Have We Now Won The League Cup In 2010 (Sevo Lose Big Tax Case)

Sonny

TTFKAR have lost the big tax case. Although it does not affect the current zombie club (unfortunately) it alludes that they gained unfair advantages by using EBTs to pay staff. Could their titles during that period be scrapped and we are now League Cup Winners 2010 :)

Furthermore, so far as the footballers are concerned, at least, it seems to us that if bonuses had not been paid they might well have taken their services elsewhere. We realise that the fifth respondent [RFC 2012] was in, potentially, a difficult financial position, competing for good players in an international market where other countries may not have the same rigorous approach to taxation as the United Kingdom. Nevertheless, the law is clear: the payments made in respect of footballers were in our view derived from their employment and thus the payments were emoluments or earnings.”

Dunno who "sevo" are in your headline - but neither them nor Sevco have anything to do with the Tax case.

Despite me believing that it would be right for the titles to be withdrawn, or just noted with a wee asterisk as being improperly won, I don't believe the authorities will have the baws to do the right thing.

For years now they've willingly colluded in the spivvery emanating from the Phoenix club up the Copeland Road.

They are as guilty as the deid club was.

And most of the Clubs and chairmen of the SFA have let them/those 'responsible' (not the best word to describe Ogilvie, Doncaster and Reagan) stay in their jobs.

FWIW, I'd be embarrassed if Saints were to be awarded THAT League Cup. Yes, they cheated, but 9 men...?!! Huh.

Lots of grumpy bears in denial this morning it appears

Quotes like , "we all evade tax in our lives whenever we can" and , "all clubs are at it" type of bollox. "Ye cannae get a penny now anyway, that was an oldco doesn't affect the Rangers". The classic, "folk go bust all the time in business and start up again".

FFS

Let's be honest here, TTFNAR were at it , plain and simple, they benefitted from a scheme that avoided tax liability, not the players fault, you go where the rate or salary appeals. Imagine a loan that you don't have to pay back , oh really ?????????? However to propose TTFNAR didn't gain an advantage on the playing front across these years through their use of EBT's is just being plain dishonest. Lord Nimmo Smith got that particularly wrong. Good to see Drummond addressing that and applying some honesty and appropriate perspective.

As for the op, I wouldn't want the League Cup from that dismal day, too shameful, but I would like to see the Football Authorities put an asterisk against TTFNAR trophies in that era. That would cause appropriate simmering rage amongst the smug Hanoverian hordes.

I hate that game being referred to as us not being able to beat 9 men. Yes it was pish that we couldn't take advantage but we didn't play the entire game against 9 men - just the last 20 mins!!!!!

Nonethef**kinless!

:angry:

It was shite, but it was our unique brand of St Mirren shite. :(

Lots of grumpy bears in denial this morning it appears

Quotes like , "we all evade tax in our lives whenever we can" and , "all clubs are at it" type of bollox. "Ye cannae get a penny now anyway, that was an oldco doesn't affect the Rangers". The classic, "folk go bust all the time in business and start up again".

FFS

Let's be honest here, TTFNAR were at it , plain and simple, they benefitted from a scheme that avoided tax liability, not the players fault, you go where the rate or salary appeals. Imagine a loan that you don't have to pay back , oh really ?????????? However to propose TTFNAR didn't gain an advantage on the playing front across these years through their use of EBT's is just being plain dishonest. Lord Nimmo Smith got that particularly wrong. Good to see Drummond addressing that and applying some honesty and appropriate perspective.

As for the op, I wouldn't want the League Cup from that dismal day, too shameful, but I would like to see the Football Authorities put an asterisk against TTFNAR trophies in that era. That would cause appropriate simmering rage amongst the smug Hanoverian hordes.

Am i being thick ? (dont answer that !) What does TTFNAR mean ?