Alan Gow - The Forgotten Man

If he continues to play and plays well. Maybe a pre season to pick up his match fitness would be a completley different player. Him being injured all that time would have annoyed him more than anyone else

Well untill he went to the ATM to lift his wages.

I wouldnt rule out a better fitter Gow next year. It would be tragic if the "old gow" came back to bite us if he signed for the likes of Raith, Falkirk or even Morton.

Still plenty games to earn a new deal.

I'd happily take that risk. No doubt he'll come back and bite us on the arse but should we sign him up just so nobody else can?

He hung his boots up the minute he signed for Rangers on a pre-contract when he was at Falkirk.

Can't believe Gary Teale has got away with this one to be honest.

I'd happily take that risk. No doubt he'll come back and bite us on the arse but should we sign him up just so nobody else can?

He hung his boots up the minute he signed for Rangers on a pre-contract when he was at Falkirk.

Can't believe Gary Teale has got away with this one to be honest.

Can see why Teale signed him. The scenario there was McLean was sold on the last day of the window.

We didn't have time to sign replacements from the usual sources in January - other clubs.

Our only option was free agents or no one. Free agents in February really is scraping the barrel, and that's what Gow was. Can understand why he was signed though, given the alternative was nobody at all.

The real mistake was Murray giving him a contract in the summer. I'm sure Rae won't make the same mistake this year.

Gow has looked good the last couple of sub appearances that he's made but lets be serious here, there is no way, Alan Gow should get another contract next season... Complete waste of a wage!

The only way I would keep him if he wants to play for free.

There's no doubt the guy is a talent but for only 5 mins a season, we can surely find a player who will contribute much much more than him.

I thought he was woth a punt this time last season.... Murray came in and thought so too... he was castigated for it.

I too conceded that it was a wrong call as he was not only constantly injured but when fit, seemed disinterested. Away to Annan was the perfect example of why he should be chased! (despite him scoring).

Rae has come in and has introduced him ahead of a number of playes that I would have played before him.

I have been critical of the substitutions... but they have had a positive effect each time.

Maybe... just maybe... Rae has found a way to let Gow become the player we know is in there somewhere.

When he came on against the Doonhamers I said that he would probably have a good game and earn a new contract!

It was said jokingly.... ... and yet... ...

Rae doesn't suffer fools gladly and will not tolerate passengers... that much is clear already.

In the case of the People vs Gow, I am happy to bow to the final decision of Judge Rae.

Whatever he says, I agree with, and hereby relinquish the right to criticise at a future point!

I thought he was woth a punt this time last season.... Murray came in and thought so too... he was castigated for it.

I too conceded that it was a wrong call as he was not only constantly injured but when fit, seemed disinterested. Away to Annan was the perfect example of why he should be chased! (despite him scoring).

Rae has come in and has introduced him ahead of a number of playes that I would have played before him.

I have been critical of the substitutions... but they have had a positive effect each time.

Maybe... just maybe... Rae has found a way to let Gow become the player we know is in there somewhere.

When he came on against the Doonhamers I said that he would probably have a good game and earn a new contract!

It was said jokingly.... ... and yet... ...

Rae doesn't suffer fools gladly and will not tolerate passengers... that much is clear already.

In the case of the People vs Gow, I am happy to bow to the final decision of Judge Rae.

Whatever he says, I agree with, and hereby relinquish the right to criticise at a future point!

The thing is, this season like last season he finishes the season with a bit of form to make you think, "should we offer him a new contract?" As soon as the new season starts he gets injured only to appear again around March time looking for a new contract.

We need players that we can rely on, he doesn't fit the bill.

The thing is, this season like last season he finishes the season with a bit of form to make you think, "should we offer him a new contract?" As soon as the new season starts he gets injured only to appear again around March time looking for a new contract.

We need players that we can rely on, he doesn't fit the bill.

I agree... but... BUT... how many times have we seen other managers get the best out of players we thought were shite?

Harkins?

It would be a massive gamble in my eyes... but I am prepared to trust Raes judgement.

I agree... but... BUT... how many times have we seen other managers get the best out of players we thought were shite?

Harkins?

It would be a massive gamble in my eyes... but I am prepared to trust Raes judgement.

There's a difference in Gow's case he isn't shite he is extremely talented. The thing is he gets injured and disinterested until his contract is nearly up.

• 3 weeks later...

In many decades of watching football, yesterday was the first time I have seen a " professional football player " warming up with his hands in his Coat pockets.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gifGOW lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

How does "standing with your hands in your pockets" compare to "standing eating a sandwich" in the worst/best warm up stakes?

In many decades of watching football, yesterday was the first time I have seen a " professional football player " warming up with his hands in his Coat pockets.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gifGOW lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Thompson wasn't much better!

As mentioned above Goodwin and the youngsters at least showed a bit of effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...