St Mirren V Sevco Internationale 25/10/2015

Lord Pityme

If you trace the history of it right back, we were the cheapest seat in the SPL, and were charging the same amount of money for all fixtures, including games against both halves of the scum, until the Martin Bain inspired 5% levy that they tried to charge the other clubs as compensation for selling our tickets to their fans.

Bain was dumbfounded that the other clubs saw it as racketeering and, those who could, rightly told them to get to f*ck.

Not content with carving up the league's income in such a lop sided in a manner that it left only scraps for the rest of us, and helped cultivate a low quality, uncompetitive shitfest of a competition, these alleged bitter rivals were happy to jump into bed with each other if it meant getting another 5% out off us. And they were arrogant enough to think we had no choice in the matter.

That was the point at which we told them we'd sell directly to their supporters' clubs, and since the costs are apparently so high that a 5% levy was being demanded, we'd obviously have to up the prices as well, and Martin Bain and Peter Lawwell could go around the schemes explaining to the mutants why they were being charged more.

That's one thing, but the £5 discount for home fans being quietly done away with is my issue. I hope there was a good a reason for it.

Surprise the club did not do what Killie do and move home fans into 1 or 2 stands to give them more seats. With around 2000 home fans at this game everybody could be put into the main stand with them getting the other 3. That could be worth an other 75K to the club whistling.gif

Surprise the club did not do what Killie do and move home fans into 1 or 2 stands to give them more seats. With around 2000 home fans at this game everybody could be put into the main stand with them getting the other 3. That could be worth an other 75K to the club whistling.gif

I'm surprised they don't ask ST holders to fcuk off to the shops for the day, allowing them to sell another 2.5k seats to Sevconians at 25 quid a pop.

Being a season ticket holder I am not affected. It is ridiculous to ask our fans to pay more for watching the same players in this game, those in the west stand will be subject to reduced catering facilities and reduced toilet facilities, but are being asked to pay more for less. It is scandalous and a lazy money making idea.

Yes, because we are ripping off the supporters of the blue vermin and as a consequence our Board must increase the price of tickets at the home end to prevent the stinky vermin supporters infiltrating the St Mirren section. What is your point ? (as if I care). It is a fact that St Miirren's corporate hospitality packages are set out in 3 groups with different price ranges, A, B & C, depending on the opposition. This is a consequence of a phenomenon called Supply & Demand (try Google, select basic Economics). This phenomenon explains why a pound (or kilogram) of steak will be more expensive than a pound of dog shit. Board 1, you 0.

Own goal by you i'm afraid, I accept hospitality will be more expensive due to the higher demand for this game, home fan numbers will not increase though, and may well decrease there will not be a higher demand for home tickets. A pound of steak will indeed be more expensive than a pound of shite, but we are watching the same saints players as we did in previous less expensive games, we are not bringing in Messi and Co, for this game - so the steak and shite point is indeed a pile of shit.

It should be a flat rate across the board for every game no matter who you are playing and i mean this for every club's home game

its all the same product ( some will disagree )

do cinema's charge accordingly for what film is on show?

it is an embarrassment to OUR club that they even charge different prices in corporate hospitality depending who we play (do we get a better class of potato depending who we play on the day? )

who are they to judge who is worth more than others....this is a total disgrace