top four.

Who would you have preferred to see starting?

I might have opted for Shankland over Thommo, but Thompson put in a great shift.

I think we need a degree of continuity, so would stick with that starting 11 for a while and see what develops.

Who would you have preferred to see starting?

I might have opted for Shankland over Thommo, but Thompson put in a great shift.

I think we need a degree of continuity, so would stick with that starting 11 for a while and see what develops.

I & many others have been critical of Thommo this season, lack of effort & short of pace but today i thought he looked up for it right from the start & surprisingly kept it going for the whole 90 mins.

Now he`s proved he can still cut it , i would expect to see that attitude /performance from our Captain in every game he starts.

“Happy we didn’t get sucked into personal battles or physical battles as when you come to a place like this against this sort of team you know what to expect.

me thinks the wee gers manager is losing it....he started the season talking sense...but all of a sudden he starts talking pish..utter dross

Missed opportunity today.

Langfield, oh ffs

Goodwin played well, ref couldn't wait to book him , this told later on, obviously with his subbing.

Rangers were not impressive

Agnew and Mallen very good, Thomson , good shift and attitude

Same old same old in results terms though.

Can you be happy and scunnert at the same time, well I am tonight.

Missed opportunity today.

Langfield, oh ffs

Goodwin played well, ref couldn't wait to book him , this told later on, obviously with his subbing.

Rangers were not impressive

Agnew and Mallen very good, Thomson , good shift and attitude

Same old same old in results terms though.

Can you be happy and scunnert at the same time, well I am tonight.

aye yir right...was one of "THOSE" days

More positives than negatives but can't help feeling we should have and could have taken at least a point.

If playing two up, I would have started Shankland and Gallagher with Thommo coming on as an impact sub.

Goodwins early booking was purely the tef taking the easy option to take the pressure off himself. He knew once booked, Goodie wouldn't be able to force him into making any hard decisions at the risk of upsetting his fellow Rangers fans!!!

Number 4 for them should have been booked three times!

Kelly was poor... and worse still, blowing out of his arse early in tbe second half.

Whole team bar Goodwin looks shockingly unfit and lacking in stamina.

Carswell? What's the point? No effort... no application... no tackling... ambling around the park like nothing mattered. Guy really annoyed me with that "performance".

Shankland should have come on for Thommo... who had his best game of the season.

Two forwards should have been tight on their number 4 in the latter stages.... not one on each wing!!!

Major tactical questions yet again... but a bit of hope to reassure me that the squad is indeed good enough to challenge at the top end this season.

got to dis

agree with this...he was brilliant when going forward...but i do admit he was shyte at defending today

got to dis

agree with this...he was brilliant when going forward...but i do admit he was shyte at defending today

If he was brilliant going forward, how come hw was almost always robbed of posession then stranded up the park as they launched a counter attack?

He tried to get forward plenty... but distribution was shocking.

Sean is a much better player than he is showing us just now.

Thought we lost our way a wee bit after Goodwin went off as Carswell is sadly a imposter of player, god only knows why he managed to stay at Motherwell for so long.

As for the Rangers number 4 Kiernan, Christ only knows why he escaped unpunished for so long, please explain Mr McLean???????

As has been mentioned too many players look unfit for some unknown reason but, it was our best home performance of the season so far and hopefully we can now kick on from this. (Although our passing is far too pedestrian).

Mallan was not a the races today and certainly not his best game although I don't think he was deployed in his most effective position.

Thompson's best game by far this season, more like his old self showing a hunger and desire which has been sadly lacking of late.

More positives than negatives today but, we must produce this type of performance on a consistent basis and also noticed Ian Murray stayed in the dugout area throughout the 90 mins.

The first game that I have enjoyed at St Mirren Park this season. Well done to the starting 11, they all played well throughout and gave their all. Langfield was barely troubled but defence didn't close forward down quickly enough and a smart finish deceived Langfield who won't be too happy with his part in goal.

The team started on the front foot from the off with Thompson setting the tone within first minute or two and Sir Jim Goodwin playing a blinder. Reminded me of Thommo's performance against the Dons on a Monday night a couple of years ago when Danny was

really feeling the heat. The crowd were therefore onside from the first whistle which was great to be part off and Murray needs to understand he has to send his team

out of the dressing every week with that desire to press high and work their socks off for the cause as most of the teams in this league really aren't that great, Rangers and Hibs included. The crowd will respond to positive performances on the pitch, it's not rocket science

Thompson played really well and proved again he more than has it to cut it at this level as well as the stamina and fitness levels. Well done Thommo and keep this going as you are still a big player for us and need to keep that level of performance up every week understandably maybe not quite for the full 90 mins. You ain't getting any younger so make the most of it while you still can. :-)

So glad we have Goodwin at the club who is sure to win player of the season with another outstanding performance. Carswell is a disgrace. Terrible footballer. Looked like he had been plucked from the stands and told to walk slowly up and down the middle of the pitch doing bugger all. Goodwin has become a massive asset to the side and can help us push on and compete for that top 4 finish.

Plenty of positives and lots to build on. Sadly we said this after game at Ibrox in August but hopefully Murray has learned valuable lessons today. :-)

Edited by Mr Zo

Sad to say Murray has learned f**k all.

Thommo puts in a better shift no doubt with that penalty miss in his mind against his auld paymasters, but we fail to score a goal at home again. That is the only stat that matters. Our manager cannot field a winning team at home. Therefor we will not be in the play offs as you need to win most of your home games to get there.

Last year QoS needed 66 points, seriously will we get anywhere near that?

#Sleepwalkingtooblivion

Edited by Lord Pityme