Falkirk V St Mirren Championship. 31/10/15

shull

Queens Park v Clyde was pretty good. Great seats in the South Stand of the National Stadium and I parked the car about 15 yards from the turnstyle. I'll do this again. It finished 1-1 and was reasonably entertaining with both sides having chances to win. Not bad at all for £13 for the two of us.

Edited to add, was also invited - as were most of the crowd - to the Queens Park supporters bar bit at the back of the North Stand for a free pint and a Halloween Quiz with a number of decent looking prizes up for grabs. I couldn't take them up on the offer cause I have to be somewhere else this evening but what a great club.

Who wasn't invited and why ?

Is it an appropriate time to point out that Stephen Kenny, the man I suggested should have been appointed to the managers job instead of Ian Murray, has Dundalk 11 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier League having won 23 of their 33 matches, and having lost just 1. They've scored 79 goals and conceded just 23.

Some of us just know our football, and then there's a large chunk of the St Mirren support that knows f**k all. :rolleyes:

You never did answer my last question about Kenny at Dunfermline. Mind you... it didn't suit your argument!

mmmm just on because of a safety meeting to see we are 3 down.

Its getting strange because don't feel pissed off , getting to the stage where I don't care.

Something is far wrong we all know what it is but the board does nothing.

Similar to myself. Have long since stopped letting our pishness affect my mood on a Saturday night. I laughed when I saw we were down to nine men, although probably wouldn't have if I'd been at the game rather than at home watching Soccer Saturday.

Let's not let the red card get in the way that this has been embarrassing from St.mirren, Murray got the line up wrong. Shankland should of started with thompson coming on the last 20 minutes.

This season has been a disaster and not good enough, Murray out.

Thompson can still do a job in this league, however signs of that have been rare so far. He had a great game against Queens and was decent last week but not much in between. Folk need to realise he's not the player of two or three years ago and is unlikely to suddenly return to that form - although playing him with another striker would help enormously.

Edited by Stu

I think Gary Teale would get a lot more out of this team and get St Mirren's homegrown young players playing to their strengths.

Correct.

Teale was the answer this season. Made sense on an economic and footballing front.

We should have gave him till Christmas and then... If he wasn't cutting it let him go for minimal expenditure. If he was good enough, then good. I'm absolutely sure if Gary Teale was our manager we would be in a better position than we are at the moment. To be fair I think my gran could have managed our budget to a better position than we are in at the moment.

Murray has not only been a wrong appointment. He's been an expensive wrong appointment.

Hopefully the BOD don't listen to the ' WE NEED TO APPOINT FROM OUTWITH THE CLUB ' brigade again.

Similar to myself. Have long since stopped letting our pishness affect my mood on a Saturday night. I laughed when I saw we were down to nine men, although probably wouldn't have if I'd been at the game rather than at home watching Soccer Saturday.

Thompson can still do a job in this league, however signs of that have been rare so far. He had a great game against Queens and was decent last week but not much in between. Folk need to realise he's not the player of two or three years ago and is unlikely to suddenly return to that form - although playing him with another striker would help enormously.

He's not far off 800 minutes of game time in the league so far and has 1 goal, and had 1 decent goal against Morton chalked off due to Baird's clumsy challenge on their keeper, and ballooned 1 penalty onto orbit. Thommo was finished last season and will not score for fun in the Championship this year.

We need a guy like Ian

McCall a jimmy calderwood a real football

Manager not cubts like tommy craig or Murray

Today again pish

Can't defend Falkirk had 4 free headers in first half Abd scored two

All Murray wants to do is play long ball. Again today he proved he's a Dumbarton manager clueless can set up a team against bigger better teams but when we need to play we can't

calderwood was rejected as he would demand closure of the youth set up and spend all the money on established players.

he would just have been a different kind of wrong appointment

He's not far off 800 minutes of game time in the league so far and has 1 goal, and had 1 decent goal against Morton chalked off due to Baird's clumsy challenge on their keeper, and ballooned 1 penalty onto orbit. Thommo was finished last season and will not score for fun in the Championship this year.

Have you seen Shankland play recently?

I have, and he really isn't all that. It's no surprise to me that he can't even make Aberdeens bench.

He's came on in the last two weeks and he's hardly had a kick in either game. Indeed his best involvement today was a tremendous long throw.

Thompson's selection has been correct. I'm no fan of Murray but him continuing to pick him isn't a fault. I hope he starts next week, and I hope the team can get decent service to him, for a change.

Edited by TopCat

Just realised that despite a dismal day we were 11 points off a play off place BEFORE the Sevco game and tonight after 2 defeats we are......still 11 points off a play off place. To be fair it's pretty spurious but it surprised me.

