Falkirk V St Mirren Championship. 31/10/15

shull

Is it an appropriate time to point out that Stephen Kenny, the man I suggested should have been appointed to the managers job instead of Ian Murray, has Dundalk 11 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier League having won 23 of their 33 matches, and having lost just 1. They've scored 79 goals and conceded just 23.

Some of us just know our football, and then there's a large chunk of the St Mirren support that knows f**k all. :rolleyes:

In a league that's at an even lower standard than ours. Why would we want to bring in a manager who has already shown he couldn't cut it in Scotland's second tier?

In a league that's at an even lower standard than ours. Why would we want to bring in a manager who has already shown he couldn't cut it in Scotland's second tier?

You tell me? After all the St Mirren board have regularly recruited managers who couldn't cut it in Scotland's second tier. :rolleyes:

Kenny is a winner with a proven record of success in his domestic game with really unfashionable teams. Even at Dunfermline he took them into Europe and they were runners up in two domestic competitions.

Like I said though, some of us just know our football - others like you know f**k all.

Thompson was never a guy to run the channels and if we played with width we could then judge Thompson and his ability to get on the end of crosses. Fact is he is dealing with the ball being launched at him and often being asked to run in behind when it's not his game. He should be in the box and being supplied with crosses to feed on. Our management haven't got a plan or a way of playing we have nothing and it's starting to be embarrassing for us supporters. Last year was bad but at least it was Aberdeen and the likes pumping us not bloody championship teams

You tell me? After all the St Mirren board have regularly recruited managers who couldn't cut it in Scotland's second tier. :rolleyes:

Kenny is a winner with a proven record of success in his domestic game with really unfashionable teams. Even at Dunfermline he took them into Europe and they were runners up in two domestic competitions.

Like I said though, some of us just know our football - others like you know f**k all.

You know f*ck all about the Irish game if you think Kenny has managed at the 'unfashionable' teams.

You know f*ck all about the Irish game if you think Kenny has managed at the 'unfashionable' teams.

He couldn't take up his personal invite to the QP Halloween post match party as he said he had something else on tonight so I doubt he will have the time to reply........oh wait.....he's been posting on here regularly since. Aren't Kennys' current employers the 2nd most successful club in LoI history. Unfashionable indeed !

Thompson was never a guy to run the channels and if we played with width we could then judge Thompson and his ability to get on the end of crosses. Fact is he is dealing with the ball being launched at him and often being asked to run in behind when it's not his game. He should be in the box and being supplied with crosses to feed on. Our management haven't got a plan or a way of playing we have nothing and it's starting to be embarrassing for us supporters. Last year was bad but at least it was Aberdeen and the likes pumping us not bloody championship teams

It's a measure of our desperation that we are flogging Thomson to death. As you say , he's a centre forward, a CENTRE forward. Until,the guy gets some service from wide , what is the friggin point.

Thomson must be sicker than the fans tonight.

Shambolic.

Well that was pretty shit. How can we start so good last week but today we start like we are playing for a draw? Possession football with no decent forward pass and no midfield (besides Goody). No shots on target. no closing down and no bravery in the first half and 2-0 down.

Young Morgan did more in the last 15 mins than most of the others in midfield did the entire game.

When Thommo plays we have one tactic only and that is a high ball to him. And today the high balls were mostly overhit or Thommo was fouling their centre-backs. No Plan B.

For next week I would drop Howieson and Agnew, Move Mallan back into centre midfield where he can contribute better and have Morgan wide left. I'd also play Shankland from the start as there was far more movement when he came on.

But that is my last away game of the season and its only October. Dire stuff today but it wasn't all bad. Took a wee photie at the Kelpies - a better way of spending every second Saturday.

post-2737-0-94494500-1446335991_thumb.jp

But that is my last away game of the season and its only October. Dire stuff today but it wasn't all bad. Took a wee photie at the Kelpies - a better way of spending every second Saturday.

Cracking photo.

I know where you're coming from as I've not been to any away games this season despite looking forward to this year and the different places.

Been able to spend weekends in the pub watching the rugby world cup and generally doing other things rather than wasting £30 going to watch Saints.

Going to the rugby tomorrow. Looking forward to that a hell of a lot more than the trudge along Greenhill Road to see us struggle against part time diddies, which coincidentally might well be us next season!

He has had less than a handful of shots and headers saved in almost 9 games of 90 minutes on the pitch in the league and will have very few assists either.

Problem is that it's not just service he needs. He needs it in the box, with nobody around and right on his feet or head. He's shown that he can't beat anyone, doesn't have pace and is incapable of creating space this season. Indeed, most times he's been in space he's ended up laying it off. His QOTS performance has been, sadly, a blip and even his doing well last week was really only winning a header or two and avoiding a yellow for two lunges early on. Lunges that set up Goodwin's yellow.

Well that was pretty shit. How can we start so good last week but today we start like we are playing for a draw? Possession football with no decent forward pass and no midfield (besides Goody). No shots on target. no closing down and no bravery in the first half and 2-0 down.

Young Morgan did more in the last 15 mins than most of the others in midfield did the entire game.

When Thommo plays we have one tactic only and that is a high ball to him. And today the high balls were mostly overhit or Thommo was fouling their centre-backs. No Plan B.

For next week I would drop Howieson and Agnew, Move Mallan back into centre midfield where he can contribute better and have Morgan wide left. I'd also play Shankland from the start as there was far more movement when he came on.

Is the horse on the right a St Mirren fan ?

The wan on the right.

That wis me aw game.

Throwing my heid back, followed by "Gawd".

He couldn't take up his personal invite to the QP Halloween post match party as he said he had something else on tonight so I doubt he will have the time to reply........oh wait.....he's been posting on here regularly since. Aren't Kennys' current employers the 2nd most successful club in LoI history. Unfashionable indeed !

You are trying way too hard to be clever but then I guess in your backward part of Ayrshire pubs and restaurants don't have Wi-Fi and none of your family let you connect to their internet. I also suppose your work doesn't have internet access and that you can't read the forum from a desk. You know in some, more civilised parts of Scotland we even have 3g and 4g internet access.

And before Kenny took over at Dundalk they hadn't won a trophy in 20 years and they were struggling to beat relegation - now they've got back to back league titles. Kenny is a winner - but pricks like you would rather St Mirren appoint losers like Murray rolleyes.gif

I look forward to reading you and your pals argument that Dunfermline are one of the Scottish giants too :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson