Bye Bye Spalding?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1446476111.161551.jpg

Confirmed on OS.

Our first mutual consent for a good few months. Won't be the last this season, I suspect.

We love a mutual consent these days, wish they'd just say sacked it's much more dramatic.

In my time supporting Saints we have had 8 managers, 4 of them have been in the last 18 months!

We love a mutual consent these days, wish they'd just say sacked it's much more dramatic.

In my time supporting Saints we have had 8 managers, 4 of them have been in the last 18 months!

that wasn't nice Irvine Buddie, you just knew everyone would start counting managers appointed in their time as a Saints Supporter........19 in my case a certain Mr Fitzpatrick is in there twice!!

So I'm assuming that we have now paid compensation to spalding and will appoint another number two who may well also get punted if Ian Murray doesn't hack it after making changes to his back room staff.

Either that or the board are appointing the next St mirren manager by appointing an assistant that will make Ian Murrays stay untenable.

Strange business again by the BOD.

that wasn't nice Irvine Buddie, you just knew everyone would start counting managers appointed in their time as a Saints Supporter........19 in my case a certain Mr Fitzpatrick is in there twice!!

I can say 32 in my case including interim managers and Iain Munro who was only in post for 1 day. 7 since 2000 and 4 since May 2014 .... nothing like having consistency .....

Feel for Mark. Scapegoat here and suspect (could be wrong) he left a paid job/career to take up full time role at saints and he's been ousted. Wish him all the best, sure he's a great coach and with a bit more experience will prove a few wrong.

This however suggests that Murray doesn't have the know how to coach and or tactically prepare at this level and needs some help. I like the idea that some more experience will help, think it will, but the BoD will be a little annoyed that Murray at interview sold them on fact he could deliver us back to premiership with Mark as his No.2

Fair play to BoD for giving him another chance on some fixed timeframe to get us up the league. But we can't wait forever.

Murray should go too. He is to blame not the assistant. He had thrown his mate under here and it stinks.

Have posted a few times that someone with experience should be brought in to help Murray out clearly we don't have capital to change so this makes better sense.

Would not be surprised to see Alex Miller come in for support and guidance after all he has offered his services already to the club. Has the experience being a coach at big clubs. Liverpool are very much a family club so would imagine he has good contacts there. Time will tell.

We need to give Murray more time. Otherwise we will go onto our 5th manager in 18 months. This constant changing of managers has taken us in one unavoidable direction. At some point we need to, as fans, display some patience.

I think we should have had an experienced guy beside Murray from the off, as he is a very young manager. Employing a completely unexperienced young guy as assistant had us on a hiding to nothing. It was Murray's choice, but the board should have insisted.

I'll be very interested to see who they bring in as assistant. Crucial for the club.

Spalding was way out of his depth and shouldn't have been appointed .

But I have to agree with some posts , the reason we are where we are is not Spaldings fault .

How many more bad decisions can our club make ?

We've made a series of bad decisions. Are you confident of a good manager coming in for Murray if he goes? I'd suggest not. Better to stick with Murray through the difficult time, give him some experience alongside him.

Is it not better to appoint an experienced manager with someone less experienced as his assistant as ultimately the manager makes the decisions? Otherwise we have a puppet.

Too late for that - we have a manager. Might be easier to get an experienced assistant than an experienced manager, given costs involved.

Too late for that - we have a manager. Might be easier to get an experienced assistant than an experienced manager, given costs involved.

I suspect that is the reality of the situation. I also suspect, however, that Murray might have been told that this is the last throw of the dice.

Let's go a step further, the people that appointed Murray, Teale and Tommy Craig aren't they more culpable?

Why yes Kendo, why yes indeed.

However the most immediate concern must be the current freefall in the fortunes of our first team playing squad and I am afraid this cowardly act of removing Mark Spalding but leaving his supervisor in post is just disgraceful.

The one being removed should be Ian Murray or alternatively remove both of them. This act however is the act of cowards trying to save money.

Mr Ian Murray clearly does not value his dignity by staying in post while Mr Spalding pays for HIS mistakes and our board have behaved appallingly.

Mr Spalding deserved better.