Would Chic Charnley Be A Welcome Addition To The Coaching Staff?

ErnieT

This thread is just stupid. Some people need the Samaritans direct dial

Well if you can't be slightly tongue in cheek re the current management team credentials then you need to chuck it, lighten up pal.

Ps- I still think Chic had more skill and passion in his big toe than the current negative duo combined.

Edited by ErnieT

Well if you can't be slightly tongue in cheek re the current management team credentials then you need to chuck it, lighten up pal.

Ps- I still think Chic had more skill and passion in his big toe than the current negative duo combined.

Don't think many will dispute his talent but there were many aspects of his personality which I'd rather were not held up as something for young players to aspire to. Also,Having talent to perform does not mean you have the ability to teach.

I remember him because he missed 3 penalties in a row.

In the next game we got a penalty and Cambell Money ran all the way up field took the ball of Charnley and scored!

I remember him well think he scored 2 goals was sent off 4 times booked in all matches had a touchline row with the manager gobed on player's and regularly reacted to St.Mirren fans criticism!

His name is actually James Charnley and got the name Chick because his first job was in a Chicken factory!

He did his badges I know that but why would St.Mirren be intrested?

Mybe to teach Agnew how to miss time a tackle or back chat a referee and get booked.

Liability not Legend! And no thanks as a coach!

Cowardly C"nt stuck the nut on me in a Glasgow night club many moons ago when I pulled a bird that had recently dumped him.

Big hard man with 6 of his mates around him and me on my own.

He signed for Saints the following season, much to the amusement of my mates lol.gif

He tells good stories thus making him a good after dinner speaker. My memory of him as a player is that he seemed to be getting sent off quite a few times, he was never a committed St.Mirren player, more a Partick Thistle man. On his day he was a good player, but those days were few and far between and unlike Jim Goodwin he never grew up.