Falkirk V St Mirren Championship. 31/10/15

shull

You are trying way too hard to be clever but then I guess in your backward part of Ayrshire pubs and restaurants don't have Wi-Fi and none of your family let you connect to their internet. I also suppose your work doesn't have internet access and that you can't read the forum from a desk. You know in some, more civilised parts of Scotland we even have 3g and 4g internet access.

And before Kenny took over at Dundalk they hadn't won a trophy in 20 years and they were struggling to beat relegation - now they've got back to back league titles. Kenny is a winner - but pricks like you would rather St Mirren appoint losers like Murray rolleyes.gif

I look forward to reading you and your pals argument that Dunfermline are one of the Scottish giants too :rolleyes:

What was Kennys record in the Championship (or old first division) with Dunfermline?

Played .. won... drawn... lost... scored... conceded?

[quote name="Stuart Dickson" post="1318680" timestamp="1446398528

And before Kenny took over at Dundalk they hadn't won a trophy in 20 years and they were struggling to beat relegation - now they've got back to back league titles. Kenny is a winner - but pricks like you would rather St Mirren appoint losers like Murray :rolleyes

Dundalk won the Irish league twice in each decade from the 60s to the 90s, and the cup in the 2000s. They were hardly languishing in the backwaters.

Oh dear. Is that the best you can do? You are still bringing up an exchange from weeks ago. You must be a right sensitive wee soul.

Not at all big man, but i was struggling for a joke so why not refer to the funniest thing I have read this year?

But i'd still accept that apology,thumbup2.gif

especially since I have unfortunately been proven right about Murray

Totally . Thought the 2nd red was pretty soft also .

But as you said , we were mince yesterday and deserved sfa .

Was soft. Reid got himself in trouble by getting wrong side, but contact looked minimal and the Falkirk player hit the deck like a bag of tatties. Suppose if it had been the other way round, we'd be screaming for a red.

another shit display,set up with the wrong team selection yet again,these two numpties spend all the time at the side of the park whispering into each others ears , its obviously nonsense as I have yet to see them pass on any Instructions onto anybody who is playing,the bod have once again totally f**ked up and this cannot be overlooked,2nd best to every team except qos this season and even they would have won if they had taken their chances ,murray is way out of his depth and is making tommy craig look good

Was soft. Reid got himself in trouble by getting wrong side, but contact looked minimal and the Falkirk player hit the deck like a bag of tatties. Suppose if it had been the other way round, we'd be screaming for a red.

reid was bad all day and was even quoted in yesterdays paper saying he was short of matches ,both 1st half goals came from where he should have been if he had been fit ,another murray panic signing

he was last man,,thats what rules state and if it had been other way ,we would have expected same decision bud

I don't believe there is a "last man" rule, so would not have yelled for a red based on that.

I would have out of blind loyalty and in an attempt to influence the bad referee however.

I am all but certain the rule refers to stopping an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

Feel free to prove me wrong though... ...

same thing,obvious goalscoring opportunity means running in on keeper with nobody around,thats what would have been the point if craig had not brought him down,clutching at straws comes to mind are you murrays wife by chance,please don't let the fact we had 2 players sent off distract from the fact we are utter shite and the 2 sending offs have muddled some on here ,we were 2 down b4 1st sending off ,our defence is poor ,midfield are ok when going sideways and forwards best attributes is a long throw ,

same thing,obvious goalscoring opportunity means running in on keeper with nobody around,thats what would have been the point if craig had not brought him down,clutching at straws comes to mind are you murrays wife by chance,please don't let the fact we had 2 players sent off distract from the fact we are utter shite and the 2 sending offs have muddled some on here ,we were 2 down b4 1st sending off ,our defence is poor ,midfield are ok when going sideways and forwards best attributes is a long throw ,

We were shite and deserved to lose even with 11 on the park.

