Paris

TopCat

I was on a tube train in London last week and I saw a guy with beads in his hands praying, I must admit I was looking for bulges around his waste and looking to see if he was wearing a rucksack, the guy was black but I don't believe it to be racist to think like this, just a fact of life of working in London.

David Cameron was on the other night making statements on the killing of Jihadi John, this makes britain a target for isis terrorists so the chances of something like Paris happening in London are very strong.

Thankfully our intelligence services are better than the french so these maniacs have a better chance of getting caught before executing these terrible acts.

Would beads not more than likely make him Catholic?

Maybe you were worried he was in the I.R.A.

I was on a tube train in London last week and I saw a guy with beads in his hands praying, I must admit I was looking for bulges around his waste and looking to see if he was wearing a rucksack, the guy was black but I don't believe it to be racist to think like this, just a fact of life of working in London.

Of course it's racist. If the guy had been white you'd have had no problem.

This is the issue right here.

People aren't even intelligent enough to realise they are engaging in racist behaviour.

This is what the organisers of these atrocities wants us to do.

They want to sow terror and division.

Sounds to me like they are winning.

Did it not occur to you to check your watch when the guy was praying?

Britain has the blood of many on its hands.

Even a brain dead Tory can see that.

In recent years - even under Tony Blair - the UK was acting in concert with others to STOP racist and bigored atrocities occurring all across the Middle East. Do you honestly believe that the world would be a better place if we ignored acts of genocide and terrorism and turned the other cheek? If so you'll make some f**king policeman!

In recent years - even under Tony Blair - the UK was acting in concert with others to STOP racist and bigored atrocities occurring all across the Middle East. Do you honestly believe that the world would be a better place if we ignored acts of genocide and terrorism and turned the other cheek? If so you'll make some f**king policeman!

The invasion of Iraq was illegal.

What part of that is difficult to understand?

If you believe that then you are even more braindead than I thought.

This is a wind-up, right?

The point is the West is still doing it.

We have Uncle Sam thinking it is the world's policeman and its lapdog Britain carrying out their bidding.

If you are saying pull back now ( west ) all our troubles will go away. Sorry I don't agree with that.

Its a bit of a can of worms this subject. Chemical weapons have been used to kill Opposition groups and civilians. You have Isis killing thousands of innocent people.

Are you saying step back and lets this group take control.

I'm not saying what the west has done is right the bottom line is we are very much a part of it. What about Yemen is the west responsible for that.

Egypt is the west responsible for that.

Nigeria is the west responsible for that.

Isis is a cancer spreading for me it needs to be stopped.

If you are saying pull back now ( west ) all our troubles will go away. Sorry I don't agree with that.

Its a bit of a can of worms this subject. Chemical weapons have been used to kill Opposition groups and civilians. You have Isis killing thousands of innocent people.

Are you saying step back and lets this group take control.

I'm not saying what the west has done is right the bottom line is we are very much a part of it. What about Yemen is the west responsible for that.

Egypt is the west responsible for that.

Nigeria is the west responsible for that.

Isis is a cancer spreading for me it needs to be stopped.

ISIS is a cancer as is Uncle Sam.

They both need stopped.

You are wrong.

It's not as deep rooted as you believe or we'd be seeing our football stadiums, railway stations etc bombed every single day of the week.

It's a small minority who are doing this and it's a combination of social isolation and radicalisation offering vulnerable people a way of fighting back, all fueled by social division.

For these people it's essentially death by a million cuts and we continually hear about social exclusion and isolation, people then retreating to the web and finding answers there. We hear this repeatedly and yet this message doesn't seem to be getting through to enough people who can do something about it.

Some evidence for this?

Well the problem first sprang up within the muslim communities.

Communities would refuse to engage with police to tell them of potential problems hence a breeding ground for terrorism was allowed to go unhindered.

We have some people intelligent enough to understand how to begin fixing this.

This is how they did it.

They started by asking why a muslim community would spring up in the first place.

By talking to muslim immigrants they realised that our general population wasn't the most welcoming in the 50's and 60's for those of black and asian origin.

In the face of racism they built their own communities.

Inherent racism within the police meant they trusted neither the authorities nor the general indigenous population at large.

Instead they formed tight knit networks and looked after themselves and their own - fiercely protecting each other.

The next series of generations of muslims, like our indigenous population decided enough was enough, got angry and got active.

First it was raising their voices, then it was riots in the 1980's etc.

Then along came religious leaders who had found a "just cause" in what was happening in the middle east.

They targetted those who were vulnerable, those who had been racially abused and bullied mercilessly - those who saw no hope for themselves and no decent future.

