Ross & Miller To Save The Season!

Ross & Miller  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Billy Reid can gtf he is the last manager I want to see at our club.

As if to illustrate my point.

A manager who knows this division and has a proven track record of bringing young players through. If you'd rather stick with Murray though that's fine but we'll end up in League 1.

There is a manager out there who inherited a shambolic Saints side that was languishing in the lower reaches of the second tier.

He took us out of that division within 2 seasons as champions and kept us in the top flight for 5 seasons, taking us to a national cup semi final and a cup final along the way.

If you were to write your CV of the next manager you could do a lot worse !

Still no suggested alternatives..?

Why join the debate, if you have nothing to debate with?

I'd rather say eff all in your 'debate' than say the first two names that come into my head. St.Mirren are crying out for a MANAGER, not a novice. These young coaches need to gain experience with lower league teams in management. I don't understand where this obsession with Jack Ross came from. Its not as though he was any more than an average footballer anyway.

Div has hinted at Gus coming back. The stats show that he has been our most successful manager in half a century. It is beyond me why he had to go. He would be a good shout. Paul Lambert is out of work. He might be used to the big wage, but something perhaps the lure of helping his old team?

If not Gus or Paul, then take your pick from the many Scottish managers out of work.............

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=190&plus=0

I'd rather say eff all in your 'debate' than say the first two names that come into my head. St.Mirren are crying out for a MANAGER, not a novice. These young coaches need to gain experience with lower league teams in management. I don't understand where this obsession with Jack Ross came from. Its not as though he was any more than an average footballer anyway.

Div has hinted at Gus coming back. The stats show that he has been our most successful manager in half a century. It is beyond me why he had to go. He would be a good shout. Paul Lambert is out of work. He might be used to the big wage, but something perhaps the lure of helping his old team?

If not Gus or Paul, then take your pick from the many Scottish managers out of work.............

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=190&plus=0

Gus has been rank for years now, Lambert is way above our reach. Whats wrong with the suggestion of Miller taking over with Ross assisting till the ship is steadied?

Ross has a lot of what Murray lacks, intelligence, tactical nous, experience of working with his fellow pro's and footballing bodies and has done a great job developing and bringing on youth! Something we need to maintain to keep the advantage of growing our own players.

There is a manager out there who inherited a shambolic Saints side that was languishing in the lower reaches of the second tier.

He took us out of that division within 2 seasons as champions and kept us in the top flight for 5 seasons, taking us to a national cup semi final and a cup final along the way.

If you were to write your CV of the next manager you could do a lot worse !

And he has bombed everywhere he has been since.... You forgot to add that bit!

Gus has been rank for years now, Lambert is way above our reach. Whats wrong with the suggestion of Miller taking over with Ross assisting till the ship is steadied?

Ross has a lot of what Murray lacks, intelligence, tactical nous, experience of working with his fellow pro's and footballing bodies and has done a great job developing and bringing on youth! Something we need to maintain to keep the advantage of growing our own players.

This is a typical Lord Look At Me reply. You tell me not to take part in your debate unless I have something to offer, then rubbish it when I do !!!!

Anyway, Short term I suppose Miller as manager and Ross as assistant could work, but in your original post you suggested it be Ross and Miller.

This is a typical Lord Look At Me reply. You tell me not to take part in your debate unless I have something to offer, then rubbish it when I do !!!!

Anyway, Short term I suppose Miller as manager and Ross as assistant could work, but in your original post you suggested it be Ross and Miller.

Rubbish it..? No...

I gave my opinion based on how poor Gus's career has been since leaving us, and the type of wages Lambert is used to. Re: your subsequent post.... After reading the debate, and points put by other posters I conceeded that Miller & Ross in that order would indeed make more sense until we were in calmer waters.

Thats what happens in debate if you are prepared to keep an open mind. But you have to accept others dont agree with you, thats ok as long as they offer alternatives rather than just saying "Naw"

Edited by Lord Pityme

And he has bombed everywhere he has been since.... You forgot to add that bit!

Has he? He failed at QOTS certainly, but there were off field issues going on at the time.

He's been relatively successful at Queens Park and from what I can gather is popular with the fans there.

He finished 2nd with them last year and lost narrowly in the playoff final. This season they're not far off the playoffs and they're in the semi final of the Challenge Cup... Not bad for an amateur team.

Not that I think he will come back, certainly not with the current BOD in place. We could certainly do far worse though.

Edited by TopCat

Whoever takes the reins I really think the first thing that should be done is to drop Thommo and give the captaincy to a defensive player. Perhaps Webster. Play Shankland and Gallagher until we don't have Shanks. (Probably January)
In January we need to get more cover for the defence, preferably a utility player who can cover across the back four and, when necessary, defensive midfield.
My preference would be 3 central defenders adept at pulling wide with two pacey wingbacks allowing for a 3-5-2. A tall ask but not unachievable.
We almost have the midfield and forwards for this system. If Naismith were to come back you could argue we have almost all of the defence to suit it.
We obviously need a manager who would be able to tweak this in real time therefore NOT Murray and a coach who could keep our defenders awake for 90 minutes would be a plus.​

I'm not going to get involved with the rights or wrongs of your opinion but you say that the BoD "can't pick a decent manager" and then want them to pick Jack Ross. If you are correct that they "can't pick a decent manager" then Ross will obviously be shite if they pick him. Therefore, there is no point in doing so. Just saying. :)

I Picked him, they didnae!

Rubbish it..? No...

I gave my opinion based on how poor Gus's career has been since leaving us, and the type of wages Lambert is used to. Re: your subsequent post.... After reading the debate, and points put by other posters I conceeded that Miller & Ross in that order would indeed make more sense until we were in calmer waters.

Thats what happens in debate if you are prepared to keep an open mind. But you have to accept others dont agree with you, thats ok as long as they offer alternatives rather than just saying "Naw"

I'm sorry. I don't know why I bothered posting on your thread I don't normally as you are such a BELL END!!!