Cost Of Football - By Bbc

davidg

No, Shull hasn't hacked my log in details but the BBC have published some decent stats on the cost of following each club and how it compares.

It doesn't take into account the free child tickets but some interesting stats.

Anyone not taking a child is paying way above the league average on season, match day tickets, pies and programmes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

No, Shull hasn't hacked my log in details but the BBC have published some decent stats on the cost of following each club and how it compares.

It doesn't take into account the free child tickets but some interesting stats.

Anyone not taking a child is paying way above the league average on season, match day tickets, pies and programmes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

Only 17p cheaper than the average top league ticket in Scotland. More than twice as expensive as Bayern Munich. Shull has always been right on this one, admission at St Mirren is far too expensive and that's because the club continues to pay a very healthy wage to extremely poor quality employees.

Only 17p cheaper than the average top league ticket in Scotland. More than twice as expensive as Bayern Munich. Shull has always been right on this one, admission at St Mirren is far too expensive and that's because the club continues to pay a very healthy wage to extremely poor quality employees.

You canny put the blame on the stewards and catering staff entirely.

All very well making comments and expressing surprise. The only way to get action is to vote with your feet. Of course it has been made so much easier for me to do this by the complete lack of effort/ability/entertainment of this current Saints team.

If Saints cant run their business without ripping the fans off then thats their problem. From what i can gather, crowds are already dipping and likely to continue thus.

I realise its not only Saints who are fleecing the football fan, teams like Celtic who charge upwards of £25 I believe will also suffer the consequences, as will the scotland national team who absolutely take the biscuit in rip-offs.

Noticed the "How much does a goal cost?" section. Not surprisingly we are bottom of the table given our home league win ratio is honking. There must be some supporters who have missed the odd game who have not seen a home league win in over a year.

Correct. With holidays and the odd trip down to London for the NFL... Can't remember the last time I saw a home league win, or indeed enjoyed a home league game. All I see are leads spunked away, boring draws, and mild booing at full time. It isn't even full-on booing, such is the apathy generated by a want-away board, questionable managerial appointments and a succession of teams with about as much steel as a marshmallow.

NFL again in a fortnight. Only disappointment is that it doesn't clash with a home game.

Seriously, seriously underperforming club for the prices they are expecting fans to pay.

post-2667-0-75034800-1444910198_thumb.jp

In any other business not so dependent on 'customer' loyalty St Mirren would be a business on the edge of going under.
Gone are the days of Chick slobbering on about great well run wee club ...this is poor management throughout

Seriously, seriously underperforming club for the prices they are expecting fans to pay.

attachicon.gifsaints prices.jpg

In any other business not so dependent on 'customer' loyalty St Mirren would be a business on the edge of going under.

Gone are the days of Chick slobbering on about great well run wee club ...this is poor management throughout

Maybe, but bear in mind that last years Premier League prices will only have been reduced a little for this year. Should be ok next year when they drop a bit more

punk.gif

Personally don't think I am paying over the odds for the season ticket.

How much do Bayern bring in from TV and being in Europe.

So take the price down with our attendances we would have to go part time and have a smaller squad. So as a fan ask yourself what you want. I don't want to see such a drastic change.

Certainly 2 quid for a hot drink is a complete and utter joke as is the price of the terrible food on sale at the ground. So I just use the Buddie good food trailer across the road which is cheaper and has a far superior quality of food.

The strange thing is that with the huge sum of money being paid by TV (particularly in England) you would think that would lead to cheaper gate prices but, no, the clubs milk the fans north and south of the border because they know that big clubs will have a long waiting list for season tickets and limited for non season ticket holders. Personally speaking, if Saints were top of the SPL I would still believe ticket prices are at least 50% too expensive. Football is pricing itself out with the ability of many fans who would like to go but simply cannot afford to.

The situation in Scotland is unlikely to change re cost of attending. The massive gap in finances between England and Scotland means we have to pay a certain amount in wages to retain any talent in this country otherwise they would go down south. As we are not in the same league in TV or sponsorship money our clubs have to charge high for entry fees,season tickets, football merchandise such as tops etc and food and drink. Sadly, they are losing support (old and potentially new) each season.

And have they had that money back?

I dont know of any fans who have had their season/match ticket money back put of the club....

What about the many unpaid hours they put in on the clubs behalf........I'm pretty sure that when you balance out their time against their spend then the average hourly rate will be fairly poor for being a director of St Mirren