Just saying that neither red card was deserved... and if having a free run at goal from the centre spot with s keeper still to beat is an "obvious goalscoring chance"...

then Tommy Craig is a better manager than Sir Alex Ferguson and Scott Brown is loveable and misunderstood!

we are shite ,,,

we were getting well beat with 11 on the park

1st red card is maybe debateable but 2nd is not

you can use the same argument for being off side 1mm inside opponent half ,but its the rules ,so as I said we would have expected same decision if it had been us

tommy craig bit I don't get ,but he was better than murray in a better league against better players ,murray has not improved our team 1 bit ,in fact imo he has made a very bad team even worse in a league most on here thought we could have done well in ,but hey maybe our league position is acceptable to you

In the centre circle.

"Obvious goalscoring chance"?

Yeh bud, as salcoatsbuddie says, if a player would have a 'free' run in on goal with only the keeper to beat, it has to be deemed as a clear goal scoring opportunity, even if there is a chance of a speedy defender catching them. Hopefully we'll get a similar decision in our favour, even if it's Thommo getting pulled back on the halfway line.

You have just forsaken the right to abuse referees then!

;)

don't think that will ever happen,..just to put you right when both decisions happened I was giving it laldy but today in hindsight I can see where officials got their decisions from,doesnt distract from the fact we are shit though

we are shite ,,,

we were getting well beat with 11 on the park

1st red card is maybe debateable but 2nd is not

you can use the same argument for being off side 1mm inside opponent half ,but its the rules ,so as I said we would have expected same decision if it had been us

tommy craig bit I don't get ,but he was better than murray in a better league against better players ,murray has not improved our team 1 bit ,in fact imo he has made a very bad team even worse in a league most on here thought we could have done well in ,but hey maybe our league position is acceptable to you

Jings... talk about totally missing the point. That is one helluva whoooooosh moment.

I totally agree with you.

This is NOT acceptable.

The red cards did NOT, in my opinion, affect the final outcome.

My point... and if I can't make it plain this time I totally give up...

...is that having the ball on the centre spot with a keeper to beat is in no way an "obvious goalscoring opportunity"!

If it was, why did the Americans favour it to spot kicks as a means of deciding matches.

A good chance aye... but not "obvious" as per the rules.

sorry maybe picked it up from sportscene or motd but it is definitely referred to in media,also used by supporters at games ,in fact on bus home we had a discussion about how it was shit but prob correct

Its kinda like an urban myth buddie,I think it was actually Tom Hendrie I remember saying in an interview that there is no last man rule.

If he had got beyond Reid who then chased him back and brought him down at the 18 yd line then he would rightly have been sent of for preventing a goalscoring opportunity. In this occasion he fouled him at halfway. The decision is not dependent on distance from goal but whether or not the player has a free run towards goal with no other outfield players between himself and the goalkeeper. Therefore correct decision by referee.

Saints v Falkirk, earlier this season.

McMullan gets scythed down.

Possibly a clear goal scoring opportunity; almost certainly dangerous play.

Ref awards... yellow card. And 11 man Falkirk go on to come back from 2-0 down to win the game.

Yesterday, Saints were 2-0 down. And even some Falkirk fans on P&B say Saints were the better team in the second half until the first red card.

They also say the first red card for certain was never a red card.

There's no doubting we've had a terrible season; but if referees had officiated the first game fairly there's every chance we'd have won that match (especially as one, possibly two, Falkirk players would have been red carded).

Who knows if we'd have come back yesterday; but getting such a bizarre red card against us pretty much made that impossible.

If he had got beyond Reid who then chased him back and brought him down at the 18 yd line then he would rightly have been sent of for preventing a goalscoring opportunity. In this occasion he fouled him at halfway. The decision is not dependent on distance from goal but whether or not the player has a free run towards goal with no other outfield players between himself and the goalkeeper. Therefore correct decision by referee.

To be fair, distance does indeed have an impact. More distance to run, more chance of an intervention.

Very very rarely do you see a straight red given for a foul 50 yards from goal.