Confirmed - Alex Miller In

Kemp

SG, then Miller, is pulling the strings. We probably cannot afford to bag Murray just now so if we are paying him at least keep him on to see if he can improve with Millers help - Miller would need some sort of assistant anyway if Murray was bagged. If things go rapidly down hill for Murray at least we have someone experienced at the helm in the short term who can completely take over at little cost.

It was 30 years ago. The club as it is now bears virtually no resemblance to what is was back then.

Really? If you believe that then fine. I on the other hand think there is no difference! No forward thinking, no long term planning, consistent poor appointments... the list could and would go on and on. I would go as far to say that the clubs philosophy hasn't changed from as far as I have supported them and that's over 40 years!

It's a bit of a no-brainer really.

I am fairly sure Miller offered to work for free last time round, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he's doing this consultancy role for expenses only.

Meanwhile we will have had to reach a compromise agreement with Spalding.

I would think Murray's jacket is very much on a shaky peg but it's difficult to imagine where we would get the finances from to sack him. The limited funds we do have at the club have been squandered all over the place in the last few years both paying players to go away from their contracts, and sacking managers.

Hopefully Miller will be the line in the sand where it stops and we start making hard nosed footballing decisions that see this wastefulness stop and see the team arrest it's alarming decline.

Anything that arrests this terminal like decline is fine by me............

The key is 'hard nosed footballing decisions', they dont need to be expensive , they don't need to be fanciful, they need to be direct and honest.

Our club has been a f**kin shambles frankly by and large since we relocated. Its been dismal at Greenhell

Time for some graft and honesty, some plan , shape and a purpose. As someone said earlier quite a few may well be offski come January, but surely to christ the decline stops now to a large extent.

Fans are there, loyal and desperate to buy into a mission, lets get it going here...................

Our club has been a f**kin shambles frankly by and large since we relocated. Its been dismal at Greenhell

8th place finishes, national cup finals, national trophy, beating both Old Firm including thrashing Celtic 4-0.

It's not been that bad, last 12 months has been a disaster but prior to that?

Really? If you believe that then fine. I on the other hand think there is no difference! No forward thinking, no long term planning, consistent poor appointments... the list could and would go on and on. I would go as far to say that the clubs philosophy hasn't changed from as far as I have supported them and that's over 40 years!

When you put it that way....

SG, then Miller, is pulling the strings. We probably cannot afford to bag Murray just now so if we are paying him at least keep him on to see if he can improve with Millers help - Miller would need some sort of assistant anyway if Murray was bagged. If things go rapidly down hill for Murray at least we have someone experienced at the helm in the short term who can completely take over at little cost.

If Alex Miller has genuinely been drafted in to 'pull the strings', with Murray effectively demoted in rank, standing, stature.. Whatever, then what a truly dismal state of affairs. Can't afford to bag him, so we have him standing there in the club suit and tie like a spare prick at a wedding? Is the intention to force Murray, for the sake of his dignity and future employment prospects, to walk away as his position has become untenable?

Or has an auld head simply been brought in to assist a struggling younger manager?

Hopefully the latter, but this club has got itself into a right fcuking state. Would be funny if it weren't so painful.

Edited by pozbaird

Its a wise move bringing in Miller by the club. Also not discarding a young manager supporting him with experience winners all round depending how you look at it. The board have proved astute yet again in our hour of need.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Its a wise move bringing in Miller by the club. Also not discarding a young manager supporting him with experience winners all round depending how you look at it. The board have proved astute yet again in our hour of need.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't go shouting from the roof tops just yet. I didn't like him when he was last here.

We will soon find out.

Watched the STV piece. He's not after Murray's job. It's Murray's idea to bring Miller in. Miller hasn't been imposed upon him, nor have the BoD interfered. Followed by footage of a St Mirren training session which saw Miller barking orders and Murray standing looking on with the other players.

In the name of the wee man... Hold on... No, my other leg doesn't have bells on, so no-one need pull it.

FFS.

Watched the STV piece. He's not after Murray's job. It's Murray's idea to bring Miller in. Miller hasn't been imposed upon him, nor have the BoD interfered. Followed by footage of a St Mirren training session which saw Miller barking orders and Murray standing looking on with the other players.

In the name of the wee man... Hold on... No, my other leg doesn't have bells on, so no-one need pull it.

FFS.

Horrendous crossing and finishing going on in the background during that interview, get it sorted Miller

8th place finishes, national cup finals, national trophy, beating both Old Firm including thrashing Celtic 4-0.

It's not been that bad, last 12 months has been a disaster but prior to that?

Club has drifted fairly much since we broke moorings at love street. The feel around the club and the connection with the fans as far as I'm concerned has been underwhelming. I'm still waiting on the feel good factor since we moved, a day at hampden excepted.

As a supporter experience Greenhell is just not doing it.

