So Farewell Then... Ian Murray

The club is a f**king shambles. Is that Ian Murray's fault?

Serious question.

He is a soft target.

He has failed, but the buck cannot stop with him.

Drew, the players in that squad should be performing 100% better than they are. I genuinely don't know many players in most of the teams we have played this season, but every single one of them have been more motivated, organised and fitter than the so called better players we have in our squad. Something is wrong in that dressing room. Maybe Murray has moved us into the one with the black walls :-)

I know the board have given up but they don't coach the team or decide on game plans or tactics.

Murray was the popular choice. You just need to read the thread about him being appointed. Some of his current biggest critics on this forum were ... and I quote ' buzzing out their tits with this appointment ' when he was given the job.

Yet it's somehow the boards fault when it goes... Ahem.. tits up.

Correctly the BOD aren't involved in the day to day running of the club. The manager signs the players, trains them, picks them and gives the team talk. The buck stops at his door.

The apathy around the club was summed up by our captain's warm up this evening

15-20 mins he stood around the corner flag and put in a few half-hearted 'efforts' before traipsing back to the dug-out. Only to be put pretty much straight on when Shankland went down

Even my mate's youngster picked up on it. 'It's the player's responsibility to make sure he's ready to go on' said the young boy who's just started playing sevens

What happened next? Thompson dispossessed and it's one all

Really?

So who is responsible?

The board gave him a budget, and gave him the job even before last season ended. Gary Teale had to manage the final match of the season knowing he had lost the job. (Haste ye back Gary....)

The budget is big enough to compete for a top 3 place.

Murray chose to go off to Prague instead of starting work, delayed on building his squad, brought an inexperienced assistant and assembled a lightweight midfield and attack. The only good decision he seems to have made is in getting Goodwin back in the team and if he had had his way Jim would already have been out the door at that point!

Murray clearly does not know how to coach as the team has no shape, has no idea where they are supposed to be whether we have the ball, are behind the ball or have lost the ball.

Murray chose to give the team time off over the international break when they should have been in doing double shifts on positioning, shape, interlinking play, set pieces etc. Alex Miller is supposed to be an expert in this type of disciplined team building and training. The squad has a chance to work with a Champions League Winner and they go off on a break!

Murray has a losers mentality and this seeps in to the team. Get a goal and get behind the ball. This is why we can not win at home and why that Morton goal was inevitable last night.

The man to blame is Ian Murray. The overall organisation of the club is a bit of a shambles but I won't blame Gilmour for the surprisingly awful job Ian Murray has done since joining.

We only have some points on the board as quite a few of our players are better than the opposition they are up against. Time to get a proper manager in before we waste the talent we have, just like Tommy Craig wasted Kenny McLean and John McGinn last season.

The man to blame is Ian Murray.

Edited by Kemp

A decent first 20 minutes, then the usual descent into the Maelstrom.

Edgar Allan Poe spotted at Asda Linwood/Elderslie/Paisley.

At least you could go for a cuppa or Google something more interesting. This is the worst football I've ever watched, including Newmains Utd and live feeds of Ebbsfleet.

I blame Div for saying "we look up for it, yaaaaaaaaaas get in to these cunts".

This is a very inventive title. Last one was sacked after Morton.

He won't be sacked until Xmas, deal with it. Actually I blame Miller.

I heard he's been told in 2 occasions that defeat = the sack.

Dunfermline and Morton.

Dunno how true but that's what I heard.

Edited by davidg

Defiant Ian Murray insists he's still the right man to lead the Buddies despite dropping more points against Morton
THE Saints gaffer is confident his side can still achieve a top four place despite currently sitting 12 points outside the playoff positions.

IAN MURRAY insists he’s the man to guide St Mirren out of the doldrums despite suffering a later sickener against Morton .

The Buddies boss is adamant his side will turn the corner despite their search for a first home league win continuing in their draw with their derby rivals.

Murray left the field to the sound of boos but he’s convinced there’s no concern over his future in the job.

He said: “Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that’s the case with the fans and rightly so and we understand if we don’t win games then pressure comes with that. But the players are giving me everything and that’s the main thing. We look like a team which is really, really fighting for us and we are not where we want to be but we are not that far away either.

“We have two games in hand over Morton and we have a game in hand over Raith who we face on Tuesday night so things can change.

“A disaster tonight would have been losing the game but we didn’t and a few wins can take us into the top four.

“We are disappointed with the scoreline, especially to lose the goal so late in the game so it’s hard to take in any game but it’s that bit harder when it’s a derby. We need to now pick ourselves up for Tuesday night.

“There was a more than a hint of offside with their goal, if their player was any further then he would have been in our net.

“A decision has gone against us again but we won’t bleat about it as everyone makes mistakes but it seems we are getting them against us every single week.

“We need to look at how it happened and analyse that first but at the moment we don’t seem to be getting a lot of luck or decisions.

“Nobody wants to hear about that, they want to hear about wins and about good performances so we need to win games. We’ll take the positives out of this game as we battled well against a decent side and kept our unbeaten run against them as a club but ultimately we are disappointed.

“I didn’t sense a nervousness towards the end but it happens to the best of teams".

Morton boss Jim Duffy insists justice was served with their last gap leveller.

He said: “I think even the St Mirren camp would admit that over the 90 minutes we deserved a point.

"I thought the first half was quite even and when St Mirren scored they got some momentum and that deflated us. But we regrouped and I thought we were the team in control in the second half. We were just happy to get a point and I think we deserved it.

"From our point of view, it keeps the momentum going. If we had lost the game 1-0 I would have been disappointed, but not with the performance because I couldn't fault the guys. You could see we are not a bad side.

"I think we showed a lot of courage coming here and playing the way we did. We started off with two wingers and went at them. I thought we played reasonably well and deserved the draw."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/defiant-ian-murray-insists-hes-6871373?

Edited by Buddie Marvelous