Confirmed - Alex Miller In

Kemp

Well he certainly has experience.

His last role in the UK was assisting Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.

He also had a pretty successful managerial spell with our good selves 30 years ago.

Good appointment on paper and hopefully things start to turn around. If they don't, I suspect he will be our manager by Christmas anyway.

He's a ruthless bastard BTW , get ready for some of your favourite players getting the cold shoulder treatment and being shown the door. He has previous !

You're not suggesting he could get rid of Thomno and Goodwin are you :) Edited by proudtobeabuddy

He's a ruthless bastard BTW , get ready for some of your favourite players getting the cold shoulder treatment and being shown the door. He has previous !

Not before time. Eric Sinclair was a belter, not my player I didn't sign him goodbye :-)

Well he certainly has experience.

His last role in the UK was assisting Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.

He also had a pretty successful managerial spell with our good selves 30 years ago.

Good appointment on paper and hopefully things start to turn around. If they don't, I suspect he will be our manager by Christmas anyway.

Yep, I suspect that's the way its going.

It's kind of ironic though. I can remember when Miller left St Mirren to join Hibs. That weekend St Mirren were at home and Wallace Mercer was seen walking by the Love Street end. I remember a crowd of St Mirren fans behind me shouting at Mercer saying that he would be delighted that "that clown" had taken over at Hibs and Mercer giving them a smile and a nod in agreement. Plenty of St Mirren fans were delighted to see the back of Miller in 1986. I can remember the protests outside the main stand as fans tried desperately to convince the board to get rid of him. Indeed when he left to be replaced by Alex Smith I can remember the kind of freedom and joy the players started to play with. Ironic that the same fans are welcoming him back these days and hoping that his negative tactics will help stop the clubs decline.

He should be a good appointment so long as Murray and him can get the dynamic right. Surely Murrays job for the next few months will be to make the tea whilst Miller roots out all the problems.

Yep, I suspect that's the way its going.

It's kind of ironic though. I can remember when Miller left St Mirren to join Hibs. That weekend St Mirren were at home and Wallace Mercer was seen walking by the Love Street end. I remember a crowd of St Mirren fans behind me shouting at Mercer saying that he would be delighted that "that clown" had taken over at Hibs and Mercer giving them a smile and a nod in agreement. Plenty of St Mirren fans were delighted to see the back of Miller in 1986. I can remember the protests outside the main stand as fans tried desperately to convince the board to get rid of him. Indeed when he left to be replaced by Alex Smith I can remember the kind of freedom and joy the players started to play with. Ironic that the same fans are welcoming him back these days and hoping that his negative tactics will help stop the clubs decline.

He should be a good appointment so long as Murray and him can get the dynamic right. Surely Murrays job for the next few months will be to make the tea whilst Miller roots out all the problems.

Since those days he's also worked with fantastic players at Liverpool. He has a wealth of experience to offer and we can surely only benefit from this.

I suspect that's what we need although the problem is we have 2 months till we can bring players in.

We brought Reid in on loan last week ,there are ways around it when we're not in the top league. Whatever happens in the short term I'm now expecting a good few to leave the premises during January !

We brought Reid in on loan last week ,there are ways around it when we're not in the top league. Whatever happens in the short term I'm now expecting a good few to leave the premises during January !

Let's hope he has contacts that he can use to get us a few new faces in quickly to freshen things up. In the short term let's hope the players are given the boot up the arse they sorely need and Miller is just the man for that :)

Exactly. Miller is in to run the show. Murray is in as apprentice as we can't afford to bag him. Poor Spalding tho what a disgusting way to be treated. Murray should have went too

Poor Spalding nothing. Guy was out of his depth. Football is a tough business and he's learnt the hard way. Time to move on.