Still , it's not about me, it's the club and its survival in whatever guise. Personally, I've pretty much suffered us in the main for the last few years.

C'est la vie

IoBS. "Its a wise move bringing in Miller by the club. Also not discarding a young manager supporting him with experience winners all round depending how you look at it. The board have proved astute yet again in our hour of need."

I really hope you're taking the Piss! It was the f**kin board who got us in to this mess !!!

Dear god have you ever seen somone as 'owned' as Murray in that stv piece

"Yes we need to see if it suits Alex, and I need to see if it suits Alex too"

You can just picture it, murray coming into training tomorrow, and Miller is already there holding court in Murray's office.... "Oh Ian glad you could make it... I just needed somewhere to go over selection and tactics with the senior lads, you dont mind us using your office... Do you?"

"Errr no, aye naw... Go ahead Alex, can I chip in to help"

Silence...

"We could use a brew"

"Aw... Aye right... You want me to make them?"

"You dont mind, we're just, you know... Getting into it here"

"Aye ok, i'll make the brews, back in two minutes"

"Ian....!"

"What?"

"Close the door pal"

Murray closes the door, as he turns away loud laughter is heard from the office.

He turns to look back, his nameplate is missing... He murmurs under his breath.

"Auld bastart!"

Yes there were some great games in the 80's under Alex Miller (beating Dundee United 4-0, beating Sellic 4-2, beating Rangers every season at Love Street and of course the famous European win over Slavia Prague).

However Mr.Miller also presided over the Hammarby disaster and the Sellic 5-0 last game of the season debacle which as we all know many fans of Hearts and Rangers have great delight in reminding us in their own words 'that St.Mirren lay doon to Sellic that day' I have reminded many of them that the goalkeeper that day was Jim Stewart (now at Sevco and ex Rangers keeper), right back was Tommy Wilson (future Rangers coach), up front was Kenny McDowall (future Sevco coach/manager) and First Team Manager Alex (Humphy) Miller (ex Rangers left back). None of this seems to have any great effect on their lowly opinion and thanks to Mr. Miller many of us Saints fans (of a certain age) have had to put up with this garbage for 30 years.

Do I welcome him back?? Frankly no, I mean this guy set up a swap deal with Dundee with Lex Richardson and John McCormack going to Dens and Peter effin Mackie and Eric (one game) Sinclair coming to Love Street. Wonder who got the better of that transfer????

Someone mentioned certain players being sold McDougal, McAvennie and Fulton to name but a few however, Ian Scanlon was never sold on, he picked up a career ending injury in 1985 and was never heard of again.

Looks like the board have yet again employed a pensioner to sort out the current shambles, god help us!!!

although I welcome the fact that someone with experience has been appointed ,who hopefully will help with the setting up of a team and the tactical awareness that mr murray has yet to learn,i don't think alex miller is the name any supporter or national newspaper had in mind,suppose we will have to give him a chance as our disaster of a bod have decided that's what we have to put up with,so lets hope that the percentages have to go for us some time and something has to work eventually

This is basically last chance saloon for Murray. If Miller is on a no contract working relationship then if we continue to flounder then the board can say well we tried. I think this is a low risk move by the board and if it works then it's all good. If not Miller moves on at nk cost and we sack Murray. I hope it works and we finally get back on track.

It's all a bit fishy Spalding sacked Alex Miller joins without a contract!

The fact that it was confirmed at 12 at night and when I picked up the Sun this morning it says Kenny McDowell looks to be St.Mirrens new Assistant manager!

Why has Miller not got a contract? Probably because it makes him cheaper to appoint if Murray doesn't get results quick!

I vaguely remember him and am happy to see someone with his pedigree and experience within our management team!

The fact he came back because he felt he owed St.Mirren something for giving him his first start as a football manager means he cares about the club!

Seems like a good appointment to me and far better than Spalding..

But the way it has all unfolded doesn't seem quite right!

I don't believe Murray picked Miller I don't believe Danny Lennon picked Tommy Craig when he was appointed!

I also noticed in the interview that he's not after the managers job... But that doesn't mean he won't take it if offered!

Thought the Board would do something after the Falkirk game but not this and honestly don't know what to think or feel about it.

So as a Saints fan of many years going to use a tactic of my own and cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Welcome back to the Club Alex

Do I welcome him back?? Frankly no, I mean this guy set up a swap deal with Dundee with Lex Richardson and John McCormack going to Dens and Peter effin Mackie and Eric (one game) Sinclair coming to Love Street. Wonder who got the better of that transfer????

Someone mentioned certain players being sold McDougal, McAvennie and Fulton to name but a few however, Ian Scanlon was never sold on, he picked up a career ending injury in 1985 and was never heard of again.

Looks like the board have yet again employed a pensioner to sort out the current shambles, god help us!!!

You have the memory of a pensioner !