All this proves is that even when Raith Rovers lose 2 on the bounce we can't make up even 1 point on them. How it is grounds for optimism that once Alan Gow returns to fitness and scores for fun in the Championship that we will still be in with a shout of a play off place and promotion I will never know!

Queens Park v Clyde was pretty good. Great seats in the South Stand of the National Stadium and I parked the car about 15 yards from the turnstyle. I'll do this again. It finished 1-1 and was reasonably entertaining with both sides having chances to win. Not bad at all for £13 for the two of us.

Edited to add, was also invited - as were most of the crowd - to the Queens Park supporters bar bit at the back of the North Stand for a free pint and a Halloween Quiz with a number of decent looking prizes up for grabs. I couldn't take them up on the offer cause I have to be somewhere else this evening but what a great club.

You are a waste of space

Have you seen Shankland play recently?

I have, and he really isn't all that. It's no surprise to me that he can't even make Aberdeens bench.

He's came on in the last two weeks and he's hardly had a kick in either game. Indeed his best involvement today was a tremendous long throw.

Thompson's selection has been correct. I'm no fan of Murray but him continuing to pick him isn't a fault. I hope he starts next week, and I hope the team can get decent service to him, for a change.

Shankland did well with both goals he has scored for us. What you say about needing to give Thommo decent service would also apply to Shankland if Murray bothered to play him. His finish against Raith Rovers was sublime and he made his goal against Alloa himself (and had he not done so we would have lost at home to the team bottom of the league at the time).

Murray made big noises about McMullan having the ability to damage Championship defences but he is now another Murray signing not getting a game along with Shankland. When I've seen Shankland I have thought he has had to work off scraps and create stuff for himself as they team have laid on precious few chances for him. St Mirren also seem to be deploying him as a wide player rather than a striker playing just off the last defender.

Shankland has had only 411 minutes of game time in the league and has 2 goals - an average of a goal every 3rd full game he starts. Thommo has had the equivalent of almost 9 full starts and has 1 goal (similar to Shankland's against Alloa) that he got from chasing down a lost cause and benefitting from a defensive error). Even if Shankland is not good enough for the Aberdeen bench I would suggest he would have a realistic chance of getting a dozen goals or more at this level this season. Aside from his goal against Morton being chalked off I can hardly think of any games where Thommo has had a chance and worked the opposition keeper all season yet Murray persists in starting him almost every game and playing him for 90 minutes most weeks. Shankland will not learn much or improve much by sitting and watching from the bench.

Shankland did well with both goals he has scored for us. What you say about needing to give Thommo decent service would also apply to Shankland if Murray bothered to play him. His finish against Raith Rovers was sublime and he made his goal against Alloa himself (and had he not done so we would have lost at home to the team bottom of the league at the time).

Murray made big noises about McMullan having the ability to damage Championship defences but he is now another Murray signing not getting a game along with Shankland. When I've seen Shankland I have thought he has had to work off scraps and create stuff for himself as they team have laid on precious few chances for him. St Mirren also seem to be deploying him as a wide player rather than a striker playing just off the last defender.

Shankland has had only 411 minutes of game time in the league and has 2 goals - an average of a goal every 3rd full game he starts. Thommo has had the equivalent of almost 9 full starts and has 1 goal (similar to Shankland's against Alloa) that he got from chasing down a lost cause and benefitting from a defensive error). Even if Shankland is not good enough for the Aberdeen bench I would suggest he would have a realistic chance of getting a dozen goals or more at this level this season. Aside from his goal against Morton being chalked off I can hardly think of any games where Thommo has had a chance and worked the opposition keeper all season yet Murray persists in starting him almost every game and playing him for 90 minutes most weeks. Shankland will not learn much or improve much by sitting and watching from the bench.

One of Shanks goals was a walk in after an Alloa defensive disaster.

If you want to credit him for that fair enough.

I will respond to the rest later, cos I only read the first paragraph to be honest.

All this proves is that even when Raith Rovers lose 2 on the bounce we can't make up even 1 point on them. How it is grounds for optimism that once Alan Gow returns to fitness and scores for fun in the Championship that we will still be in with a shout of a play off place and promotion I will never know!

Who mentioned Gow ?

One of Shanks goals was a walk in after an Alloa defensive disaster.

If you want to credit him for that fair enough.

I will respond to the rest later, cos I only read the first paragraph to be honest.

Why would Shankland not be credited with the goal, he harried the defender into the error in the first place? By the same logic Thommo would be on no proper league goals this season after a defensive mistake by the QOTS defence.