St.mirren V Morton 20/11/15

Stevie88

He said: “Hugely disappointed with the result, and yeah it is harder to take in a Derby. Thought we were comfortable and Jamie [Langfield] didn’t have too much to do, so it is a hard one to take."

Whit the feck? I was sh!tting myself every time they crossed the halfway line!!!!​

“The fans are entitled to their opinions, of course they are. However the players are giving us their all and we are not far away from being where we want to be."

Where the feck does he think we want to be?

I personally wanted to be near the playoffs at the other end of the table.

If that's their all...

Aside from the crud there was a fair few WTF moments

Like how the hell with 44 seconds till the 90 mins are up do you get from a standard pass feet in front of you to losing the ball

gifting your opponents a goalscoring attack?

post-1859-0-21492500-1448132098_thumb.jp

How the hell 5 seconds and just 2 passes afterwards do you find your opponents player behind your entire midfield 4 and your back 4 are strung out like,,,,god only knows ...Alan Hansen would have a coronary looking at that line.

post-1859-0-09701400-1448132107_thumb.jp
How the hell is their scorer not offsde?
post-1859-0-51297500-1448132118_thumb.jp

and how the hell do you give free kick for high feet when the opponent's player is a yard away nearly crouching down on his arse making himself about 4ft high?

post-1859-0-05044800-1448132129_thumb.jp

Edited by WirralSaint

Got more than we deserved last night... Shocking tactics. Punt the ball back to opposition from goalkeeper, pass to the opposition when receiving ball in defence, play narrowly to allow opposition to exploit flanks, stand off opposition so they can dictate the game for whole of second half.

The lack of confidence is there for all to see, particularly in front of goal.

Prayed we would hold on and from what I hear Reid played them onside for the equalizer.

Occasional spurts of good interplay were note sufficient to raise my hopes that this season is a write off and Murray is not the long term answer. Depressed and resigned to a turgid run of remaining matches in which we do enough to avoid relegation but see no light at the end of the tunnelthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

History doesn't lie. The worst Saints team in 3 decades and you still haven't beat us this season. Not beat us in a competitive ge in 16 years. Since 1987. We won the Scottish Cup. League Cup. And 2 Championship leagues. We've also been in another major final. We have a brand new stadium. Our own 2m pound training complex. Our own indoor training dome at stadium. We're going through a bad patch. But we will be back to the top soon. While Morton will always be a poor relation. But enjoy your season. Let's be honest you don't get many.

League positions and points don't lie! We're better than you!

League positions and points don't lie! We're better than you!

On last nights evidence that is not much of a claim.

There were two pish teams on the pitch.

Saints had the poor excuse of siting in trying to hold onto a lead for creating so little. What's yours?

Edited by bingboy

On last nights evidence that is not much of a claim.

There were two pish teams on the pitch.

Saints had the poor excuse of siting in trying to hold onto a lead for creating so little. What's yours?

Morton were the archetypal team trying to outdo their bigger , better , more successful neighbours .They raised their game to beat us in the same way we would hope saints would to beat teams who have consistently outperformed us.

The current Saints team are very poor & last nights backs to the wall performance showed our deficiencies to the full.

However , The fact remains , we ARE a bigger , better & more successful club than our tail o` the bank distant cousins & while they may have the temporary bragging rights ,the natural order will prevail . Maybe not this season ..... or next .... but when it does , we will regain our rightful position & our Greenock pals will return from whence they came.

Last night result was sore, but we did not lose & our remarkable record against Port Glasgows finest remains intact.

P.S. FWIW , In my opinion, give me a game against Morton any day of the week over games vs either half of the bigot brothers .

As I can't quote properly (someone please help), For the first time in years I am having so much fun winding you all up!! To be honest I didn't think I would get so many bites, but thanks guys, you've been brilliant!!

Edit to add

We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You.

Edited by dmc

As I can't quote properly (someone please help), For the first time in years I am having so much fun winding you all up!! To be honest I didn't think I would get so many bites, but thanks guys, you've been brilliant!!

Edit to add

You just eh... Click on quote.

Good input though.

Morton have had times above Saints in the past. They've never lasted long though, and it won't this time either.

Don't blame you for kicking the arse right out it when you have the chance.

Edit to add

The only bites you lot get are from fleas

Truth be told i quite like Morton,must be hard knowing that Port Glasgow Juniors have a far better ground that you's have

What seriously worried me at the end of the game was watching back the reactions of Mallan and Baird on Alba.

Mallan had almost a half smile, "aw shucks" look on his face as he half-heartedly applauded the fans. Going by Baird's interview you would have thought that he'd scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win. Both should have been trooping off seriously pissed off. Murray is close to getting the chop no doubt, but I worry about the players even with a change of manager. There are not enough winners in that team motivated to turn things around. We could easily still go down with Murray gone.

I see there's a rumour about a contract clause that sees Murray without compensation if we're in the bottom 2 at Christmas. I'm guessing this comes from a line he said at the Q&A, along the lines of "I don't expect to keep my job if we're in the bottom 2 at Christmas." He certainly looks like a man seriously under pressure but whether there's something concrete there who knows.... The board may have in mind as well that the change of manager mid-season didn't change our fortunes last year.

I spoke to Jack Baird after the game and he was far from happy with the result.

Good to hear and I don't doubt it. I'm sure these young guys are genuinely hurting and they seem to have zero confidence. It's tempting to lash out at the current team but the crap home form goes back to 2013 and the BoD gambling too much on youth. Ian Murray is struggling but we shouldnt underestimate how far the rot had set in when he took over.Tough times but hopefully the team will find some spirit and get through this.

Shots from behind the goal are pretty damming.

Morton player's shot comes in (top) and even by the time the ball hits the back of the net (lower) our back 4 have barely moved in reaction while both Morton's strikers make it to the 6 yard box. Switched off, knackered and unfit. Our strength and fitness for a full time team is an absolute disgrace.

post-1859-0-03349100-1448208973_thumb.jp

Edit to add

post-13602-14482095360474_thumb.jpg

Fair play, you genuinely looked delighted when you's equalised!!

What seriously worried me at the end of the game was watching back the reactions of Mallan and Baird on Alba.

Mallan had almost a half smile, "aw shucks" look on his face as he half-heartedly applauded the fans. Going by Baird's interview you would have thought that he'd scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win. Both should have been trooping off seriously pissed off. Murray is close to getting the chop no doubt, but I worry about the players even with a change of manager. There are not enough winners in that team motivated to turn things around. We could easily still go down with Murray gone.

I see there's a rumour about a contract clause that sees Murray without compensation if we're in the bottom 2 at Christmas. I'm guessing this comes from a line he said at the Q&A, along the lines of "I don't expect to keep my job if we're in the bottom 2 at Christmas." He certainly looks like a man seriously under pressure but whether there's something concrete there who knows.... The board may have in mind as well that the change of manager mid-season didn't change our fortunes last year.

Watching a different Alba mate. Mallan fell to the ground then got up and had his head in his hands. Only then did he did he applaud the fans after grimacing. He was severely pissed off. It'll be on iPlayer if you want to check.