Bye Bye Spalding?

Why is it a joke?

He was part of a team that wasn't working out. One option is to bag the entire team at significant cost, while the other is to try a different fit in the hope that something will click.

I'm not suggesting changing the number two will be a panacea. Indeed, I very much have my doubts, but this is one option to consider, and better that than inaction.

Because an assistant is there to assist the manager. The buck stops with Murray. It is Murray that is picking the team and the tactics that are failing. The only way Spalding should be going is if Murray is going with him.

In the name of God!! It isn't the fault of an assistant manager if the team, tactics, selections etc are pure rank rotten. First and foremost its the bloody manager. Seems Spalding is a bit of a scapegoat here. Oh well. Here's to yet another shitty appointment whoever it may be.

Yup, seems a bit unfair on the face of it.

However if it is an opportunity then to hell with fair play and sentiment , its time to kick arses in all honesty and kick start some kind of friggin shape and momentum about the lot of them.

The team is utterly devoid of a steady line up, no midfiled system that can hold and recycle, also we need pace and more fundamentally some grit and belief, that's the first ingredient to restore.

Helluva job given the contraints that everyone is toiling under at the present time but something just has to give here, otherwise we're looking to out gun part timers just to stay in this wretched football desert in the first place.

Because an assistant is there to assist the manager. The buck stops with Murray. It is Murray that is picking the team and the tactics that are failing. The only way Spalding should be going is if Murray is going with him.

Aye, but if there's not enough money to sack them both, are you advocating that there shouldn't be any change?

I'm not defending Murray, but someone's decided that some sort of change needs to be made, and I'm not sure how many folk would disagree with that.

Agree with others that Spalding is a bit of a scapegoat here, but a change was needed somewhere. At least something is being done.

Interesting to see who we bring in. Ross definitely seemed to click with Murray, but does he fit the mould of being an 'experienced' assistant? Not sure.

Nichol, Miller, Malpas, etc seem to fit the bill. Plenty out there.

If true then it's an act of a desperate man trying to cling on to his job.

Last chance saloon stuff for sure.

Not so sure.

We finished 11th out of 12 with Danny Lennon and Ian Jenkins, Lennon got rid of Jenkins and lasted 3 more years and was pretty successful.

As above, if it were that simple why would they need an assistant at all?

Problem is we bring in an Assistant then Murray gets bumped in a couple of months then we have to pay off the Assistant as well or make him the manager. More money wasted on guesswork. Just bring in John Hughes as Manager when he leaves ICT :)

Not so sure.

We finished 11th out of 12 with Danny Lennon and Ian Jenkins, Lennon got rid of Jenkins and lasted 3 more years and was pretty successful.

As above, if it were that simple why would they need an assistant at all?

If it works then it's worth it for Murray, but it's a desperate move.

Agree with others that Spalding is a bit of a scapegoat here, but a change was needed somewhere. At least something is being done.

Interesting to see who we bring in. Ross definitely seemed to click with Murray, but does he fit the mould of being an 'experienced' assistant? Not sure.

Nichol, Miller, Malpas, etc seem to fit the bill. Plenty out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miller gets it. Said during the summer he offered his services to the club last season for sod all, which would appeal to the club. He was at the Hibs game yesterday - invited as a former manager or doing some scouting on future opponents?

I wouldn't be surprised if Miller gets it. Said during the summer he offered his services to the club last season for sod all, which would appeal to the club. He was at the Hibs game yesterday - invited as a former manager or doing some scouting on future opponents?

Did he not say it was for no more that the previous manager was receiving?

I doubt if Alex Miller would entertain acting as assistant to a young manager in the Championship.

What an absolute cop out by the board! Shameless face saving exercise dumping Spalding so they dont lose more face by having to admit Murray is a dud..!

It doesnt matter who they bring in to work beside the "Clueless One"... You can't polish a turd..!

Berwick who have more points on the board in their league than we have in ours took the big decision and sacked a poorly performing manager. Our board are only interested in trying not to look the hopeless shower of shift they have become.

Edited by Lord Pityme

My Dumbarton supporting colleague said when we took on Spalding that he was basically a yes man at Dumbarton and Murray was much more successful when he had someone who would disagree with him or at least tweak his ideas. It may seem like Spalding is being made a scapegoat but they were never going to fire Murray so at least this might alter the dynamic enough to kick start our season.