The Blue Puke Fc 2012 V St Mirren. Petrofac Cup 28/11/15

shull

Think we will be lucky to sell 2500 tickets for this game.

My wife announced the other day that she had booked into get her haircut on the morning of this game and I will be left with the 3 kids.

Things are so bad with regards to watching St Mirren that letting my wife go for a haircut won in our house instead of going to a cup semi final and watching Ian Murray's team in action.

I think I have lost the plot. :-(

#timesatstmirrenarereallybad

Edited by Mr Zo

I bet you were overjoyed, singing and dancing when we won cup in 2013, need to take the good with the bad. That's what makes us different from the old firm scum. They need our support more than ever and if we win on Saturday it is why supporters of the old firm will never know how special it feels, keep the faith!!!

There's keeping the faith and then there's showing the players/management that they're f**king useless. I'm well beyond faith, they can "entertain" me in the comfort of my own home.

that's the spirit...hope u won't be going to final if we make it, if everybody turned their backs we would have no team to support...

We won't make it, because we are absolutely f**king pish. This is the worst St Mirren team I have ever watched, I look at Agnew and yearn for Roland Fabiani who could at least trap a ball and not look knackered in the first half. I'm missing an away game, hardly going to send the club in to turmoil. Rangers will either turn us over or phone it in and win 1-0. Even if we score Murray will brick it and Sir Thommo will repay more of his EBT with another lacklustre sham of a performance.

Oh and if the squad are reading this and doubt they are the worst St Mirren team in nearly 40 years (I don't really recall much before I was 4) then just leave. Take your lazy f**king attitude to some other club. Maybe we should all turn our backs, some sort of rule that after the 5th long pointless punt upfield we all just stand up and face the back of the stand. Not like we're allowed to boo or express our discontent, heck we're all supposed to just turn up and expect nothing because luck will save us. Problem being you need to work in order to get lucky and take advantage of that luck. No point getting possession back luckily if you are then expecting McMullan to apply some end product to it or Carswell to turn and start an attack.

It's easy to support the team when we're playing well. It's hard when we're not. It's hard just now.

There's clearly lot of our fans who have chucked it recently cause of performances, this is how it goes. When the good times come back they'll be first in the queue for tickets. As with all clubs, we have some fair weather fans and some die hard fans.

The game... I think we will take a pretty decent crowd to this one and I'm quite looking forward to the game.

The new club really aren't a good side and certainly aren't to be feared. Both the games between us this season have been close and I think this one will be too. We have a chance of making a cup final, an outside chance but a chance indeed.

Imagine making a cup final at Ibrox against them? Wouldn't be one you'd want to miss.

It's easy to support the team when we're playing well. It's hard when we're not. It's hard just now.

There's clearly lot of our fans who have chucked it recently cause of performances, this is how it goes. When the good times come back they'll be first in the queue for tickets. As with all clubs, we have some fair weather fans and some die hard fans.

The game... I think we will take a pretty decent crowd to this one and I'm quite looking forward to the game.

The new club really aren't a good side and certainly aren't to be feared. Both the games between us this season have been close and I think this one will be too. We have a chance of making a cup final, an outside chance but a chance indeed.

Imagine making a cup final at Ibrox against them? Wouldn't be one you'd want to miss.

Nope , winning a 'Mickey Mouse' cup should not be in our thoughts.

This game is not what you could class as a nice 'distraction' from League duty.

There are greater issues at our club that require addressing and winning a cup like this would not even 'paper over the cracks'.

Alex Miller is a man with much more national & european experience than in his previous stint with our club.

I would much rather remove his 'distraction' (Murray) and let him have a free reign until end of the season ( although I do not think Murray will be sacked this year at all) than win this cup.

That said , wouldn't it be just like us to win this in the face of adversity ?

Still , always wanting us to win regardless.

COYS !

Prediction however ;

Sevco 5 - 1 Saints

Edited by whydowebother

TBH I would take 8th and winning the challenge cup right now.

There's no chance we will make the promotion playoffs. We should (should) have enough to avoid the relegation playoffs. I can't believe even Ian Murray could lead this squad to 9th of lower.

Therefore the league campaign is a write off IMO. We will most likely finish somewhere between 8th and 5th. It's all about the cups for the rest of the campaign.

TBH I would take 8th and winning the challenge cup right now.

There's no chance we will make the promotion playoffs. We should (should) have enough to avoid the relegation playoffs. I can't believe even Ian Murray could lead this squad to 9th of lower.

Therefore the league campaign is a write off IMO. We will most likely finish somewhere between 8th and 5th. It's all about the cups for the rest of the campaign.

I appreciate your point of view. Likewise , I always 'want' us to win every game , however I know that we have to realise that can't happen.

Still , I hope to watch us put in an unexpected performance ...

that's the spirit...hope u won't be going to final if we make it, if everybody turned their backs we would have no team to support...

Saints will still get a slice of the the rangers gate.

And, for myself, I've paid my dues upfront via an ST. I don't want to compound that with having my eyes bleeding watching the mince on show.