Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

Nope, I didn't even try to get one. I was perfectly happy with my apprenticeship. See I wasn't the one thinking above myself - it does look like you were though. You got a degree and yet you landed up working as a policeman. What a f**king waste.....:rolleyes:

It's called helping my community and earning at the same time.

A good Labour philosophy.

Not all right jack f**k you like Toryism.

The technical phrase for that is ambition.

Are you now saying we should be criticising people for trying to better themselves?

The Scottish Disease in a sentence TBH.

You can have ambition without the need for a degree. You and I have had this argument before. Some of the most successful people in Scotland didn't get an O'Grade never mind a degree - whilst many of our low paid call centre workers do have a degree.

Some of us prefer to get on with our hard work from the age of 16, others, like you prefer never to work hard.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

1. No it isn't. Thousands of Scottish Council Owned properties were in a disastrous state of repair. I was personally living in one in Battlefield in 1978 before Thatcher came to power. It wasn't water tight at all. Every time it rained my mother had to cover the floors with towels to soak up all the water getting in through the windows. Selling off Council Houses meant that local authorities had the required funding to upgrade houses that remained in council stock. It may well have been better had we sold off ALL council houses at the time to anyone who wanted to buy them and used all the proceeds to build new housing stock for rental but Labour opposition meant that was never done.

2. The housing shortage is down to too few new homes being built every year.

3. So do I. Bought and paid for in full. I don't really understand what you are getting at here.

4. Same. My Mum is still alive so obviously I've not had any inheritance. When she does eventually die I'd like to think I'll be in a position to pass the whole lot onto my kids but that's a decision for the future. For the record my Mum and Dad did not buy any council houses either, nor were they rich, nor did they do anything different from most other Scots. They simply worked hard, paid their mortgage and as a result they will be in a position to pass on an inheritance. Before Thatcher working class people couldn't get mortgages. Thank christ for Thatcher.

5. So do I. I guess the difference between you and I is I don't choose to bite the hand that feeds me. I like my employer, you hate your country.

6. No. I am actually a very big supporter of our police force and indeed of all our emergency services. I am, however, troubled by the fact that you are employed in the police force despite your stated hatred of your country. I'd be extremely concerned for my safety if I was looking for you to protect me from a terrorist threat in this country.

Working class couldn't get mortgages before Thatcher

What a pile of pish

It's also possible that that a lot of these working class people would have bought new builds instead and therefore left a lot more social housing in council ownership. Then again, they might not have. Your claim is unprovable and therefore only worthy of scorn and ridicule.

You've just made your own unprovable claim.

Right to buy didn't reduce any housing stock at all. It reduced political control of housing stock, which is a good thing.

It's also possible that that a lot of these working class people would have bought new builds instead and therefore left a lot more social housing in council ownership. Then again, they might not have. Your claim is unprovable and therefore only worthy of scorn and ridicule.

How would they have bought new houses if the mortgage rules weren't considerably relaxed to allow more working class people to buy their own houses?

You are a fanny. :rolleyes:

You can have ambition without the need for a degree. You and I have had this argument before. Some of the most successful people in Scotland didn't get an O'Grade never mind a degree - whilst many of our low paid call centre workers do have a degree.

Some of us prefer to get on with our hard work from the age of 16, others, like you prefer never to work hard.

Typical Dicko, distorting what I said.

I made absolutely no mention of degrees in that post.

You were criticising him for having ideas above his station which is the definition of ambition.

I'm simply pulling you up on it.

In what way?

What about the NHS should it be the same so only the rich can afford to be healthy?

Did they cease to be dwellings? No.

Did they cease to be dwellings in state control? Yes.

"The rich" already are healthier than "the poor" in Scotland and have better cancer survival rates too. Yet its all free. Why is that?

Edited by Reynard

Typical Dicko, distorting what I said.

I made absolutely no mention of degrees in that post.

You were criticising him for having ideas above his station which is the definition of ambition.

I'm simply pulling you up on it.

Not at all. If you'd bothered following the thread he claimed that I had ideas above myself and then went on to claim I was "thicko Dicko" because I didn't have a degree like him. He was the one who made both claims, I simply retorted.

If you think the definition of ambition is to pass a University Degree to be a police constable all your working days then fair enough Oaksoft. I suspect this Media Studies or Fingerpainting Degree of his wasn't as challenging as you imagine though. He is clearly a thick c**t. :rolleyes:

"The rich" already are healthier than "the poor" in Scotland and have better cancer survival rates too. Yet its all free. Why is that?

Oooh Reynard, I have to pick you up on that one. It's not at all free. It costs around about £4,000 per head of population - the weight of most of that cost landing squarely on the shoulders of those who earn the most and who pay the highest levels of income tax.

Perhaps if we changed the way we provide Healthcare in the UK so that each person pays for what they use we might see people take more responsibility for their own health - especially the so called "poor" who claim they can't afford vegetables but they can afford Chinese and Indian takeaways every night.

The rich don't use the NHS.

They queue jump.

Selling council houses was the worst thing that evil old bitch did.