Confirmed - Alex Miller In

Kemp

Way too much supposition, analysis and amatuer psychology going on here. Does it really matter how it came about that Miller is now helping Murray all that matters surely is whether it will work or not and no one knows that answer yet. Lets just see how this all pans out as ultimately it's what most on here wanted i.e. an old head to guide Murray.

Way too much supposition, analysis and amatuer psychology going on here. Does it really matter how it came about that Miller is now helping Murray all that matters surely is whether it will work or not and no one knows that answer yet. Lets just see how this all pans out as ultimately it's what most on here wanted i.e. an old head to guide Murray.

Quite right.

I've indulged in a bit of speculation, but - as I seem fond of saying recently - it is what it is.

I also think it is time to lay of Murray and give him a bit of breathing space to try and work with Miller to turns things around.

Yes it matters, it matters to me. It will also matter to Mr Mark Spalding and his family who will undoubtedly suffer due to said Mr Spalding losing his employment with our club.

I sincerely hope Mr Spalding finds new employment soon and he and his family can have a Merry Chrismas.

I sincerely hope Mr Spalding finds new employment soon and he and his family can have a Merry Chrismas.

Find a wee laddie, give him a penny, and ask him to go to the local butchers shop and buy the big turkey in the window. Have the lad take it round to Bob Spalding and his family.

God bless us, every one!

I would guess that's whether you've got a boner for giving the board and the manager a hard time for absolutely everything they do or not....personally I'm hoping they get it right and can see some sense in this current appointment.

Yes it matters, it matters to me. It will also matter to Mr Mark Spalding and his family who will undoubtedly suffer due to said Mr Spalding losing his employment with our club.

He isn't the first and unfortunately won't be the last player / manager / assistant we have bagged . Yes unfortunate for one and all but it happens all the time in football. I never felt any affinity what-so-ever to Spalding and I honestly can't say that it hurt me that much to see the guy go.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

You mean the Mark Spalding that has received more than adequate recompense for his services and has already been offered jobs by clubs in this country and abroad.

He's off to Italy to study Sampdoria training as his mate has offered him this opportunity.

It's a hard life indeed.

I am really happy the board has acted however if we do climb the table then I think it will be down to miller and at that point Miller and murray should switch roles at the club. I hope things do turn but my faith in murrays ability to manage at this level at this moment in time is gone

Edited by fan4ever

Find a wee laddie, give him a penny, and ask him to go to the local butchers shop and buy the big turkey in the window. Have the lad take it round to Bob Spalding and his family.

God bless us, every one!

Gawd bless ya Mister Drooge. Edited by scottd

Has Mr Miller accumulated enough wealth in his own right to consider buying the club? Perhaps he wants to try before he buys and no better way than to be involved in the day to day running of affairs. He will be vey familiar with the infrastructure of successful clubs so he might be in a position to offer advice on more than just the coaching side of things. Oh, and another thing, his brother Jimmy lives here and is a really good guy.

Titanic etc....

There is also a video interview with Murray available on the STV site, now.

Murray claiming it was his decision to bring Miller in....

To be fair I'm sure it would have been Murray's decision.

I expect Gilmour would have said to Murray "Either we bring Miller in as your assistant or you're sacked. You choose"

Still don't completely understand the reasoning for making Spalding the scapegoat here, when he is really being sacked for Murrays failings.

Having said that it was obvious something needed to be done and it's possible this may work out.

Mind you it's been apparent things weren't going to work out since Spalding was appointed in June.