Bye Bye Spalding?

Spalding was way out of his depth and shouldn't have been appointed .

But I have to agree with some posts , the reason we are where we are is not Spaldings fault .

How many more bad decisions can our club make ?

how the hell do you know spalding was way out his depth?

Were you working with him?

He was only an assistant not the manager who makes the decisions

Why yes Kendo, why yes indeed.

However the most immediate concern must be the current freefall in the fortunes of our first team playing squad and I am afraid this cowardly act of removing Mark Spalding but leaving his supervisor in post is just disgraceful.

The one being removed should be Ian Murray or alternatively remove both of them. This act however is the act of cowards trying to save money.

Mr Ian Murray clearly does not value his dignity by staying in post while Mr Spalding pays for HIS mistakes and our board have behaved appallingly.

Mr Spalding deserved better.

Perhaps Murray has a good relationship with the players but Spalding wasn't rated by them? You just don't know.

However I fear that you could be correct, we will soon find out.

The problem with Spalding was that he was a David Longwell type.

A guy who had never played professional football, talked a good game but didn't actually know what he was doing.

In the care sector... if you hung about long enough you ended up a manager.

A strange thing happened though...

They realised that the majority of services were being managed by people who couldn't manage! Good care workers with a wealth of experience... but poor managers.

Nowadays you need a knowledge of the job your workers do... and management qualifications.

Personally, I don't think it is important that a coach or manager has been a player of any regard at all... I'd much rather they could identify what was needed to improve things and have the skills to effectively manage that change.

In the care sector... if you hung about long enough you ended up a manager.

A strange thing happened though...

They realised that the majority of services were being managed by people who couldn't manage! Good care workers with a wealth of experience... but poor managers.

Nowadays you need a knowledge of the job your workers do... and management qualifications.

Personally, I don't think it is important that a coach or manager has been a player of any regard at all... I'd much rather they could identify what was needed to improve things and have the skills to effectively manage that change.

The difference in football is you need to be respected by the players or you've had it. Not too sure that the players would respect being told how to play and what they need to do to improve by someone that hasn't played professional football. Without the players respect the manager doesn't stand a chance.

Worth a look at the comments from Dumbarton fans in the summer.

There's that story about a senior Dumbarton player who shat himself laughing when Spalding got the gig.

Then there are the comments that Murray needs a strong number 2. They called this exact scenario from day 1 of Murray's appointment.

If an experienced hand is what's needed, then fine.

What we can't have is some has been/never was who fancies this as a chance to reignite his management career, and who will behave as such.

f**king hell, what a mess.

The difference in football is you need to be respected by the players or you've had it. Not too sure that the players would respect being told how to play and what they need to do to improve by someone that hasn't played professional football. Without the players respect the manager doesn't stand a chance.

Jose mourinho didn't do too bad for not really having a career as a footballer

Craig, Goodwin, Teale, Longwell, Spalding, Murray, A.N.Other

Revolving door or what? And how many of them got or are still getting their SMFC management salaries through to May '16.

I was really surprised to see this announcement today. We're not in a critical situation: it was always going to be very difficult to go up this season and we'll probably have enough to stay up. It's not like we're in March just now and relegation is a distinct possibility.

Eyes must be on the long-term, yet there must have been something that wasn't working day-to-day that the board felt was not recoverable with Murray/Spalding. That is pretty drastic 4 months into a job.

No question that Murray's under huge pressure now, and he'll most likely have his assistant selected for him. Will that improve our fortunes on the park? Who knows? It's yet another huge call by the board and their past few have put us in freefall. Let's hope this time's different.

Has there been any confirmation that this was the BOD's decision?

Perhaps it was Murray's call to 'mutual consent' him...?

The statement thanked Spalding for putting the club and manager first which was an interesting comment. An offer of either one of you or both of you goes? Who knows?

I'd imagine an appointment will be made tomorrow. Spalding usually takes training, so Murrray (maybe Longwell?) will probably take it but it'd be good to get someone straight in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's already a done deal with whoever it is.

Here may be the problem. Poor results and lackluster performances yet the number 2 takes the training when what's needed is a rocket up the arse and strong direction from the top.