Goody

was trying not to think this but bigotry goes way beyond what our club needs

I really hope you aren't being serious.

I blame Gow for all this. Clearly there is a quota on the number of players you can play who's name begins with 'G'. With Gallagher starting and Gow coming off the bench then Goodwin can't feature.

It's the only explanation.

and how many balls has agnew kicked ,considering he hasn't had an injury ,and this is not me having a go at agnew but he is hardly a starter under rae

There's a difference between Agnew and Goody, for a start Jim has just came back from a serious injury and he is about 7 years older?

Look what happened when Thommo was rushed back too soon.

No chance of there being any sort of conspiracy keeping Goodwin out the team.

Alex would be the biggest hypocrite going if he didn't fancy Jim as a player because he was exactly the same in his day.

Yeah, when a 34 year old guy who has just recovered surprisingly early from a serious injury isn't pitched immediately straight back into the first team it can only mean trouble behind the scenes caused by a manager who doesn't like Irish people. It's the only logical explanation.

Cheers, I laughed out loud at that????

Yeah, when a 34 year old guy who has just recovered surprisingly early from a serious injury isn't pitched immediately straight back into the first team it can only mean trouble behind the scenes caused by a manager who doesn't like Irish people. It's the only logical explanation.

nobody is suggesting he be pitched in early ,but if he isn't ready then why is he on the bench and to kill your point off ,rae brought him on the 1st game back on the bench ,so how can not playing any part v **** ,a week later and raith another week later be bringing him back earlier,if anything he should have been more equipped in the two later games as he was getting minutes in u20 games,so as I say baffling managerial decisions on all points

nobody is suggesting he be pitched in early ,but if he isn't ready then why is he on the bench and to kill your point off ,rae brought him on the 1st game back on the bench ,so how can not playing any part v **** ,a week later and raith another week later be bringing him back earlier,if anything he should have been more equipped in the two later games as he was getting minutes in u20 games,so as I say baffling managerial decisions on all points

Not as baffling as your post. blink.png

• 2 weeks later...

... whilst refusing to play our best player this season, again. He's been available for the last 6 games and played 24 minutes.

I think Keith Watson has been our best player overall.

However, I do think that Goodwin should be getting some playing time for the first XI.

... whilst refusing to play our best player this season, again. He's been available for the last 6 games and played 24 minutes.

Are you being serious?

Just incase I'm being wooshed here!!

Last 6 games, 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Goodwin probably hasn't started in 3 league wins this season.

I don't get Goodwin not playing but don't think it was because he played for Celtic or any of that pish!

As for McMullan he had half a season and did very little frustrated the f-ck out me all pace no end result. Sending him back was correct!

But regardless of the player's on the pitch the results have been good we are no longer relegation candidate's the footballs not the best but at least player's are fit and trying!

Alex Rae has done well he's taken a Club with a voodoo about not winning at home... To a club with a great home form in the last 10 matches!

He's taken us out the relegation zone and if he gets player's from his old Servco connections and they do us a job I don't care!

Danny Lennon had sevral player's from Celtic did that make him a Tim? Did we question why he brought McGowan and Carey in?

Alex Rae is a big New Co fan there's no getting away from that BUT he's also manager of St.Mirren who pay his wages.

Gus was a big Rangers fan he did ok for us!

As for Danny Lennon I don't know who he supports does anyone know???

Goodwin can be good but he can equally be a head case! Referee's book him alot and he's getting on in years and just back from injury!

The reason's above might be the reason both Murray and Rae don't trust him in there team's...

Are you being serious?

Just incase I'm being wooshed here!!

Last 6 games, 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Goodwin probably hasn't started in 3 league wins this season.

Are you seriously suggesting that, this season, Jim Goodwin should not be the first or second name on the team sheet, when fit? Goodwin's game time since returning from injury works out at about half the game time Thommo is getting, and everyone accepts Thommo is finished, whereas Goodwin probably has a few more season in him at this level.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Goodwin will leave in the summer i think. He has been a great servant for the club overall but we need to look to the future and it looks as if Alex Rae doesn't see Jim being part of that. It doesn't really make sense to offer him a new contract.

Have a feeling you may be right though he is the type of player you need if going for promotion wonder what kind of wages he is on which might be part of the problem.