Goody

Why are people surprised/angry that at 2-0 down we put on an attacking midfielder for a defensive one? What would have been the point in subbing Quinn for Goodwin

Because Quinn wasn't the problem, the defence was.

Quinn or Goodwin give more protection to Mallan (yes... I lnow he is struggling just now).

Goodwin has more drive and leadership than Agnew and can drive the team forward.

Goodwin would have had the already vocal away support even more vocal.

Apart from that, not a lot.

Because Quinn wasn't the problem, the defence was.

Quinn or Goodwin give more protection to Mallan (yes... I lnow he is struggling just now).

Goodwin has more drive and leadership than Agnew and can drive the team forward.

Goodwin would have had the already vocal away support even more vocal.

Apart from that, not a lot.

But if he's not fit enough he's not fit enough.

What if he was rushed back and has a reaction putting him out for the rest of the season?

It could be argued why is he even on the bench if he isn't fit enough.

We have to trust the manager, which is a hard thing for us to do admittedly.

But if he's not fit enough he's not fit enough.

What if he was rushed back and has a reaction putting him out for the rest of the season?

It could be argued why is he even on the bench if he isn't fit enough.

We have to trust the manager, which is a hard thing for us to do admittedly.

I've obviously missed something.

Who said he is not fit enough?

From what Alex said on the radio during the week, Goody is in the match day squads earlier than the manager would like, he's not fit basically.

Not much point rushing him back unless Livingston drag us into a spot of bother.

I've obviously missed something.

Who said he is not fit enough?

The manager apparently.

From what Alex said on the radio during the week, Goody is in the match day squads earlier than the manager would like, he's not fit basically.

Not much point rushing him back unless Livingston drag us into a spot of bother.

That is strange since he played as a sub a few weeks ago. Why waste a space on the sub bench for someone who is not fit ?

That is strange since he played as a sub a few weeks ago. Why waste a space on the sub bench for someone who is not fit ?

Yeah that's the flip side of it. Maybe he feels he gives the place a lift having him around.

Maybe strikes fear into the opposition knowing he's lurking ha, although that didn't help yesterday.

The manager said on the radio during the week that he is giving Jim extra time to recover because he believes he is a bit older it takes longer for him to recover. He said it's also probably a bit early for Jim even being on the bench.

don't believe a word of this .jim came on as a sub last week,played 70 mins for u20s,warmed up for 70 mins v the **** without getting on and was actually warming up when he brought agnew on (who hadn't warmed up),jim just shook his head .no bloody wonder ,strange if an unfit guy is doing this

don't believe a word of this .jim came on as a sub last week,played 70 mins for u20s,warmed up for 70 mins v the **** without getting on and was actually warming up when he brought agnew on (who hadn't warmed up),jim just shook his head .no bloody wonder ,strange if an unfit guy is doing this

Does seem very strange. I can only admire Goody's professionalism if something is amiss behind the scenes.

The "not fit" angle doesn't add up when you look at the recent game time.

I think there is a difference between fit and match fit. Normally takes players 4-6 weeks playing a good 60-75 mins per week to get the match fitness up. Could take older guys longer.

He has hardly kicked a ball in 4 months, would be crazy to throw him right back into it when there hasn't been any real need.

I see he has started for the Under 20s against Celtic tonight, along with Naismith.

Does seem very strange. I can only admire Goody's professionalism if something is amiss behind the scenes.

The "not fit" angle doesn't add up when you look at the recent game time.

agree but im astounded why rae wont play him,if we were top of the league I could see the point ,but we are mince and he is not playing his strongest team,i know its his call but already the fans are questioning his team selections ,which on top of his poor signings isn't getting him many allies

I think there is a difference between fit and match fit. Normally takes players 4-6 weeks playing a good 60-75 mins per week to get the match fitness up. Could take older guys longer.

He has hardly kicked a ball in 4 months, would be crazy to throw him right back into it when there hasn't been any real need.

I see he has started for the Under 20s against Celtic tonight, along with Naismith.

But this isn't as much fun as just making stuff up.

and how many balls has agnew kicked ,considering he hasn't had an injury ,and this is not me having a go at agnew but he is hardly a starter under rae

Yeah, when a 34 year old guy who has just recovered surprisingly early from a serious injury isn't pitched immediately straight back into the first team it can only mean trouble behind the scenes caused by a manager who doesn't like Irish people. It's the only logical explanation.