Paris

TopCat

Whilst you are at it, you can perhaps come up with a reasoned answer to the following rather obvious question:-

Where were all the suicide bombers before the 1970s?

There were certainly radicalised muslims and I'm certain they didn't just invent the idea of a caliphate.

So why have the suicide bombers and the plane bombers only been around since the 70s?

The last caliphate was the Ottoman Empire which fell during the first world war. The Middle East has been a problem ever since thanks to the way it was divvied up afterwards and then the second world war intervening.

Radical Islam is nothing new if that's what you're getting at. The tactics change from swords to bombs or whatever. Suicide bombing techniques were honed largely against Israel which has largely had to pull down the shutters.

The Jihadi John walked out of IS headquarters into a 4 x 4 before a bomb slammed into this 4 x 4.

That would suggest there is intelligence ether watching from close range or infiltrated IS.

LP seriously as things stand today what would you do with IS , drop food parcels.

We all know why this has kicked off it is fully understood. What do you want the west to do now just let the Jennie out the bottle and let them blow up , machine gun down innocent Europeans who nether wanted a war or made decisions on war or voted for war.

We are where we are today which needs fixed.

Once you deal with IS then the minsters of words can sit down till the cows come home and discuss why this all came about to stop it happening in the future. However I would not hold my breath on anything changing.

Isis has been very vocal telling the radicalised in Europe to stay in their own countries, stop coming to the middle east, and they (Isis) would get to them!

So as is happening now in France, round up the people on the watch list and deal with them appropriately.

To deal with Isis in the middle east is a simple and relatively straight forward task for an organised and disciplined military force.mit would take a matter of weeks to clear out/despatch/detain the bulk of their collective... But it needs the one thing no government wants to get into!

Boots on the Ground! Whenever Isis has come up against the Kurds they have been killed, indeed whenever they have come up against Hezzbolah they have been killed! And it is the boots of forces in the region that need to be backed, supported and co-opted to do this, otherwise it will be seen. Another western (which now includes the Russians) invasion and fuel the anger and recruitment of many more young radicals.

This and other countries will have to sit down and plan with Hezzbolah etc to deal with Isis, then if there is a semblance of its organisation left the nations in the region will have to negotiate with them to bring their actions to an end. Western involvement will only fan the flames....

The challenge is for ours and others governments to agree to this coalition of the damned, supply and support them, and let them resolve the situation. Chucking a handful of bombs around the dessert that kill the odd nut job is pissing in the wind, and our governments know it, but want to be seen to be doing something, anything, short of properly setting about clearing up the chaos they started up! Cameron etc do not want to admit only boots on the ground will work, as they saw what the political fallout did for Blair, Labour, Bush etc... Etc... And they do not have the bottle to make it happen.

Whilst you are at it, you can perhaps come up with a reasoned answer to the following rather obvious question:-

Where were all the suicide bombers before the 1970s?

There were certainly radicalised muslims and I'm certain they didn't just invent the idea of a caliphate.

So why have the suicide bombers and the plane bombers only been around since the 70s?

What would you suggest the UK and the other countries such as Russia, Europe and USA do?

Guest TPAFKATS

What would you suggest the UK and the other countries such as Russia, Europe and USA do?

Ffs Kendo.

Are you suggesting bombing Syria cos u can't come up with a better option?

Ask why we are now bombing Raqqa and other IS strongholds when we have avoided intervention for 2 years. Why are we now bombing their oil convoys?

Isis were created by the govs now talking about destroying them. We were happy for them to fight assad as US wanted regime change there as part of Arab spring. Remember bush talking about his axis of evil?

Ffs Kendo.

Are you suggesting bombing Syria cos u can't come up with a better option?

Ask why we are now bombing Raqqa and other IS strongholds when we have avoided intervention for 2 years. Why are we now bombing their oil convoys?

Isis were created by the govs now talking about destroying them. We were happy for them to fight assad as US wanted regime change there as part of Arab spring. Remember bush talking about his axis of evil?

I asked Oaks a question, didn't suggest nothing.

What would you do?

The last caliphate was the Ottoman Empire which fell during the first world war. The Middle East has been a problem ever since thanks to the way it was divvied up afterwards and then the second world war intervening.

Radical Islam is nothing new if that's what you're getting at. The tactics change from swords to bombs or whatever. Suicide bombing techniques were honed largely against Israel which has largely had to pull down the shutters.

Nope, I said I radical Islam was around pre-1970's. I'm asking about why the suicide bombings and the terrorism in western towns and cities only started circa 1970's.

That presumes that something must be done.

The problem with that is that it specifically excludes doing nothing to flame the situation.

For example I certainly wouldn't try to "punish" 8 dead people by bombing and killing potentially hundreds of innocent civilians.

That would be a great start and would demonstrate a modicum of understanding that what we've repeatedly done before was idiocy.

An analogy would be to consider a nutter who gets angry over losing a card game and murders 5 people in an Edinburgh pub.

On discovering he was a football fan, I wouldn't rush out to bomb football stadiums in retaliation.

This is the level of intellectual bankruptcy advocated by many people in response to these attacks.

I'd do nothing.

I'd re-assure the muslim population that this wasn't about Islam (it really isn't anyway) and that we didn't see them being part of the problem.

I'd then organise a series of meetings between every major nation to build a concensus on the best way to deal with the threat. I'd include every middle eastern country in this.

Those meetings would then be used to conceive and implement ideas which had worldwide consent and MAY possibly include a genuinely united army going in and sorting it out as a last resort.

At the very least I'd be looking for help from every country regarding blocking IS ability to communicate, recruit people and fund their activities.

Consensus would be required to achieve that.

There are literally an unlimited number of ways to defeat an aggressive enemy without resorting to murdering them and making the situation worse.

Edited by oaksoft

Sorry if it's already been covered, I haven't read this car crash of a thread for a wee while now, but I see Angus Robertson was attempting to get the UK Government to accept being dominated by Vladamir Putin on the subject of British National Security. Apparently if Putin says we shouldn't defend ourselves we should just damned well do as we're told.

Who the f**k votes for these wankers? Even Jeremy Corbyn wasn't that f**king stupid at PM Questions today.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sorry if it's already been covered, I haven't read this car crash of a thread for a wee while now, but I see Angus Robertson was attempting to get the UK Government to accept being dominated by Vladamir Putin on the subject of British National Security. Apparently if Putin says we shouldn't defend ourselves we should just damned well do as we're told.

Who the f**k votes for these wankers?

I ask myself the same about who votes for David Cameron.

The posh boy who wouldn't what a days work is.

Guest TPAFKATS

Who the f**k votes for these wankers? Even Jeremy Corbyn wasn't that f**king stupid at PM Questions today.

Just when you think there's enough attention seekers on this thread, along comes the flaccid strap-on.