Goody

Just for the record, I didn't say what you've quoted me as saying. Now your either misquoting me or lying again.

And saying someone is going to be somewhere doesn't necessarily mean there going to be doing something. 2+2 doesn't equal 5, the story of your life getting it wrong. AGAIN

Did you ever find the figure you imagined that the LSE published?

Stuart Dickson has left the thread..........................

I paraphrased.

The innuendo of calling me a Nazi and thick will be remembered. I hope for your sake we don't cross paths.

That is a threat.

Hopefully see you next weekend then, as i'm at Lanarkshire Indoor Bowling next Saturday and Sunday.

I'll get online and check through the records and just make sure that Lanarkshire Indoor Bowling wasn't broken into on either of those nights. If it was I guess it'll put you in the frame. rolleyes.gif Regardless whether you were playing bowls or not the one thing I absolutely know for sure is you shat out of meeting me that day ya big coward. Some internet hardman you turned out to be

Edited by Stuart Dickson

BACK ON TOPIC

Another game against one of the top 4 and yet again one of our best, the one with the best winning mentality sat on the bench.

Don't know what he has done other than get promoted to coach then demoted : but we are paying him not to win us points!

So sad - Goody has been a tremendous servant to us - 4th now well and truly gone!!

Punts an ok Championship keeper and plays a bombscare every week instead as well.

Considering Rae said we needed experienced players and leaders, players who had played at a higher level etc to help the young players, Goodwin ticks all those boxes.

Ridgers was one of our top 3 earners believe it or not.

Time to face facts, Goody just does not appeal to the manager. He has a track record of being at odds with one manager and suspicions that he was at odds with every manager he has worked for at Saints. Remember he was the one demoted when Craig was booted, that might tell us something.

More than one person in authority has decided he is of peripheral importance to the squad and we should be happy with that.

Time to face facts, Goody just does not appeal to the manager. He has a track record of being at odds with one manager and suspicions that he was at odds with every manager he has worked for at Saints. Remember he was the one demoted when Craig was booted, that might tell us something.

More than one person in authority has decided he is of peripheral importance to the squad and we should be happy with that.

Nearly every St Mirren manager he has worked with has given him new contracts, improved contracts or promoted him to captain or player / coach or complimented him on his attitude and contribution to the club.

Danny Lennon signed him, re-signed him, promoted him to captain and I think 'signed' him 2 or 3 times in his 4 years at the club. Tommy Craig promoted him to player / coach and gave him a new deal as a player

Gary Teale or the BoD demoted him to player again

Iain Murray complimented him on his attitude and play.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to continue this thread, why is it that Goodwin isn't being offered a new deal:

A) Rae simply doesn't rate him;

B) He's on too much money;

C) Rae sees him as a bad influence;

D) Rae wants rid to put his own stamp on the team...

Whatever the reason, I think he still has a lot to offer and would hate to see him to go the likes of Raith/Falkirk/Dunfermline and go on to prove he still has it in him.

Why not make him captain and offer him a new deal on reduced terms, if cash is the issue?

Just to continue this thread, why is it that Goodwin isn't being offered a new deal:

A) Rae simply doesn't rate him;

B) He's on too much money;

C) Rae sees him as a bad influence;

D) Rae wants rid to put his own stamp on the team...

Whatever the reason, I think he still has a lot to offer and would hate to see him to go the likes of Raith/Falkirk/Dunfermline and go on to prove he still has it in him.

Why not make him captain and offer him a new deal on reduced terms, if cash is the issue?

I would have no issue with him staying on reduced terms. However, will he want to stay and be a bit part player? Would only see him coming on to steady games or help close them out like yesterday.

Disagree with that. Any time I've seen him play since his injury he's looked nowhere near mobile enough.

I'd be surprised if he's playing full time next season.

I just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

Top cat you talk utter crap. How can you judge a guy getting the last ten minutes of a game? have you seen carswell run around? Or quinn? It's ridiculous that you have a go at jim. For me fitness is not jims problem and given time on the park he'd contribute much more than either of them two

Agree totally. Was not Quinn's best game. Jim is needed and if played when fit he is the must have in the team. That was my last game this year here is hoping we win the league or get a playoff place next year. I hope Rae does not get rid of players that are better than what he brings.

The moment Goody or any player stops being an asset to the team is the time they should be let go. I see Goody as an asset that would be damn near impossible to replace given the conditions our club operates in.

To see him coming on and marshalling the youngsters for that final period yesterday where we pushed on and actually sealed victory, compared to all those games where we have fell back and lost a winning postion confirmed to me how much we need his presence in our squad.

His presence and commands helped the team create that third goal and cement a great victory for a team that has struggled so many times.

Top cat you talk utter crap. How can you judge a guy getting the last ten minutes of a game? have you seen carswell run around? Or quinn? It's ridiculous that you have a go at jim. For me fitness is not jims problem and given time on the park he'd contribute much more than either of them two

I actually rate Quinn, but yesterday when play broke down it was almost like he was running through treacle when tried (but failed) to track back on several occasions. This was throughout the game.

Goodwin looked a lot more mobile when he came on IMO.

However, like it or not, Jim Goodwin will not be getting a new contract.

I actually rate Quinn, but yesterday when play broke down it was almost like he was running through treacle when tried (but failed) to track back on several occasions. This was throughout the game.

I am a season ticket holder and maybe just maybe i would sign up to pay the £12 if I thought the club listened to the fans. I think we should hold on to Goody for another year and I think fans around where I sit agree as you listen to the chanting for Goody every time he warms up. This is not because he was our cup winning captain but because he genuinly likes the our club and is and i hope continues to be a great player for us. Midfield needs him of that I am 100% sure. He gives us that edge. He will get another contract somewhere else. I bet it will be dundee United and for that I am sad.

I am a season ticket holder and maybe just maybe i would sign up to pay the £12 if I thought the club listened to the fans. I think we should hold on to Goody for another year and I think fans around where I sit agree as you listen to the chanting for Goody every time he warms up. This is not because he was our cup winning captain but because he genuinly likes the our club and is and i hope continues to be a great player for us. Midfield needs him of that I am 100% sure. He gives us that edge. He will get another contract somewhere else. I bet it will be dundee United and for that I am sad.

To be fair, it's the manager's job to retain or discard players.

Any manager worth their salt would probably choose to walk if they were over ruled by the "owners" of the club.

I can see both sides of the story with Goodwin, but I think there's a fair degree of sentiment clouding my opinion on whether to keep him or get rid of him.

To be fair, it's the manager's job to retain or discard players.

Any manager worth their salt would probably choose to walk if they were over ruled by the "owners" of the club.

I can see both sides of the story with Goodwin, but I think there's a fair degree of sentiment clouding my opinion on whether to keep him or get rid of him.

I have no sentiment at all clouding my judgement. On watching the game yesterday most of the team are afraid to go in for a good old fashioned tackle. Jim might get a yellow card but for god sake football players need to start getting awards for play acting. This I say to world wide players. In fact I am a big Jamie Vardy and Leicester City fan and have been for 25 years (husband is from Leicester) but he ultimately cost his tem maybe 3 points today for going for a penalty. Players should be applauded for fair play. Goody is mid field and tackles I think that is great and what we are lacking. Morton yesterday got a lot of play in front of goal no tackles went in.