Div's Home Page Story

Ronnie

Take a big pat on the back Div for your home page story on Murray.

As a St Mirren supporter of a similar age to alot of posters on here I couldn't have summed up the last few years any better.

Everything you wrote hit the nail on the head to describe exactly my feelings and no doubt loads of others on here.

Hopefully someone on the board will read it and undo all the bad decisions of the last few years.

Well done Div.

Edited by Ronnie

I am sure Div is not looking for the pats on the back however he is looking for a change in fortune. He is 100% right in everything he says and it definitely needs said. I was in favour of Murray being the manager but he has failed big time. The Morton game is a watershed moment and only a win will do.

Aye, it summarises the current shambles very well indeed.

There is, however, a single word which also summarises the situation at the club: malaise.

We desperately need an injection of fresh impetus or I can only see the downward trend continuing.

Aye, it summarises the current shambles very well indeed.

There is, however, a single word which also summarises the situation at the club: malaise.

We desperately need an injection of fresh impetus or I can only see the downward trend continuing.

I agree with you also.

It's like putting down more sandbags during a flood , the water is always going to come in , not if , but when.

Time to replace the 'sandbags' with a more forward thinking solution.

I am sure Div is not looking for the pats on the back however he is looking for a change in fortune. He is 100% right in everything he says and it definitely needs said. I was in favour of Murray being the manager but he has failed big time. The Morton game is a watershed moment and only a win will do.

Could it be that we require Morton to do us a favour, oh my , the irony. Still this is where we are , frankly I'm appalled but not genuinely surprised at all.

Malaise , inertia, paralysis, fear, desperation, anything there can be stuck on the club. In fact , I blame tesco

Surprised our home gates have not fallen further when you consider the past three seasons. Would love to know how many games we have won at St Mirren Park in that time.

Season tickets.

Football supporters are fiercely loyal, and also creatures of habit.

I don't have a ST and opted not to go yesterday having been at the Falkirk game last weekend. I can't imagine I'll be able to muster the enthusiasm to go back any time soon, and couldn't care less if people deride me for that. £20 to watch turgid drivel is a f**king liberty, and until something radical changes at the club, I suspect I'll be voting with my feet. I'll continue to pay my SMiSA subs in the increasingly forlorn hope that something might develop with the sale of the shares, but can't bring myself to piss any more money away on this shambles.

Could it be that we require Morton to do us a favour, oh my , the irony. Still this is where we are , frankly I'm appalled but not genuinely surprised at all.

Malaise , inertia, paralysis, fear, desperation, anything there can be stuck on the club. In fact , I blame tesco

Would not worry about the irony at all.

Like any Saints fan , I don't want us to lose any game , though if the team put in a decent shift , the defeat is easier to take.

There was a point during the Tommy Craig tenure I was thinking 'hope if we lose today , he will be gone' almost willing a defeat !

'Every little helps' eh ? :P

Season tickets.

Football supporters are fiercely loyal, and also creatures of habit.

I don't have a ST and opted not to go yesterday having been at the Falkirk game last weekend. I can't imagine I'll be able to muster the enthusiasm to go back any time soon, and couldn't care less if people deride me for that. £20 to watch turgid drivel is a f**king liberty, and until something radical changes at the club, I suspect I'll be voting with my feet. I'll continue to pay my SMiSA subs in the increasingly forlorn hope that something might develop with the sale of the shares, but can't bring myself to piss any more money away on this shambles.

I did renew my ST's after much deliberation and just like last season have stopped going already only been to Sons and Livi games , not in any hurry to go back as things stand.

Good article. I wouldn't wait till the Morton game though, i'd get rid now and get someone in and give them a chance to assess what needs to be done before the transfer window opens again. Murray isn't up to the job, it's better for all concerned that we don't prolong the agony.

Act now salvage the situation and prepare for next year as sadly the playoff has gone. Rip it up and sort it so that we have a plan in place for next season. it's never nice to see a manager suffer but I don't see anything here to suggest murray will turn us around. It's worse than tommy craig

Act now salvage the situation and prepare for next year as sadly the playoff has gone. Rip it up and sort it so that we have a plan in place for next season. it's never nice to see a manager suffer but I don't see anything here to suggest murray will turn us around. it's worse than tommy craig.

That's a statement I never thought i'd hear.

good article ,and most would agree it is a true reflection ,so I ask why the bod cannot see the same .I know they don't appoint guys to fail ,but they decided pretty quick tc wasn't the answer and imho ian murray is worse than tc ,we are a division down ,have the basis of a good championship squad and still I cannot seen where murrays influence to make us better or progress since the day he was appointed is.in fact we are actually worse , but I read in todays paper he is unhappy with the fans booing ,,well mr murray im unhappy with st Mirren being pish,but that's not my department

Just so frustrated to see the club we all love in such a mess on the park.

It was soul destroying yesterday and seeing so many thoroughly f**ked off fellow fans at half time and full time makes you realise how bad it's become.

We're so punch drunk with failure at home that we've almost come to expect it and we almost accept it as inevitable.

It's really sad to see.

Thankfully the one positive thing I did take from yesterday was that there have been positive discussions recently between the board and the GLS/SMiSA consortium so hopefully we will hear more about that in due course.

Just so frustrated to see the club we all love in such a mess on the park.

It was soul destroying yesterday and seeing so many thoroughly f**ked off fellow fans at half time and full time makes you realise how bad it's become.

We're so punch drunk with failure at home that we've almost come to expect it and we almost accept it as inevitable.

It's really sad to see.

Thankfully the one positive thing I did take from yesterday was that there have been positive discussions recently between the board and the GLS/SMiSA consortium so hopefully we will hear more about that in due course.

Very true. As I stated on the home page your analysis of the current situation is spot on and, one that many a St.Mirren fan, if not all, will agree with.

So, I agree with the original article, but what do the fans realistically expect from the board? The world knows they want out, in the past 3 years there's been zero suitable parties who have the financial clout that want in. So, there's no more money coming from the board. With 20/20 hindsight there have been mistakes made with recent management appointments and the club has payed a heavy price for it.

It's been mentioned on P&B that they could mibbies get rid of Murray next month on the cheap due to something put in to his contract. Can't see any proven big names knocking down the stadium doors to get their CV in to the boardroom. Don't get me wrong, the lack of progress has been frustrating and the performances, on the whole, have been wank. So what to do? Keeping out of debt seems to be a no brainer. I am as frustrated as the next guy, and I want 'something' done but let's be realistic. If a generous/stupid benefactor isn't on the horizon, what do the fans want from Gilmore and Co?