Alan Gow - The Forgotten Man

• 2 weeks later...

On the bench again yesterday. Could make a Lazarus-like comeback to save our season.... Nah!!!!

Still managed 81 minutes of league football in 3 games this season and lasts started in August. The race to see whether Goodwin recovers from a broken ankle in November sooner than Gow from his August injury gathers pace!

To be forgotten you've first got to be remembered for something!!!

He is typical of why St Mirren find themselves in the position they are in. One of the dozens of players offered contracts in the last 4 or 5 seasons who should be nowhere near a black and white shirt.

But Gow hasn't been any nearer a black and white strip than most of us.

Ive never seen this fellow play (nor have many, given his scarcity of appearances)but wouldnt he be likely to be dismissed on medical grounds ? You know, the way anyone else in a real job would .

Nope, it would be classed as an industrial injury suffered when undertaking the duties for which he was employed and a dismissal would lead to a shedload of lawyers rubbing their hands in glee. I'm sure the club's legal advisers would be very quick to advise against such a step. I'm sure his contract would include for an injury which caused permanent retirement from the game and agreed payments met by the insurers but not for the tin tack.

Nope, it would be classed as an industrial injury suffered when undertaking the duties for which he was employed and a dismissal would lead to a shedload of lawyers rubbing their hands in glee. I'm sure the club's legal advisers would be very quick to advise against such a step. I'm sure his contract would include for an injury which caused permanent retirement from the game and agreed payments met by the insurers but not for the tin tack.

thank you Perry Mason.