James Keatings.....

I see this ex Wishaw Wycombe player made the headlines today with a hat-trick. He's not had the best of seasons so far with him missing a few games through injury but I do feel I should point out that I have recommended this lad to people at St Mirren on three separate occasions throughout the years. The first was when he and ex Partick Thistle player Stephen O'Donnell were young boys playing in the Wishaw Wycombe 1992's squad before Aberdeen started to show an interest in both of them. The second was when Stephen O'Donnells father, Pat, told me that Keatings was about to be released by Celtic....he signed for Hamilton Accies. And the third was at the tail end of last season when I was told that he was about to be released from his contract by Hearts and that he would be available to sign for any club for free.

The lad has always been a prolific goalscorer. Maybe if that someone at St Mirren had just taken me a little bit more seriously and had managed to drive his car outside of Paisley St Mirren might just have had a little bit more of a goal threat, rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Keatings has been approached on more than one occasion. I've also "brought him to the attention of the club" not that it was ever needed.

On each occasion he turned us down.

Other players we've approached and been turned down on include Iain Harte and Robbie Winters.

I see this ex Wishaw Wycombe player made the headlines today with a hat-trick. He's not had the best of seasons so far with him missing a few games through injury but I do feel I should point out that I have recommended this lad to people at St Mirren on three separate occasions throughout the years. The first was when he and ex Partick Thistle player Stephen O'Donnell were young boys playing in the Wishaw Wycombe 1992's squad before Aberdeen started to show an interest in both of them. The second was when Stephen O'Donnells father, Pat, told me that Keatings was about to be released by Celtic....he signed for Hamilton Accies. And the third was at the tail end of last season when I was told that he was about to be released from his contract by Hearts and that he would be available to sign for any club for free.

The lad has always been a prolific goalscorer. Maybe if that someone at St Mirren had just taken me a little bit more seriously and had managed to drive his car outside of Paisley St Mirren might just have had a little bit more of a goal threat, rolleyes.gif

Really ?? huh.png When you look in the mirror your f**kin reflection doesn`t take you seriously ! blink.png

Maybe they had read some of the anti-SMFC, anti-SG, anti-Board, anti-every f'ing thing Saints orientated posts that you regularly make on here and thought any recommendation by you would be designed to undermine or disadvantage St Mirren?

... but would he be selected for the starting XI ahead of Thommo?

How?

Exactly my question too.

All Insaintee has said is that he also knew about Keatings and that he too had informed the club about the player and that he discovered the club already knew all about him. I don't know at what point Insaintee got involved but I had been watching Keatings and O'Donnell playing at juvenile level from around 2001-2. I'd forwarded on their names at that point too, long before Peter Weir had them both training at Wishaw Sports Centre with Aberdeen and long before Celtic started to take an interest in Keatings.

I know the O'Donnell family very well. Pat was the Wishaw Wycombe Chairman for many, many years and he was one of the coaches that took the 1992's team. He's keep me up to date with the progress of both players and I've been along to watch each and both of them many times throughout their fledgling careers. I don't know the Keatings family at all, but it is news to me that Keatings was ever a target for St Mirren.

There's no bullshit. Anyone using this website will have seen me talk about several ex Wishaw Wycombe lads who I have been tipping for the future for many years now. Keatings has always been one of them. Oaksoft is just desperate to shoot his load. I guess he's just gutted cause his footballing knowledge ranks down beside his business acumen and his researching capability. :rolleyes:

Exactly my question too.

All Insaintee has said is that he also knew about Keatings and that he too had informed the club about the player and that he discovered the club already knew all about him. I don't know at what point Insaintee got involved but I had been watching Keatings and O'Donnell playing at juvenile level from around 2001-2. I'd forwarded on their names at that point too, long before Peter Weir had them both training at Wishaw Sports Centre with Aberdeen and long before Celtic started to take an interest in Keatings.

I know the O'Donnell family very well. Pat was the Wishaw Wycombe Chairman for many, many years and he was one of the coaches that took the 1992's team. He's keep me up to date with the progress of both players and I've been along to watch each and both of them many times throughout their fledgling careers. I don't know the Keatings family at all, but it is news to me that Keatings was ever a target for St Mirren.

There's no bullshit. Anyone using this website will have seen me talk about several ex Wishaw Wycombe lads who I have been tipping for the future for many years now. Keatings has always been one of them. Oaksoft is just desperate to shoot his load. I guess he's just gutted cause his footballing knowledge ranks down beside his business acumen and his researching capability. rolleyes.gif

Keatings would never come here,can't afford him

We couldn't afford a player who rather play for Livi

I starting to wonder what's the point of our U/20 team

Doing well and yet no one from that team this season getting regular game time when we are really shite

The lad has always been a prolific goalscorer. Maybe if that someone at St Mirren had just taken me a little bit more seriously and had managed to drive his car outside of Paisley St Mirren might just have had a little bit more of a goal threat, :rolleyes:

What utter.Bollocks.....

Keatings was only BORN in 1992 ya fat lying pipe fitting chump.

Keatings would never come here,can't afford him

We couldn't afford a player who rather play for Livi

I starting to wonder what's the point of our U/20 team

Doing well and yet no one from that team this season getting regular game time when we are really shite

You're probably right now but as I understand it this is the first season where Keatings is earning more what the likes of Gow, Ball, and Marwood were all on at St Mirren.

I haven't seen the Under 20s play yet but the results from the Official Website don't look promising. They had a good run in October but they still lost a rather large number of goals. Are there players who should be getting a regular game? I saw McLear play for the first team a couple of times last season and I thought he looked pretty good but Cuddihy looked ridiculously exposed in the one first team match I saw him play this season.

What utter.Bollocks.....

Keatings was only BORN in 1992 ya fat lying pipe fitting chump.

What the f**k are you talking about? Is it that I said he played in Wishaw Wycombes 92's squad? If it is I guess you haven't worked out that in juvenille football thats a reference to the year of birth. My squad were the Wishaw Wycombe 98's team. They are all playing at Under 19's level now.

With that post you're beginning to look as stupid as Oaksoft. :rolleyes:

You're probably right now but as I understand it this is the first season where Keatings is earning more what the likes of Gow, Ball, and Marwood were all on at St Mirren.

I haven't seen the Under 20s play yet but the results from the Official Website don't look promising. They had a good run in October but they still lost a rather large number of goals. Are there players who should be getting a regular game? I saw McLear play for the first team a couple of times last season and I thought he looked pretty good but Cuddihy looked ridiculously exposed in the one first team match I saw him play this season.

McLear and Morgan should be getting more first team minutes