Remembrance And The Piper

The powers that be at the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co do not get very much right these days but I must make special mention of the rembrance tribute before kick off today.

Absolutely brilliant.

My understanding is that the fans council made the arrangements so a huge thank you from one very proud fan today. I do hope the old soldiers were treated like the kings they are and they enjoyed the best hospitality our club has to offer.

Well done again.

It was very well observed. Any truth in the rumour that the gentlemen in the wheelchairs are the last people to witness a St Mirren home league victory?

Didn't realise how loud the planes taking off from the airport are until one does it during a minute's silence.

TT, myself and colleagues from the fans council arranged today's treat for the Veterans. They along with the 4th Paras had soup/sandwiches/ Tea/ Coffee and Cakes. Half time hot drinks were provide too. And at full time they were all invited in for a wee dram and a bottle of beer. They all had a great time. This was all done with the full help on the the following SMFC, Brian Caldwell, Sally Mcdonald, Rosalind Carr, 4th Para, Michael Kerr (piper) Allan Picken. It was a pleasure in organising this event. One of the Veterans was a season ticket holder until recently when ill health forced him to give it up.

TT, myself and colleagues from the fans council arranged today's treat for the Veterans. They along with the 4th Paras had soup/sandwiches/ Tea/ Coffee and Cakes. Half time hot drinks were provide too. And at full time they were all invited in for a wee dram and a bottle of beer. They all had a great time. This was all done with the full help on the the following SMFC, Brian Caldwell, Sally Mcdonald, Rosalind Carr, 4th Para, Michael Kerr (piper) Allan Picken. It was a pleasure in organising this event. One of the Veterans was a season ticket holder until recently when ill health forced him to give it up.

Fantastic, hope you are all very proud, you should be.

It was indeed a very good commemoration. My great uncle was killed in WWI at the battle of Jutland, and my Grandmother's first husband, who was in the RAF was killed in WWII. I am glad that this time of year means that in our family they will never be forgotten, along with the great many others who have fought and died for their country.

Indeed, the sort of thing we do well, but how many of the poppys fell off shirts during the game??

Clearly the poppies were sadly lacking in Carbrini X Tech moisture wicking climate controlled body temperature climacool technology.....

I blame Alex Miller.

Edited by pozbaird