Fans As Poor As The Team

Stuart, where your point about Rangers spending more time in the opposition box begins to fall apart is when you look at Rangers 1979-1986.

Despite only being the 4th most successful league side in Scotland during this period, and averaging only 4 points per season more than St. Mirren...

They managed to win more major trophies than St.Mirren had managed in our entire history.

They managed to reach more cup finals than Dundee United and Aberdeen.

Scottish referees are massively influenced by the Old Firm crowds.

Refereeing decisions massively distort the outcome of games... And the crowd okays a big part in that.

What crowds? During that period in Rangers history they we playing in front of sub 15000 crowds, often in an open ended wind tunnel as stands were being built.

Stuart, where your point about Rangers spending more time in the opposition box begins to fall apart is when you look at Rangers 1979-1986.

Despite only being the 4th most successful league side in Scotland during this period, and averaging only 4 points per season more than St. Mirren...

They managed to win more major trophies than St.Mirren had managed in our entire history.

They managed to reach more cup finals than Dundee United and Aberdeen.

Scottish referees are massively influenced by the Old Firm crowds.

Refereeing decisions massively distort the outcome of games... And the crowd okays a big part in that.

Nothing to do with crowds

Referees under orders from our corrupt SFA to make sure Oldco reached the finals in those days

Along with rigged draws giving them the easy routes possible as they were guff

OK I confess - I could not face seeing us getting another drubbing at home today - and I was invited to Tynecastle along with Saints legend Jimmy Bone.

Over 16,000 fans saw a brilliant performance from the home team. Their defence were perfect - yep perfect all match. Their midfield were creative and the forwards worked their socks off.

All in all Hearts had superior ability, and not one of their 14 players (including the 3 subs) had an off day.

Professional - organised, quality, well managed - only last season or the season before we were better than them.

It is definitely possible - but we need to have some real ambition, make better decisions and find the resources to make it happen.

It would be much easier for me to become a Hearts fan - but I am neither a glory hunter nor a turncoat - Saints will always be my team - but we need a better team than we have at present - there must be funds for Miller come January or relegation struggle is highly likely in what is heading to a pretty disastrous season.

Edited by Sweeper07

Nothing to do with crowds

Referees under orders from our corrupt SFA to make sure Oldco reached the finals in those days

Along with rigged draws giving them the easy routes possible as they were guff

Ach, St Mirren fans and their conspiracies. rolleyes.gif

Got to admit though, watching Brian McGinlay give Rangers "that" goal in the Scottish Cup Semi Final replay at Hampden Park, and having seen Rangers being awarded a penalty in the second leg of the League Cup Semi Final a few years before that certainly I would have believed it back then too.

I certainly don't think it was crowd influence though. The big empty Ibrox Stadium that was from that era would have filled no-one with any fear whatsoever. Cammy Fraser even believed it was safe enough to flick a couple of fingers at his own supporters back then.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Ach, St Mirren fans and their conspiracies. rolleyes.gif

Got to admit though, watching Brian McGinlay give Rangers "that" goal in the Scottish Cup Semi Final replay at Hampden Park, and having seen Rangers being awarded a penalty in the second leg of the League Cup Semi Final a few years before that certainly I would have believed it back then too.

I certainly don't think it was crowd influence though. The big empty Ibrox Stadium that was from that era would have filled no-one with any fear whatsoever. Cammy Fraser even believed it was safe enough to flick a couple of fingers at his own supporters back then.

Not just St Mirren those days

The mighty Forfar a couple of times as well