And they offered them a vision of greatness.

We see this murder as something beyond description but actually the phrase "the banality of evil" better captures it (although I don't like the word evil).

The way to stop this is easy to explain. It's done through acceptance of others and integration of society.

All attempts to divide must be resisted at all levels, from government right down to mates talking in the pub.

Division is the fertile breeding ground from which these sorts of acts become a consequence.

On a positive note, people from all walks of society have been working together for years to try and fix this problem amongst disaffected parts of the country.

The muslim community is better treated now than it used to be and in turn they are now less willing to protect their own people from acts of extremism.

This is the only way forwards.

Maybe France has further to go in that respect.

Sorry what I meant by deep rooted is Isis is now a strong army of thousands if not more spreading from middle east into north Africa , north central africa and down further to west Africa , is now in Afghanistan also.

ISIS is a cancer as is Uncle Sam.

They both need stopped.

Don't disagree with you there unfortunately wee are but a puppy dog in the lap of the most powerful nation in the world.

However rightly or wrongly , they came to us in an hour of need otherwise we would all be speaking German today. The debt for that is still being paid.

Don't disagree with you there unfortunately wee are but a puppy dog in the lap of the most powerful nation in the world.

However rightly or wrongly , they came to us in an hour of need otherwise we would all be speaking German today. The debt for that is still being paid.

They didn't come to us and but for Pearl Harbour would have stayed neutral.

They are our masters not our friends.

Hussein gassed his people in 1991.

So why did we invade in 2003?

What did we do to stop Mugabe?

Nothing as there is no oil in Zimbabwe.

I like your attempt at re-writing history. Does that come from practice? rolleyes.gif

Iraq had UN sactions imposed on it after the gass attack and after several other massacres of his own people. One of those sanctions was that weapons inspectors were supposed to be able to freely come and go to inspect suspected weapon installations in Iraq. Hussein was frustrating that process.

Now you must be the first copper I've come across that would turn the other cheek on someone you've caught clearly breaching their bail conditions to wait for a trial to happen and for a judge to tell you it's OK for you to get the handcuffs out and do something about it.

As for Mugabe - there are UN sanctions in place and as far as I am aware he is compliant with them - hence we aren't invading Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe may not have oil, but it is rich in diamonds and gold but I guess you wouldn't know that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I like your attempt at re-writing history. Does that come from practice? :rolleyes:

Iraq had UN sactions imposed on it after the gass attack and after several other massacres of his own people. One of those sanctions was that weapons inspectors were supposed to be able to freely come and go to inspect suspected weapon installations in Iraq. Hussein was frustrating that process.

Now you must be the first copper I've come across that would turn the other cheek on someone you've caught clearly breaching their bail conditions to wait for a trial to happen and for a judge to tell you it's OK for you to get the handcuffs out and do something about it.

You are a typical right winger attack first and not worry about consequences.

Why did we defy UN?

What did we do to oust Mugabe or help North Korea?

Mugabe has caused more deaths of his own people than Hussein ever did.

Why did we take no sanctions against Saudi Arabia who assisted the 9/11 bombers.

Edited by PCCABE

I think you'll find the US did come to us in our hour of need. You're just looking at the wrong war. In World War I it was the US joining the war on our side that turned it in our favour. Do you have a brain?

That's your opinion and have seen it thrown about on programmes such as world at war. Good old Winston was over convincing them. They were also losing many American merchant seaman.

It all comes down to what you want to believe. The bottom line is they came to our aid in our hour of need. I for one will never forget that and be very grateful.

Why did we defy UN?

Why did we defy UN?

We didn't defy the UN, we acted and then waited on the decision. As I've said, if you saw a convict breaching the conditions of his parole would you wait on a judge to tell you it's OK to act?

We didn't defy the UN, we acted and then waited on the decision. As I've said, if you saw a convict breaching the conditions of his parole would you wait on a judge to tell you it's OK to act?

Acted first and then waited on decision.

In other words we breached International Law and should be rightly punished for it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Essentially​ what ISIS wants is to re-establish the Caliphate for as far and wide as it can. Reading the above article it's likely it will tear itself apart eventually. This is another Third Reich of sorts, ideologically unsound but has garnered enough fervour to turn it into the full on brutal regime we are witnessing right now.

I have to say that it is incredibly sad that on no more than 20 hours after one of the most vile terrorist attacks to happen in Europe - an attack by armed gunmen on a football match, a concert, and at bars and restaurants against unarmed civilians, we yet again have bleeding heart apologists trying to defend the actions of the cowards who perpetrated the crime.

Shame on the lot of you!